ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars on Disney+ | Ahsoka
Tribal Warfare 07:40 AM 04-07-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:28 PM 09-28-2023
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Lots to button up. I would assume it ends with everyone arriving back in the "original" galaxy and is left on a cliffhanger for the 2nd season. They also have to address their plans for Baylan Skoll since the actor that played him died recently.
Yeah, the pacing slowed to a crawl over the last couple episodes so you knew this wasn't setting up for any sort of resolution. And since there's supposed to be a movie in 3-4 years, it was all the more obvious.

I kinda feel like it's gonna be pretty unsatisfying. There's just way too left unsettled and the show about Ahsoka that's really just turned into live action Rebels (Disney sidelines the eponymous character again...) has really demonstrated maybe one critical beat as to Ahsoka so it might be nice if they put a LITTLE effort into her character in this episode...

I got more from/about Ahsoka in The Mandalorian then I have in what was ostensibly her show before it turned into the "Sabine Fucks Up Again Happy Funtime Hour"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 09-28-2023
No one can say it's not a damn good looking show at least.

[Reply]
ping2000 03:52 PM 09-28-2023
Boring. Like Boba Fett boring. Too bad.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:49 AM 09-29-2023
The Dark Side witches used the echo created by the Ahsoka/Sabine mental Force connection to find them.

I don't think that's particularly wonky or overpowered. Pretty in line with normal activity in the universe, really. This planet is also pretty tied to the Dark Side, based on what they've said, which I'm sure they're tapping into.

I LOVED Ahsoka reaching out to Shin to offer to help her.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:42 AM 09-29-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Dark Side witches used the echo created by the Ahsoka/Sabine mental Force connection to find them.

I don't think that's particularly wonky or overpowered. Pretty in line with normal activity in the universe, really. This planet is also pretty tied to the Dark Side, based on what they've said, which I'm sure they're tapping into.

I LOVED Ahsoka reaching out to Shin to offer to help her.

Spoiler!

I agree about Ahsoka reaching out to Shin. That was really nicely in character, and that really fit what Dawson can do well. And Shin is really good at portraying the conflict and self doubt subtly (*cough* Hayden Christensen *cough cough*).

Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:13 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I agree about Ahsoka reaching out to Shin. That was really nicely in character, and that really fit what Dawson can do well. And Shin is really good at portraying the conflict and self doubt subtly (*cough* Hayden Christensen *cough cough*).

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:13 PM 10-03-2023
Anyone else having issues keeping the finale stream alive?
[Reply]
007 08:19 PM 10-03-2023
That was.....

Disappointing
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:07 PM 10-03-2023
*sigh…..I don’t know if I’ve ever been so underwhelmed with a show finale. That being said, I’m still definitely looking forward to season 2…if there is one.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:43 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
That was.....

Disappointing
Great. I guess I’ll watch this at some point when I have absolutely nothing better to do. It’s already been underwhelming enough.
[Reply]
Fish 09:48 PM 10-03-2023
Yes, that was certainly one way to end it.

Sigh.

There were a few really good moments.

Spoiler!

But yet, they left so much potential on the table.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:50 PM 10-03-2023
This series reminds me of those MCU Disney+ shows that feel like placeholders on the way to telling a bigger narrative and not something with much of a story to tell in itself (a stark contrast to say, Andor). After strong early seasons, the Mandalorian has trended that way too because of the need to build their SW Universe.

They also somehow went an entire season without revealing Baylan’s motives, so I can only assume the writers haven’t gotten that far yet (and now maybe they never will given Stevenson’s passing).
[Reply]
007 05:06 AM 10-04-2023
I can't believe they really resolved nothing and ended it going in five different directions.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:00 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
I can't believe they really resolved nothing and ended it going in five different directions.
Welcome to Disney.
[Reply]
007 11:20 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Welcome to Disney.

I don't feel that way. I think most of the series I have watched watched on Disney have ended decently. They could move forward with the next season or stop right there and still be OK. This one literally resolved not one thing. This ended as if they have three more seasons planned. I suppose you can say they found Ezra but that's it. Just really let down on that finale.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up