ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 179 of 319
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:46 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Too bad someone didn't hire Bieniemy. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 03:47 PM 03-10-2021
Vikings cut Riley Reiff
[Reply]
-King- 03:50 PM 03-10-2021
Riley Reiff just got cut. That's a big target
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:52 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Vikings cut Riley Reiff
Be a nice fit, IMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Yeah, but he was brought in to be RB2.... signing him during the season is way different than the beginning of free agency.

Nobody is going to spend FA dollars on areas where they don’t have a need. My point is this season may allow us to plug a few holes with 1 year gap players who think they will get more money next off season
My point is that guys are going to sign where they think they can shine. Being on a contender doesn't help them if they can't get on the field due to existing depth at their position.

In the end, being a contender is a wash vs. being a team that actually has a spot where a guy can actually capitalize on a 1-year deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:05 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Vikings cut Riley Reiff
Wow. That's kind of a shocker.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:06 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wow. That's kind of a shocker.
Gonna be a cap bloodbath around the league.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:08 PM 03-10-2021
The free agent market will be flush with offensive lineman and wide receivers willing to play for cheap 1 year deals.

There is absolutely no reason for Chiefs fans to panic about filling those positions, whether it's starters or depth.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:13 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My point is that guys are going to sign where they think they can shine. Being on a contender doesn't help them if they can't get on the field due to existing depth at their position.

In the end, being a contender is a wash vs. being a team that actually has a spot where a guy can actually capitalize on a 1-year deal.

I don't think you understand me.

Take the WR position, you don't think a FA WR would shine here on a one year deal with Mahomes? I'm talking about Free agents who you would put in your starting lineup. Basically any place you all want to spend a first round pick on is also a target in free agency. So DE, WR, OT (maybe).

I'm not talking #2 TE or rotational DT
[Reply]
Hoover 04:14 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The free agent market will be flush with offensive lineman and wide receivers willing to play for cheap 1 year deals.

There is absolutely no reason for Chiefs fans to panic about filling those positions, whether it's starters or depth.
Exactly
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:40 PM 03-10-2021

Agreed. Bart should be patient, knowing it's a buyer's market.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:48 PM 03-10-2021

Take the WR position, you don't think a FA WR would shine here on a one year deal with Mahomes? I'm talking about Free agents who you would put in your starting lineup. Basically any place you all want to spend a first round pick on is also a target in free agency. So DE, WR, OT (maybe).

Not really, honestly.

I mean, what are they gonna do statwise? maybe 50 balls? 60?

There's only one football.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:53 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not really, honestly.

I mean, what are they gonna do statwise? maybe 50 balls? 60?

There's only one football.
With all of the dropped passes last year, along with Sammy Watkin's invisibility cloak, I think it will be relatively easy to upgrade the #2 WR position this season, whether it's via the draft or free agency.

I mean, this offense really struggled late in the season because defenses were keying on Kelce & Hill and without CEH, the Chiefs had difficulty scoring.

If they can add at least one more legitimate weapon, this offense has a chance to match their 2018 output for sure.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:56 PM 03-10-2021
With all of the dropped passes last year, along with Sammy Watkin's invisibility cloak, I think it will be relatively easy to upgrade the #2 WR position this season, whether it's via the draft or free agency.

I mean, this offense really struggled late in the season because defenses were keying on Kelce & Hill and without CEH, they had difficulty scoring.

But if they can add at least one more legitimate weapon, this offense has a chance to match their 2018 output for sure.
Oh I think we can absolutely replace and upgrade Watkins' 37 catches.

I just don't buy that the top tier guys would want to take a cheap one year deal to be WR#2 here; it's not going to drive their price up next year, because no matter WHO it is, they're option #3 in KC. So yeah, 50 or 60 balls most likely.

That's not going to get them a big payday.

I would think we'd be looking for a younger guy that's maybe been underutilized but has the skillset to be an 'X'. That or an older vet just looking for a ring.

But probably not a top tier guy, his stats just won't make him money.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:59 PM 03-10-2021

This is going to depend on the WR. This offense is supposedly very hard for players to pick up and normally takes 2 or 3 years to "shine" within.
[Reply]
Page 179 of 319
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189229279 > Last »
Up