ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think one of the T's will be available at 31. They might have to trade up a bit if they want a certain guy, but giving up a 4th or something woudln't be too much to get the LT you want.
I agree.

But you have to acknowledge that anybody we draft that late in the 1st MIGHT not start day 1.

You yourself has said that's NECESSARY for the pick to be a good one.

So which is it?
[Reply]
O.city 02:14 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Next year's first for a prospect is too much.

We are not getting Sewell. It's not going to happen.

Every other LT in this draft has question marks. Every one.
To you.

Maybe not to the Chiefs brass?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 03-29-2021
To you.

Maybe not to the Chiefs brass?
I would venture to guess the Chiefs brass has a real plan and doesn't think about it like either one of us.
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 03-29-2021
I agree.

But you have to acknowledge that anybody we draft that late in the 1st MIGHT not start day 1.

You yourself has said that's NECESSARY for the pick to be a good one.

So which is it?
Nah, I think he should be able to step in and be adequate day one. With our coaching staff, our offensive system and the guys around him, it shouldn't be a disaster.

They have the highest paid LG (i think ) in football next to him and he's playing for one of the best offensive coaches in the league. What better situation could a guy step in to?

Starting day 1 shouldn't be a problem. Now if we're talking about the guy being an all pro day one, hell no, that's not the expectation.

But plugging him in at LT and bringing him along slowly? Sure.
[Reply]
O.city 02:17 PM 03-29-2021
I would venture to guess the Chiefs brass has a real plan and doesn't think about it like either one of us.
I've been emailing my plans to them daily. We'll see.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 03-29-2021
Nah, I think he should be able to step in and be adequate day one. With our coaching staff, our offensive system and the guys around him, it shouldn't be a disaster.

They have the highest paid LG (i think ) in football next to him and he's playing for one of the best offensive coaches in the league. What better situation could a guy step in to?

Starting day 1 shouldn't be a problem. Now if we're talking about the guy being an all pro day one, hell no, that's not the expectation.

But plugging him in at LT and bringing him along slowly? Sure.
It's the most important position on the offense that's not the QB. You yourself said so.

Starting day 1 is the antithesis of bringing him along slowly.

Once again, it's contradictory.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:19 PM 03-29-2021
Next year's first for a prospect is too much.

We are not getting Sewell. It's not going to happen.

Every other LT in this draft has question marks. Every one.
Well our draft picks all had questions from Patrick to Ford to Peters. Even Clyde’s size was a question mark for people. This franchise is all about boom or bust mentality.

Operation Eichenberg might be the least risky move this franchise has made in awhile though. He’s got hand technique questions but that can easily be coached and his athleticism isn’t elite but it’s definitely good enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well our draft picks all had questions from Patrick to Ford to Peters. Even Clyde’s size was a question mark for people. This franchise is all about boom or bust mentality.

Operation Eichenberg might be the least risky move this franchise has made in awhile though. He’s got hand technique questions but that can easily be coached and his athleticism isn’t elite but it’s definitely good enough.
I don't disagree.

But I'm also not insistent that a draftee HAS to start Day 1.

I'm literally good with anything other than trading future 1st round picks. If they want to trade up to 20, fine. If they want to stay at 31 fine.

If the guys starts, great. If he doesn't, that's fine too.

There's literally a dozen ways to look at this. There's no reason to zero in on one way and only one way.

I can guarantee you the Chiefs aren't suffering from tunnel vision like that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:24 PM 03-29-2021
I don't disagree.

But I'm also not insistent that a draftee HAS to start Day 1.

I'm literally good with anything other than trading future 1st round picks. If they want to trade up to 20, fine. If they want to stay at 31 fine.

If the guys starts, great. If he doesn't, that's fine too.

There's literally a dozen ways to look at this. There's no reason to zero in on one way and only one way.

I can guarantee you the Chiefs aren't suffering from tunnel vision like that.
Agreed. Veach et al. have a list of tackles they like and I'm guessing they'll be available in rounds 1-3.

If we don't get one in the first three rounds or so, I'll likely be a tad more worried. As of now, not so much.
[Reply]
O.city 02:28 PM 03-29-2021
It's the most important position on the offense that's not the QB. You yourself said so.

Starting day 1 is the antithesis of bringing him along slowly.

Once again, it's contradictory.
It's just not man. You dont' have to be sitting on the bench to be brought along slowly.

Look at all the rookie's that started and played well last year all around the league without an offseason.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:32 PM 03-29-2021
Signing Okung or another stop-gap allows you take the best long-term prospect at LT. It's a win-win.
That’s the thing though...

Okung is always hurt.

If you sign him, the rookie needs to be ready to play anyway...so just rip the bandaid off, let the kid play next to a really good LG that will help him snd spend that 7-10m on another position that can either

help Mahomes score points
or
keep opposing teams from scoring (Houston)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s the thing though...

Okung is always hurt.

If you sign him, the rookie needs to be ready to play anyway...so just rip the bandaid off, let the kid play next to a really good LG that will help him snd spend that 7-10m on another position that can either

help Mahomes score points
or
keep opposing teams from scoring (Houston)
Or just sign someone else then, it doesn't have to be Okung.

There's all kinds of possibilities. No need for tunnel vision.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 03-29-2021
It's just not man. You dont' have to be sitting on the bench to be brought along slowly.

Look at all the rookie's that started and played well last year all around the league without an offseason.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Ever.
[Reply]
O.city 02:38 PM 03-29-2021
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Ever.
Where has anyone said it has to be a sure thing?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 03-29-2021
Where has anyone said it has to be a sure thing?
You said he has to start day 1. There's a chance he doesn't. There's absolutely no guarantee he'll be ready to start, regardless of who he is, and even if he is, Andy may decide he doesn't like the idea.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 32
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up