ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 79
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:08 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They can get like $17M by converting some of Mahomes' contract.

Tyrann is going to get re-done any time now and that will free up some.

Schwartz and Fisher freed up $18M.

And there's a bunch of other moves they could make. Some are easy (messing with Jones contract) and some not so (extending Clark).
and probably Kelce.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:08 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Good. We need the money and not the uncertainty.
Uncertainty would definitely describe Niang currently.

I get the enthusiasm for his potential, but the reality is he hasn't even participated in an official team practice... college or pro since October 2019.

Also the Chiefs aren't going to get a chance to put him through a physical until April at the earliest and with a potential virtual offseason he may not get back on the field in a practice setting until training camp in July.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I love how everybody is coming at me like I made some bold proclamation/prediction or THEY actually saw this coming.

I was taking Veach at his word. I am usually wrong. Big ****ing deal.
Fixed
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:09 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Anyone see all the comments on ProFootballTalk.com regarding this news? The hatred and stupidity is hilarious. Feels good to be the new Darth Vader of the NFL.

"Chiefs are done, they will have to cut 47 players and Mahomes is injury prone..."

Can't even believe these people are able to function in society.
From afar, you'd look at them still being over the cap and I'm sure you'd have that reaction.

When you start digging into their situation on OTC, you realize they aren't in bad shape, actually, and have a lot of flexibility. People are going to be amazed, again, at how much the Chiefs do this offseason.

It's not like the Saints or Eagles. I spent some time a few weeks ago trying to see if their awful-looking cap situations were actually not as bad as they appeared (like KC).

But they weren't. Those teams were in rough shape and facing a ton of painful extensions (to kick the can) or releases.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:09 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Mahomes only has a $990,000 base for this season.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/
Right - not his base salary, but his roster bonus. Same with Jones.

Roster bonuses hit 100% that year. Converting those to signing bonuses prorate them over the life of the contract. It makes Jones' cap number next year insane though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 03-11-2021
I love how everybody is coming at me like I made some bold proclamation/prediction or THEY actually saw this coming.

I was taking Veach at his word. I was wrong. Big fucking deal.
Kind of where I'm at.

Already said I was wrong and already asked for my helping of crow.

These discussions always get so emotional and for me, there's no emotion in it at all.

I was NEVER talking about what I want, I was talking about what I thought the Chiefs could or would do. I ended up being wrong, which happens a lot when you speculate on the future. I'm not a psychic and I don't pretend to be one on TV.

Besides ain't nothing going to bother me today, it's a great day to be a Chiefs fan!
[Reply]
tk13 10:10 AM 03-11-2021
This is where the fun begins. Veach has done a great of rebuilding parts of the team when they start going downhill though. You have to if you're going to stay at the top.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 03-11-2021
Matt Miller just released a 7 round mock draft.

1. Teven Jenkins, OT - New RT
2. Alex Leatherwood, OT - New LT
3. Josh Myers, OC - New Center

Niang plays LG.

Let the freak out mocks commence. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fixed
Yea point me to your post saying we’d cut both starting T’s.

I’ll wait...
[Reply]
In58men 10:10 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Matt Miller just released a 7 round mock draft.

1. Teven Jenkins, OT - New RT
2. Alex Leatherwood, OT - New LT
3. Josh Myers, OC - New Center

Niang plays LG.

Let the freak out mocks commence. :-)
Good god, he went full OL panic mode.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:11 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Anyone see all the comments on ProFootballTalk.com regarding this news? The hatred and stupidity is hilarious. Feels good to be the new Darth Vader of the NFL.

"Chiefs are done, they will have to cut 47 players and Mahomes is injury prone..."

Can't even believe these people are able to function in society.
:-)
[Reply]
Pants 10:11 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Who will the Chiefs cut to get under the cap for a new tackle? You are still $3 million over.
You extend and restructure current players.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 03-11-2021
I bet we cut both tackles
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 03-11-2021
Yea point me to your post saying we’d cut both starting T’s.

I’ll wait...
Originally Posted by O.city:
I bet we cut both tackles
There you go.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:12 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Wonder if they'll trade up like they did with Mahomes to get the tackle they really desire. OLine is never a sexy move, but cutting both Schwartz and Fisher leaves little doubt where they're going with their first pick, the problem is the league knows it now so someone could trade back up into the first round to snag the best OL on the board. I'm trying to think of what player we have that would be worthy trade bait; after last years performance I don't think you could trade Clark for much, and even then that puts you down an edge rusher. I would think Matheiu, Hill and Kelce are untradeable along with Mahomes of course. You want to keep Sneed and the young guys who've contributed to our secondary. I don't know, looks like we're going in short on the OLine this year unless we get the most fortunate of draft circumstances with guy falling and destroying this year while staying healthy. Rebuilding year for the OLine for sure, hope it doesn't put Mahomes on his back too much.
There's no way they cut both tackles today if the plan is to go with the draft.

They're bringing in a starting lineman (or two) in the next few days I'd bet.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 79
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up