ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
O.city 02:49 PM 12-06-2022
"All these other teams have so much more talent".

Yeah, the Cowboys had a couple 6 win seasons in there. The 9ers picked Nick Bosa 2nd overall.

No shit they have more high end talent. They've had shit years, meanwhile the Chiefs churn out 12plus wins a year.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:49 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Fuck off with the "dropped TD" stuff too.

That's god damn blatant PI.
YUP
[Reply]
O.city 02:51 PM 12-06-2022
I mean....fuck me. I'm not one to cry officiating. It's a hard gig. I get it.

But shit man. If that PI on McDuffie is PI, fine. No issues with that if that's what we're doing. But if that's the way it goes, when the guy doesn't turn his back on Kelce down the sideline....that's PI. I'm just going by the rules you made.

And if both of those are PI, that's OPI.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 12-06-2022
"All these other teams have so much more talent".

Yeah, the Cowboys had a couple 6 win seasons in there. The 9ers picked Nick Bosa 2nd overall.

No shit they have more high end talent. They've had shit years, meanwhile the Chiefs churn out 12plus wins a year.
And if you just take a single player away from either of those teams (Bosa and Parsons), they don't look anywhere near as talented.

The reverse of that is, if you put a guy like Bosa or Parsons on the Chiefs, people would be saying things like "they have to best roster in the NFL".

Those guys are as valuable as any non-QB in the NFL, and the Chiefs haven't been anywhere close enough to draft or trade up for somebody like that.
[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And if you just take a single player away from either of those teams (Bosa and Parsons), they don't look anywhere near as talented.
You mean when you take all pro HOF type DE's off those teams, they aren't as good.......NOOOOOO. Color me shocked.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 12-06-2022
And let's not pretend that the Chiefs roster isn't already full of young talent.

I mean, for all the crying about Veach and the DL, nobody on that side of the argument wants to acknowledge that he went up on the draft and got a legitimate potential blue chipper with McDuffie.

That guy looked like a future All-Pro going up against Chase and Higgins.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:58 PM 12-06-2022
You mean when you take all pro HOF type DE's off those teams, they aren't as good.......NOOOOOO. Color me shocked.
Those guys make everybody around them better.

Can you imagine Diggs with his style of play without Parsons?

How bad would that 49ers secondary look without Bosa? Ward is the only decent corner they have.
[Reply]
O.city 02:59 PM 12-06-2022
And let's not pretend that the Chiefs roster isn't already full of young talent.

I mean, for all the crying about Veach and the DL, nobody on that side of the argument wants to acknowledge that he went up on the draft and got a legitimate potential blue chipper with McDuffie.

That guy looked like a future All-Pro going up against Chase and Higgins.
Yeah, he's really good. Really quickly, nice to see.

But in today's NFL, it's just to hard to make as much of an impact against elite QB's as a CB. They just avoid you, which is valuable, but when other teams have other options, they still move the ball.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 12-06-2022
Those guys make everybody around them better.

Can you imagine Diggs with his style of play without Parsons?

How bad would that 49ers secondary look without Bosa? Ward is the only decent corner they have.
Pretty much.

You just can't get those guys outside the top 10ish. I mean, occasionally you have a TJ Watt situation I guess, but for the most part, you need to suck really badly to get one.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 12-06-2022
Yeah, he's really good. Really quickly, nice to see.

But in today's NFL, it's just to hard to make as much of an impact against elite QB's as a CB. They just avoid you, which is valuable, but when other teams have other options, they still move the ball.
Well the hope is that you now have 2 guys like that (Sneed is also fantastic) and Williams can develop into a great #3.

You get the pass rush fixed, and you can have a great defense.
[Reply]
O.city 03:02 PM 12-06-2022
The biggest issue the Chiefs DL has is that Frank Clark just sucks. He's just bad. If he's....shit....I'm struggling to think of someone here. ......

If he's just at current Khalil Mack level (good player, not great game changing anymore) the Chiefs front 7 is fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:02 PM 12-06-2022
The biggest issue the Chiefs DL has is that Frank Clark just sucks. He's just bad. If he's....shit....I'm struggling to think of someone here. ......

If he's just at current Khalil Mack level (good player, not great game changing anymore) the Chiefs front 7 is fine.
No way, OKchiefs told me that Myles Garrett himself wouldn't be enough!
[Reply]
DRM08 03:03 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Agree with the first couple paragraphs for the most part. Though, the shitty defense Mahomes inherited wasn't Veach's fault. In large part, that was Sutton's/Dorsey's cross to bear. Spags just tried to make chicken salad out of chickenshit when he got to KC. To his credit, it took him just 12 weeks to turn them into something competitive.

However;

Where has DAL been picking all these years? Don't recall them picking in the 30s for some time now. Lot easier to snag great players when you're perennially picking in the teens.

And here's the thing, and the one time I'll give Sutton/Dorsey a little credit: even without Mahomes, except for one season, Andy was producing double-digit win playoff teams year after year, so KC was always picking from the bottom of the draft barrel, even before Mahomes showed up.

So, it was always harder for them to get great players through the draft than DAL has had it in about two decades, since they were always basically a .500 team, always picking at least in the teens or better.

Put another way, if Veach could have a draft where he was picking in the top 15, do you really think he wouldn't pick some great players? you think he doesn't pick Parsons?

It's just not apples to apples, just sayin'.
You are correct that Dallas has been in a better draft spot, no doubt about that. But...

I have no idea if Veach picks a guy like Parsons. He traded for and paid massive money to Frank Clark. A defensive guru head coach was looking to dump the guy and the Chiefs were foolish enough to fall for that trade with Pete Carroll. They were also dumb enough to pay big money to Anthony Hitchens when the Cowboys knew he wasn't worth that type of cash.

Chiefs also blew a first round pick on CEH. Mahomes is partially to blame. He wanted Clyde. But Veach & Reid are mostly to blame. Reid overrules Mahomes all the time in playcalling (4th downs/field goals, etc). Yet they chose CEH and it was a pretty big mistake.
[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 12-06-2022
Well the hope is that you now have 2 guys like that (Sneed is also fantastic) and Williams can develop into a great #3.

You get the pass rush fixed, and you can have a great defense.
My problem with it is just focusing so many resources on it...it could end up backfiring a bit as other areas decay.

We need to hit the DL hard...but now the T spots are really becoming an issue. The areas we now need to hit aren't really areas you find where we're gonna be drafting, if you want immediate type guys there.
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 12-06-2022
No way, OKchiefs told me that Myles Garrett himself wouldn't be enough!
What?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up