ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 300
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:01 PM 04-10-2023
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:53 PM 01-20-2024

Self: It’s my fault. We didn’t have them ready to play.

— Jayhawk Talk (@JayhawkTalk) January 20, 2024

That's one way to put it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:06 PM 01-20-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
This was the worst loss by KenPom for this program since TCU in 2013 (265). WVU was ranked 139 heading into it.

Self has a real problem on his hands with this group.
I'm having a hard time mustering much GAF about this group.

Don't seem to have much soul.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:08 PM 01-20-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm having a hard time mustering much GAF about this group.

Don't seem to have much soul.
Hard to care as much about these games if they clearly don't themselves.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:15 PM 01-20-2024
Had the pleasure of watching the last five minutes of this at Nick and Jakes close to the bar. Group of drunk mu fans at the bar cheering for WVU so it was quite the treat when I heard a M-I-Z break out sometime in the last minute of the game. :-)

That's the kinda loss this was, just bad all around.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:35 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Had the pleasure of watching the last five minutes of this at Nick and Jakes close to the bar. Group of drunk mu fans at the bar cheering for WVU so it was quite the treat when I heard a M-I-Z break out sometime in the last minute of the game. :-)

That's the kinda loss this was, just bad all around.

Imagine being part of a fanbase that has to steal valor from West fucking Virginia lol
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:51 AM 01-21-2024
This game looked out of whack for a Self coached team. I cant remember a Self coached team that showed such poor effort in a game. It takes a lot to see a team put out an effort like that.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, Self better get it fixed soon or we have no chance in the tournaments.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:54 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This game looked out of whack for a Self coached team. I cant remember a Self coached team that showed such poor effort in a game. It takes a lot to see a team put out an effort like that.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, Self better get it fixed soon or we have no chance in the tournaments.

This is the case every year. We better figure it out or we're screwed!

Remember how bad the 2008 team was playing before they had a players-only meeting and won it all
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:55 AM 01-21-2024
That 2008 team was probably one of the top 10 all time best collegiate basketball teams. This one? Not so much...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:57 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

Remember how bad the 2008 team was playing before they had a players-only meeting and won it all
Maybe a different year? That team won their first 20 games and had one bad loss all season.
[Reply]
George Liquor 10:02 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Maybe a different year? That team won their first 20 games and had one bad loss all season.
I think it was after that shitty 1 point loss to OSU in stillwater they had a players only meeting.

They lost to Texas and KSU that year too.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:03 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
That 2008 team was probably one of the top 10 all time best collegiate basketball teams. This one? Not so much...

And was facing other teams that were also stacked. This year? Nobody like that exists. It's a different landscape now
[Reply]
BWillie 10:19 AM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I didnt see poor effort. I saw a horrible defender in Furphy playing 35 mpg instead of 10. And Im fine with that because we need him to develop to be the best team by tournament time. I also see guys having to conserve energy because they are playing so many minutes. The only guy that occasionally doesn't give max effort is Hunter on defense and hes always been like that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:02 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I didnt see poor effort. I saw a horrible defender in Furphy playing 35 mpg instead of 10. And Im fine with that because we need him to develop to be the best team by tournament time. I also see guys having to conserve energy because they are playing so many minutes. The only guy that occasionally doesn't give max effort is Hunter on defense and hes always been like that.
Dickinson didn't give max effort (or anything even close to that) in any aspect of his game yesterday. He wasn't even going for rebounds despite easily being the biggest player on the court.

And if they're going to "conserve energy" all season (which is just another way of saying they aren't giving a full effort), they're gonna lose a ton of games in this conference. That's fine if the tournament is all we care about, but that hasn't been the case as long as Self has been here.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:09 PM 01-21-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

Wait, what? The 2008 team was blowing teams out by 30+ points all season until they lost a couple of tough road games by a couple of points to some good teams in February. It's easily one of the best and most dominant teams in college basketball history and there was never a time where they had results anywhere close to this. Given that team's depth, they could have arguably run out two starting lineups better than this team's starting lineup.

This team is so far much more comparable to the Dedric Lawson KU team or some of the Perry Ellis ones. Clearly bottom tier for Self.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 04:09 PM 01-22-2024
Game day boys!
[Reply]
Page 176 of 300
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up