ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 488
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:25 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Bills signed Von. Their pass rush was their biggest weakness and they addressed it. Bengals signed Karras, Cappa, and looks like they're about to land Lael Collins. They're going hard to address their weakness.

Meanwhile...

And now we need a new corner that will line up across from Devante Adams twice a season.
Sneed already exists.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:25 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sneed already exists.
Beat me to it.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:26 PM 03-17-2022
Sneed already exists.
And that can easily be their plan. Signs a true NB and move Sneed outside.

But since we don’t have to patience to see things play out, we have to assume they aren’t going to address it.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:28 PM 03-17-2022
Your top needs are the deepest areas of the draft. A 3rd LB along with depth don’t require a ton of money. You’ll need another CB but we’ve got our two starters. And Wylie is your RT…no upgrade is coming unless it’s through the draft.
Yeah, we're in good shape really. The draft will be a lot of fun. :-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:28 PM 03-17-2022
According to overthecap.com the Fletcher Cox cut was a June 1 designation cut.

That is going to be an interesting re-sign contract. There will be some interesting Dead money.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:30 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
According to overthecap.com the Fletcher Cox cut was a June 1 designation cut.

That is going to be an interesting re-sign contract. There will be some interesting Dead money.
Go get him Veach.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:31 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Yeah, we're in good shape really. The draft will be a lot of fun. :-)
Easy for you to say. My wife left me over this bullshit offseason.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:32 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Go get him Veach.
Eagles cut Fletcher Cox with a June 1 designation and then turned around and re-signed him.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:35 PM 03-17-2022
Just had a thought.

Last years FA was frustrating because we kept missing out on guys we were interested in and it seemed like we weren’t able to deliver on our plan of attack.

This year, Veach directly stated that he wouldn’t be involved in the early part of FA, but would probably be active in the second wave. He also said he would be aggressive with the DL position and then referenced how this was a good draft for that.

None of the big names that have signed were directly tied to us as being interested in, just guys that people thought would fit well here.

I say all that to say - it seems like we are still operating within Veach’s plan. We haven’t whiffed on anyone yet that we know of. When thinking of guys we are tied to, JuJu is the only one I can think of, and he hasn’t signed anywhere yet.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:35 PM 03-17-2022
The Steelers are re-signing cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon to a two-year, $8 million deal, Josina Anderson of CBS Sports reports.
[Reply]
-King- 08:37 PM 03-17-2022
Sneed already exists.

Sure but Ward matches up to him better and they used him to cover Adams in both of their matchups.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 PM 03-17-2022
The Steelers are re-signing cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon to a two-year, $8 million deal, Josina Anderson of CBS Sports reports.
G'damn

Big, physical, athletic, young and cheap.

And he has, at times, been EXTREMELY good. I'm not sure you can count on a great deal of consistency from him, but he was outstanding for SF a couple years ago, fell out of favor, got traded and then was good in Pitt when they brought him in.

I mean man - he's not a Ward replacement but at this point nobody is. At that price he's just quality depth.

Shit man, exactly what are we doing?

Again, I ain't mad that we're not swimming with the sharks here. But I'm starting to get really damn confused about the fact that we're not doing those things that are savvy alternatives.

At a point you have to actually get some fucking dudes on this roster, Brett. And at $4 million/yr, how cheap do you really need them to be?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:39 PM 03-17-2022
Eagles cut Fletcher Cox with a June 1 designation and then turned around and re-signed him.
No they have not. Working on it, but nothing finalized. He is free to listen to offers.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:42 PM 03-17-2022
I don’t understand why we aren’t spending huge money on defensive free agents so we can just bitch about all of the defensive players we have spent huge money on like Justin Houston, Frank Clark, Eric Berry, Tyrann Matheiu and Chris Jones.

I just don’t get it guys. We need to continue the cycle guys or I will seriously be depressed.

Goddamn you Burt. Goddamn you!
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:47 PM 03-17-2022
Maybe Malik Herring will turn into something this year for us
[Reply]
Page 179 of 488
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Up