ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 38
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:39 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, we don't have any high end talent at WR. That's a pretty significant part of that equation.
You can only cover a WR for so long. Give a QB like Mahomes time and he will find one. We don’t need elite WRs, we need Mahomes to have time to work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
At this point I don't even care to have him back anywhere near LT, he can either play where he fits best or move on.
Exactly.

He COULD play RT but he won't. So bench him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You can only cover a WR for so long. Give a QB like Mahomes time and he will find one. We don’t need elite WRs, we need Mahomes to have time to work.
Yep.
[Reply]
-King- 11:47 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Rookie CB's? Fuck it we'll start two of them!

Rookie Safety! Hell yeah.

Rookie C? You know it!

Rookie G? Play that mofo.

Rookie RB? Hand that foo' the rock.

Rookie DE? Chase that QB, big boy.

Rookie LB? Take Hitchens' job and don't look back.

But a rookie WR? "Oh we gotta redshirt those guys. The system is just sooooo haaaaard"

GMAFB dudes, you really think that's what's happening? That the Chiefs are willing to start a rookie at every position BUT WR? Really? Sheeesh.
Jeremy Maclin played in 89% of snaps his rookie year. DeSean Jackson played 92%. Reid doesn't have a problem playing rookie WRs who are actually good. It's just that the ones we have drafted haven't actually been good so far so everyone latches on to the excuse that he doesn't play rookie WRs at all.

But at this point, how much worse can Skyy be than the players ahead of him? Just put him out there and see what he can do
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:49 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Jeremy Maclin played in 89% of snaps his rookie year. DeSean Jackson played 92%. Reid doesn't have a problem playing rookie WRs who are actually good. It's just that the ones we have drafted haven't actually been good so far so everyone latches on to the excuse that he doesn't play rookie WRs at all.

But at this point, how much worse can Skyy be than the players ahead of him? Just put him out there and see what he can do
This.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:51 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Thuney to LT, Allegretti to LG, and Brown Jr. To RT probably is the best we could do to rectify the situation going forward, even if it is a far from perfect solution.
Yep, Brown looked so bad yesterday that I'm willing to move him to RT, but I doubt he'd do it. It's not the he's not elite, he's not even good. I don't care what the ratings say. I'm not convinced that Thuney - Allegretti wouldn't be better than Brown - Thuney. Brown cannot consistently pass block, and he's especially bad in road games for whatever reason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 09-26-2022
I know somebody said it in the game thread yesterday so I want to give credit where it's due but OBJ wasn't just "off" yesterday. He was false starting on nearly every play. He was out of his stance early over and over and they simply didn't call it.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:55 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know somebody said it in the game thread yesterday so I want to give credit where it's due but OBJ wasn't just "off" yesterday. He was false starting on nearly every play. He was out of his stance early over and over and they simply didn't call it.
Yep. He appeared to have trouble with footing on that field, and was trying to get a jump. Just an embarrassing performance.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:57 AM 09-26-2022

That is good info. I am curious though when it comes to those 2 guys what % is just run deep especially with Desean. That isn't Skyy's game and reading Nate Taylor's recent article in the Athletic about Mahomes Texas practices with the WR's there is alot of variables in each route which probably why it may take longer for Skyy to get more snaps since he isn't that burner type.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:00 PM 09-26-2022

The best examples that people can come up with that disprove this theory/explanation are more than a decade old, and it's 2 WRs that were fringe 1st rounders.

Again, even with Hunt and CEH, the initial plan was obviously for them to be eased in. Ware and Williams were slated to start the season as RB1.

Also, I don't speak for everybody, but that's reasoning for a lack of playing time 3 games into his rookie season. I'm not saying it's an excuse for an entire rookie season.

I fully expect Moore's role to grow as the season progresses.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:03 PM 09-26-2022
My opinion it was just a shit day and if it could go wrong it did. Hell even Clark Hunt's private jet had engine problems and they missed the start of the game. Team stepped on their own dicks all day and still almost won.

But it opens up the personal vendettas on CP have against certain players, front office, coaches etc.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
My opinion it was just a shit day and if it could go wrong it did. Hell even Clark Hunt's private jet had engine problems and they missed the start of the game. Team stepped on their own dicks all day and still almost won.

But it opens up the personal vendettas on CP have against certain players, front office, coaches etc.
Nail on the fucking head.

Every time we lose like this, it's the same people that start popping up that are usually nowhere to be found when things are going good.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:05 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You may not NEED elite WR but it sure as hell helps. Every other top team in the AFC like Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, and LAC all have multiple quality wide receivers.
[Reply]
-King- 12:06 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best examples that people can come up with that disprove this theory/explanation are more than a decade old, and it's 2 WRs that were fringe 1st rounders.

Again, even with Hunt and CEH, the initial plan was obviously for them to be eased in. Ware and Williams were slated to start the season as RB1.

Also, I don't speak for everybody, but that's reasoning for a lack of playing time 3 games into his rookie season. I'm not saying it's an excuse for an entire rookie season.

I fully expect Moore's role to grow as the season progresses.
Dude had 8 snaps and ran 4 routes yesterday. The week before he had 2 snaps 0 routes. Unless he's just awful in practice, that makes no sense. That's way more than just bringing him on slowly. Especially with a bunch of jags in front of him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:07 PM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You may not NEED elite WR but it sure as hell helps. Every other top team in the AFC like Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami, and LAC all have multiple quality wide receivers.
You just listed 4 teams that either have a QB on a rookie deal or signed their playmaking WR's before their QB got his 2nd contract.

We're not at all in the same place as any of those teams. Especially not after this season.

They won't be able to keep those teams together indefinitely.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 38
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up