ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
vailpass 06:34 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
You're not an elder to your kids?
OK, I guess our different definitions (yours being incorrect) is the issue here.
Mine being incorrect? Like you define who I teach my kids who their elders are? Fuck right off. I’m not their elder, I’m their dad.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:34 PM 08-01-2021
I just don't believe that you have instructed your kids to stand when you enter a room. If you're limiting to grandparents arriving at dinner, I'd believe that.
You would take your hat off at my dinner table other wise that's what you would be eating for dinner
[Reply]
petegz28 06:34 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You would take your hat off at my dinner table other wise that's what you would be eating for dinner
:-)
[Reply]
theoldcoach 06:36 PM 08-01-2021
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:36 PM 08-01-2021
Do toupees count as hats?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:37 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I used to support call centers and would watch people come in with their slippers and blankets. Literally. There is a phrase one of the more successful managers used to have for his staff, you dress professional then you act professional.

He wasn't wrong.
Heh, there are definitely lines to draw at some point if you're in a workplace setting (or on a plane or in a restaurant, etc.).

I'm sure there's a high degree of correlation between those who wear slippers to work versus people who don't, and their general competence..... but, at a certain point between "not looking like ass" and dressing professionally, I can't say I've seen a high level of correlation to competence.

I've seen some of the fakiest fakers dress like they're being sworn into office and I've seen people show up to an interview in a pair of nice jeans and completely knock it out of the park.

Just like dressing casually could hit the stereotypes, I've seen plenty of people who seem to think dressing well will hide their incompetence.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:39 PM 08-01-2021
Groan...so, since you're picking a fight with me over this...are you telling me that you've trained your kids to rise when you enter a room?

If not, I don't know what you are spazzing about nor why you chose to make a big deal about what I said.
I don’t have kids.

I’m not picking a fight with you, we’re I, I’d have responded directly to you.

I’m pointing out to vail that you are someone who is a member of a certain part of our society that has little to no regard or respect of, well, much of anything. The old philosophies, traditions, etiquettes, etc. are nothing more than a tie to a time you you learned somewhere around the way to despise.

Tell me - if wearing or not wearing a hat to the dinner table is no big issue to you, then why is it a big deal to you that some of us don’t believe it should be done? You are contradicting yourself (unsurprising to many of us).
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:39 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The opposite though is people who think they have have to dress up for everything. I remember as a kid my Step Mom made my brother and I wear matching sweaters, corduroys and loafers to a Kansas City Kings game. She wore a dress with heels and a rabbit fur coat and my Dad wore a suit.

I was like WTF??? It's a fucking basketball game!?!?!?!?!
Slayer (my little brother) is like that... I'm not sure he even owns a pair of jeans, while I own multiple jorts.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:40 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
It likely is if you’ve been brought up in, or chose to rebel into, the counter culture. And that’s as much as I’ll say on this particular point of this subject (in this forum any way).
That’s good restraint.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:41 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Do toupees count as hats?
Not if your Bill Self.

*Rimshot
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:41 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Mine being incorrect? Like you define who I teach my kids who their elders are? **** right off. I’m not their elder, I’m their dad.
OK, man

[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:42 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
That’s good restraint.
It was, I think I just blew it by responding to him.

I should probably just leave this thread now.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:42 PM 08-01-2021
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:43 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
WFH is great.

...wait, you do work from home, right?
..yes. I would rather not be visited by the Sexual Harassment Panda.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:43 PM 08-01-2021
Imagine jumping through all these hoops and still being widely regarded as a moran professionally and while out to dinner
[Reply]
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Up