ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
OctoberFart 11:55 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Imagine if Josh Gordon gets his life together and signs a cheap deal with the raiders
Don't need him and if he hasn't got it together yet it is never happening.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:59 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
The Raiders found their guy and are proving that without a QB you will suck. Carr no longer is messing up the second half of games. Their defense has not played well and he is the reason they win. Alex is the reason we lose. He's the reason our offense sucks balls and has for three years.

You can win without the QB being the strength of your team. I think that's just an exceedingly difficult way to build a perennial winner based on the current state of the league.

The Seahawks did it in 2013, the Broncos did it last season and the Vikings are doing it now.

But even on those squads, the QB had to do make enough plays to win big games and they did when it mattered.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:13 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Explain how they went to the Superbowl twice if they didn't draft well. :-)

They got Kam, Wilson, Kearse, Baldwin And RW in later rounds
What exactly do you classify "later rounds"? And did you list russel Wilson twice?
[Reply]
dls6501 12:56 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Explain how they went to the Superbowl twice if they didn't draft well. :-)

They got Kam, Wilson, Kearse, Baldwin And RW in later rounds
Your claim was because Carroll/Seahawks draft so well, they could afford to give Russell Wilson a massive contract. Russell signed his big contract extension after the 2014 season.

I was even being generous by giving you 2 additional years of draft analysis prior to the Wilson extension to help YOU prove your point.

But your claim about the Seahawks drafting was categorically false, and now you are moving the goalposts to include players drafted as far back as 2010 and undrafted free agents as well?

You wonder why none of us take you seriously.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:27 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by dls6501:
Your claim was because Carroll/Seahawks draft so well, they could afford to give Russell Wilson a massive contract. Russell signed his big contract extension after the 2014 season.

I was even being generous by giving you 2 additional years of draft analysis prior to the Wilson extension to help YOU prove your point.

But your claim about the Seahawks drafting was categorically false, and now you are moving the goalposts to include players drafted as far back as 2010 and undrafted free agents as well?

You wonder why none of us take you seriously.
You say "us" as if you're a real Chiefs fan. That's adorable!
[Reply]
NWTF 04:33 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
But not as adorable as a fan who followed a mediocre game manager to his new team and became a fan of that new team. Now thats adorable.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:36 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by NWTF:
But not as adorable as a fan who followed a mediocre game manager to his new team and became a fan of that new team. Now thats adorable.
I was sick of the SF GM, HC, and the team in general. What? was it demanded that I stay, even though I didn't like watching them anymore? Child, please.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:53 PM 10-11-2016
I was sick of the SF GM, HC, and the team in general. What? was it demanded that I stay, even though I didn't like watching them anymore? Child, please.

But you were never sick of the game manager even after all of his awful years?
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:04 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
But you were never sick of the game manager even after all of his awful years?
nah.. he became my poor, beleaguered project that would one day persevere through all of the poor OLs, carousel coaches, and underwhelming WRs around him to succeed.

.. and he did.. sort of. Can't think of many QBs that endured a similar 6 year path that later went on to greatness. I felt it just might be in him to take the next 6 years, and become the player he was meant to be. We seem to be at the two steps back portion.. maybe worse.

These next 2-3 years could be the final chapters of this very long and unprecedented book. I'll be glad to reach the final conclusion.. one way or the other.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:15 PM 10-11-2016
nah.. he became my poor, beleaguered project that would one day persevere through all of the poor OLs, carousel coaches, and underwhelming WRs around him to succeed.

.. and he did.. sort of. Can't think of many QBs that endured a similar 6 year path that later went on to greatness. I felt it just might be in him to take the next 6 years, and become the player he was meant to be. We seem to be at the two steps back portion.. maybe worse.

These next 2-3 years could be the final chapters of this very long and unprecedented book. I'll be glad to reach the final conclusion.. one way or the other.
And sad book.

How many offensive coordinators lost their job under Alex?
[Reply]
dls6501 05:16 PM 10-11-2016
You have the nerve to call out another person's fandom? GFY Sandy. Cant wait until Alex leaves and you move on to a new team.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:17 PM 10-11-2016
You have the nerve to call out another person's fandom? GFY Sandy. Cant wait until Alex leaves and you move on to a new team.

That will be after next season thank God.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:48 PM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
And sad book.

How many offensive coordinators lost their job under Alex?
How many OCs were also promoted to HC under his teams?

McCarthy
Turner
shit, maybe Martz was after, I'm not checking
Pederson

Do you even know the others? Ever heard of Mike Johnson? Jimmy Raye? lol!!!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:49 PM 10-11-2016
looks like I have been here longer than you... and near all your posts are Alex/QB related...

You don't have to have the balls to admit what you are.. you and I know.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:02 PM 10-11-2016
How many OCs were also promoted to HC under his teams?

McCarthy
Turner
shit, maybe Martz was after, I'm not checking
Pederson

Do you even know the others? Ever heard of Mike Johnson? Jimmy Raye? lol!!!

Yeah.

Mccarthy and Norv got their jobs because of Alex :-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 40
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up