ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best National Media Tears Official Thread
staylor26 11:50 PM 01-23-2022

The NFL is the greatest league in sports because of the parity. The last team drafts first, the first team drafts last. Not allowing Josh Allen, the best player in today’s game, to touch the ball in overtime is one thing the @NFL must fix. pic.twitter.com/UqP4vE6nc0

— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:44 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
if kobe was so good why is he dead
Top Notch!!!

The evening's not complete until I'm filled with self-loathing for what I'm laughing my ass off at.
[Reply]
eDave 12:03 AM 01-25-2022
Oddly enough, I think Steven A. Smith said it best. Paraphrasing: "Allen is the next Brady. Mahomes is in a special class called Mahomes."
[Reply]
Dayze 12:03 AM 01-25-2022
Nick Wright just straight up curb stomped them .
[Reply]
srvy 12:26 AM 01-25-2022
Yes he did hit the nail squarely on the head. Sadly nobody watches his show but KC fans.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:48 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yeah, someone is going to have to explain to me how the "Bills were the better Team" narrative works. We out-statted them in just about everything that matters. We gave the Bills 8 points and they still couldn't win that game. That kinda tells me who the actual better Team is in this contest.
FYP... the silly 3rd and short play after Hill's punt return took 4 off the board as well.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:02 AM 01-25-2022

"There's nothing more perfect than the best football weekend being punctuated by the best football player we've ever seen. ... You can have any QB in NFL history for 1 game, 1 drive, 1 throw, who you taking? Patrick bleeping Mahomes. This is LeBron in his prime." — @getnickwright pic.twitter.com/aK6b0zY9UP

— First Things First (@FTFonFS1) January 24, 2022

On point as usual.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:34 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sure am glad for the lenient refs because we sprung Hardman open in OT with 2 incredibly blatant picks by Pringle and Kelce.
Yeah those were baaaaaad. But it seemed like the refs were allowing the defenders to mug the receivers. So it's only fair to let the receivers do it back.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:41 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I honestly don't get much of the media's attitude towards Mahomes. The man is a gift to the sport. Every journalist and pundit saying "It's a shame we're talking about the rules and not the game" - well talk about the game. I mean who looks at that ending and thinks "gargh, terrible for the sport"? Who looks at Mahomes producing unprecedented, epoch-defining greatness and thinks "shame about those rules" - aside from Bills fans.

I get Kansas isn't New York in terms of market. I get that some pundits have connections to other teams. But we had decades of every superlative thrown at Brady. Mahomes is a good family man without any hint of controversy, he's active in the community, is active in charity work, he wins with class and loses with grace....and he produces 13 second drives to tie games by making the outrageous and impossible look everyday. He is a fu**ing magician. Every. Single. D***head journalist should be talking about Mahomes in God mode. The fact that many are focused on whining about rules and fluffing Allen is absolutely baffling to me.
This.

The national media should be opening with a segment on freaking Kelce and Mahomes improvising, in the biggest play of the season, and Mahomes yelling "DO IT DO IT KELS" during his cadence. How freaking incredible is that? Two future hall of famers, at the absolute pinnacle of their game, doing insane things in the biggest moment. We should all take a minute to appreciate and savor the greatness of what we just saw.

Instead every freaking national show wants to lead with whining about the OT rules. **** off.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:44 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The national media wasn't having a collective hissy fit after it happened to the Chiefs. Sure there was discussion but there wasn't OUTRAGE.
Didn't hear a peep from the national media when Brady did it to Atlanta in the Super Bowl. But if it was the other way around and the golden boy never got to touch the ball? The rule would already be changed.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:46 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I agree with your idea on how the media has operated with Jordan/Brady. That said, I do think Mahomes is more clutch than LeBron. Patrick is a friggin' magician.

But in football, you need help from your teammates. Dee Ford screwed him or people would already view Mahomes in an elevated way. Brady would have one less ring too, with a game-ending INT.
Which would have been his third INT on the day.
[Reply]
threebag 03:51 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Get used to it. It's been happening to LeBron for nearly two decades now largely because he dared to challenge the greatness of Michael Jordan. Mahomes is going to have his fair share of haters in the media because of his obvious challenge to Brady's legacy.
Fuck LeBron James
Fuck LeBron James
[Reply]
alanm 04:23 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Seriously.

WHO IN THE HELL CALLS TAILS?
Lot's of people. Including Josh Allen. You've never heard of "Tails never fails."? :-)
[Reply]
Reroka 04:28 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fuck that,
Happen to the Chiefs vs the pats and Patrick Mahomes is the best player in the NFL, Not Josh Allen.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:54 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Was the first flip Josh lost all year. His saying is, tails never fails. Well until it does, I guess.
It's ironic, but I swear in 2018 KC dealt with something similar. I think they won every coin toss that year except for OT in the AFCCG.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:36 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It's ironic, but I swear in 2018 KC dealt with something similar. I think they won every coin toss that year except for OT in the AFCCG.
Yeah, then play defense and don't let them get a td. We didn't. It's fair as it is.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 31
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up