Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
ThrobProng 01:46 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Imagine if they don't win gold or even a medal. The criticism afterwards would fire almost everyone.

Better yet. Imagine if the big 3 had a game on the same time and CC played. Which is the country and world watching?
If a basketball team loses and nobody sees it happen, is it still a loss?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:46 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's really strange.

I mean it's fairly comparable to the PGA when Woods broke out. And the old guard players bristled when this new guy who didn't play like them (or look like them) came in and was just kicking everyone's ass.

But the difference is that the PGA - the organization - didn't. They recognized immediately that Woods was their path to national relevance and leaned hard into him. He was immediately the face of everything.

The PGA didn't respond to Tiger Woods by saying "Hey, this is our chance to make people love Jim Furyk!!" They weren't hyping Tom Lehman over Tiger. And when Fuzzy Zoeller did his thing, the PGA didn't suspend him but they didn't make it Zoeller vs. Woods and quietly seem to favor Zoeller.

The players are gonna do what they're gonna do - just as PGA golfers took some time to adjust to the realities of being nationally popular because of someone that wasn't them. But eventually they accepted it and I figure sooner or later the WNBA players will as well.

But what I don't understand is why the WNBA is almost deliberately sidelining their version of Tiger Woods. She needs to be EVERYTHING to this league and the other players can get in line or get left behind, just as guys like Mickelson and Mark O'Meara eventually did. Someone like David Duval imploded with the pressure and the Tour moved on without him.

But you can't hold yourself back like this. It's just poor leadership.
I think the wnba is the last remnant of an outraged old guard that’s starting to get phased out. If women’s soccer is any indication, the old guard is a bunch of entitled loud and cocky and activist voices and the younger guard is more down to business. I think you’ll see an enormous increase in humility from USWNT going into the Olympics. I think you see that in the wnba except instead of entitlement, the old guard has a chip on their shoulder. That’s why you see way more humility out of Caitlin clark. I think you see that same kind of polish in juju Watkins on and off the court. That’s why you see the outrage media mongers like Jemele hill, who have been deplatformed for every sport, latch on because it’s the only place left that’s entertaining the dying “art” of selling manufactured outrage.

But until this old guard gets phased out they’re going to continue to kill their golden goose.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:44 PM 06-10-2024
https://x.com/MattWallace888/status/...Fd1vNu_tQ&s=19
[Reply]
jettio 04:44 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
She handled that great.

Asked a stupid question and answered it according to her own personality.

It is weird that Whitlock, who got his ass booted from "prime time" gigs, would have that stupid ass comment.

Whitlock must have targeted that tweet to the demographic that just hates listening to someone black who grew up around black people talk out loud without trying to whiten up the voice.

I doubt that the SKY media relations people are going to spend any time at all coaching this player up on how to answer stupid questions that state the reporter's opinion and invite the player to knock her teammates.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:08 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
She handled that great.

It is weird that Whitlock, who got his ass booted from "prime time" gigs, would have that stupid ass comment.

Whitlock must have targeted that tweet to the demographic that just hates listening to someone black who grew up around black people talk out loud without trying to whiten up the voice.

I doubt that the SKY media relations people are going to spend any time at all coaching this player up on how to answer stupid questions that state the reporter's opinion and invite the player to knock her teammates.
What? Stars in sports have to answer mundane clichéd questions all the time. Just answer it with a canned answer, it's not that hard.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:10 PM 06-10-2024
She handled that great.

If these wnba players are actually serious about money and charter flights, they can have the common decency to show up and answer the questions they’re being asked. The whole league is acting like Cleveland browns fans, getting weird jollies off of failure instead of embracing success. And they need to get out of their tiny little bubbles. Just because a small % of loudmouths are applauding you (while the other 99% are turned off) doesn’t mean the world is celebrating it. This chip on their shoulder isn’t “cute.” It’s a huge turn off to new people tuning in.

If they prefer to fly under the radar then just say that and stop griping about people not supporting the league.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:20 PM 06-10-2024
She handled that great??

:-)

Jesus what dipshit watched that exchange and came away with that impression??
[Reply]
jettio 05:43 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If these wnba players are actually serious about money and charter flights, they can have the common decency to show up and answer the questions they’re being asked. The whole league is acting like Cleveland browns fans, getting weird jollies off of failure instead of embracing success. And they need to get out of their tiny little bubbles. Just because a small % of loudmouths are applauding you (while the other 99% are turned off) doesn’t mean the world is celebrating it. This chip on their shoulder isn’t “cute.” It’s a huge turn off to new people tuning in.

If they prefer to fly under the radar then just say that and stop griping about people not supporting the league.
You honestly watch that and that makes you mad?

Let people be themselves. I hate when weak people piss and moan about what people are supposed to say when asked dumbass questions.

If you think that question was so great, then explain why you think that was a great question.

I honeslty do not give a shit if you or anybody else decides that video tweeted by Whitlock causes one to abandon their brand new intreest in the WNBA.
[Reply]
jettio 05:54 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What? Stars in sports have to answer mundane clichéd questions all the time. Just answer it with a canned answer, it's not that hard.
That's bullshit. Maybe you need to watch the video enough times to realize that she handled it perfectly.

It is early in the season. Make that reporter afraid to ask dumbass questions so that you have less dumbass questions to process all season.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:54 PM 06-10-2024
You honestly watch that and that makes you mad?

Let people be themselves. I hate when weak people piss and moan about what people are supposed to say when asked dumbass questions.

If you think that question was so great, then explain why you think that was a great question.
Most questions athletes get from reporters are very dumb. Andy Reid is a hell of a coach who lets his players be themselves. Ain’t no fucking way he’d tolerate this kind of a response, nor would mark donovan who puts a lot of effort into marketing his team and players.
[Reply]
jettio 06:02 PM 06-10-2024
Most questions athletes get from reporters are very dumb. Andy Reid is a hell of a coach who lets his players be themselves. Ain’t no ****ing way he’d tolerate this kind of a response, nor would mark donovan who puts a lot of effort into marketing his team and players.
So now you are going to play make-believe Andy Reid to insist that Jason Whitlock was right to snitch on this black girl to the white people?

Watch the video ten times. Maybe you will realize that only a fool follows a fool like Whitlock.

You probably could figure it out a lot sooner than the tenth viewing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:07 PM 06-10-2024
So now you are going to play make-believe Andy Reid to insist that Jason Whitlock was right to snitch on this black girl to the white people?

Watch the video ten times. Maybe you will realize that only a fool follows a fool like Whitlock.

You probably could figure it out a lot sooner than the tenth viewing.
What does Jason Whitlock have to do with this? Was he recording this with a hidden camera nobody was supposed to see?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:09 PM 06-10-2024
The wnba isn’t in a position where media is tripping over themselves to get a story. They have pr people trying hard to get media to cover the sport. Disrespecting them is not a choice unless they don’t want the attention, which despite their griping it seems like that’s what they want
[Reply]
jettio 06:16 PM 06-10-2024
What does Jason Whitlock have to do with this? Was he recording this with a hidden camera nobody was supposed to see?
See the earlier posts in the thread. The video is in the thread because someone posted a Whitlock tweet with the video.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:59 PM 06-10-2024
See the earlier posts in the thread. The video is in the thread because someone posted a Whitlock tweet with the video.
I really could care less about Whitlock. Don’t like the guy or his opinions. There are lots of people besides Whitlock who’ve shared this video since it was in a public press conference
[Reply]
Page 179 of 195
« First < 79129169175176177178179 180181182183189 > Last »
Up