ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 378
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:17 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
They weren't out of timeouts, they used the last one to review to see if someone else may have touched the ball. But I'm sure he didn't want to have another instance of calling timeout when they didn't have one. The rest of it I completely agree with. Besides after draymond threw the ball away that led to the jump ball it should have been a foul not a jump.
Oh.

Well then that was dumb. He should've called a timeout. I believe he had possession for a heartbeat in there and that's all it would've taken. Just a vapor lock on his part, then.

And yeah, I was dumbfounded when they called that a jump. That was a foul all day.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:25 AM 05-09-2023
Looks like I missed a fun 2nd half. Sigh...series is over basically GS had a good run with the Dynasty 3.

They are in big trouble though with this Poole contract unless he can revert to what he was last year if Draymond leaves. Or they can try to trade him but not sure who take him at this point. Fucking 0 pts and only 9 for Klay geez.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Looks like I missed a fun 2nd half. Sigh...series is over basically GS had a good run with the Dynasty 3.

They are in big trouble though with this Poole contract unless he can revert to what he was last year if Draymond leaves. Or they can try to trade him but not sure who take him at this point. Fucking 0 pts and only 9 for Klay geez.
Lakers are in a similarly tough spot with Russell.

It's really a pay now or pay later question. If they let him walk, they'll be worse off for it over the duration of James contract because, unless they can get a sign and trade done (and maybe they can), they won't be able to replace him with a mid-level player that has nearly his ability.

But if they extend him, that cap hit's gonna be a REAL problem when it comes time to replace LeBron after he retires.

I wonder if there's any way they can get him to sign a 2 year deal for massive $$. If he's smart he wouldn't do it. He needs to leverage those bird rights.

This middle class players are tough to figure out. They're not worth what you have to pay for them but they're clearly better than the alternatives available when you're a cap team.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:39 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

I think Lebron and Davis will gift them game 5 like they did game 2. And the Warriors have shown they can keep it close in LA. So it might make it to game 7. But I don't think the Warriors can pull it off.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:46 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm elated.

Either the Lakers advance, becoming the first 7 seed to make a conference finals - or LeBron blows a 3-1 series lead.

Both of these possibilities are just fine by me.

One of those 'ho hum' 4-2 GS wins where James plays really well but ultimately they just aren't good enough would've suuuuuuucked. But so far the Lakers supporting cast has been outstanding and have proven vital to all 3 of these wins. And it hasn't just been Davis - it's been the depth overall. Davis dominated game 1, but games 3 and 4 have been a rotating cast of characters. About the only guy that doesn't seem to have a fit in this series is Vanderbilt (and Hachimura is having similar issues).

But otherwise, they're getting contributions from all over the lineup and from guys that are easy to root for.

It's been fun. And if it all falls to hell - I get to blame Lebron! Afterall - the GOAT would never blow a 3-1 series lead. Surely mere force of will by the greatest to ever play should be enough for them to win 1 game in the next 3...
If they lose 3 games in a row, it would almost certainly be because AD didn't show up in any of them and not because of anything LeBron did. I don't think that's going to happen though. AD has been the best player in the series and I would expect that to continue.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:49 AM 05-09-2023
Lakers are in a similarly tough spot with Russell.

It's really a pay now or pay later question. If they let him walk, they'll be worse off for it over the duration of James contract because, unless they can get a sign and trade done (and maybe they can), they won't be able to replace him with a mid-level player that has nearly his ability.

But if they extend him, that cap hit's gonna be a REAL problem when it comes time to replace LeBron after he retires.

I wonder if there's any way they can get him to sign a 2 year deal for massive $$. If he's smart he wouldn't do it. He needs to leverage those bird rights.

This middle class players are tough to figure out. They're not worth what you have to pay for them but they're clearly better than the alternatives available when you're a cap team.
They're probably going to go after Kyrie Irving and they'd be right to do so based on what I'm seeing out of Russell in these playoffs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 AM 05-09-2023
Oh.

Well then that was dumb. He should've called a timeout. I believe he had possession for a heartbeat in there and that's all it would've taken. Just a vapor lock on his part, then.

And yeah, I was dumbfounded when they called that a jump. That was a foul all day.
2nd time this postseason Curry apparently forgot how many timeouts there were (it's the only reason I can think that he didn't call one there although maybe he just panicked with LeBron about to tie him up).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
They're probably going to go after Kyrie Irving and they'd be right to do so based on what I'm seeing out of Russell in these playoffs.
They could do it in a sign and trade but they can't get Irving as a FA without detonating the rest of the roster.

And I think we've proven quite nicely what a bad idea that is.

Would the Mavericks be interested in an Irving sign and trade? Maybe - kinda depends on what else the Lakers included in the deal. Could be a solid decision for both clubs. Irving was an odd fit in Dallas and too ball dominant to play alongside Luca. Meanwhile I think D-Lo would fit nicely.

The Lakers, OTOH, could USE a guy with a little ball dominance to his game (not Westbrook level) to take some strain off James.

The problem remains, however, that the Irving experience has gone poorly for every team that's tried it for about a decade now. At a point that has to matter.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:56 AM 05-09-2023
Every time I hear Steve Kerr bitch about the refs when that entire dynasty was built upon moving screens and Draymond mugging the shit out of guys in the post, I want to get into a time machine, go back to when he was playing against ASU, and chant, "PLO" while he's at the line.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:59 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Every time I hear Steve Kerr bitch about the refs when that entire dynasty was built upon moving screens and Draymond mugging the shit out of guys in the post, I want to get into a time machine, go back to when he was playing against ASU, and chant, "PLO" while he's at the line.

Warriors Coach Steve Kerr decrying illegal screen calls in fourth quarter of Game 4 loss: "The Lakers are a team that plays with a lot of gamesmanship. They understand how to generate some calls. I thought they took some flops and were rewarded.”

— Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) May 9, 2023

I had a good laugh when these comments came out last night. What a weasel. He made similar remarks as the Raptors were kicking their ass in 2019 as I recall.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:15 AM 05-09-2023

Stephen Curry on shots to take lead when trailing in the final 7 minutes of playoff games (UPDATED):

4-30 FG (13.3%)
1-16 3FG (6.3%)
15.0% eFG pic.twitter.com/UHpDSqW3wk

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) May 9, 2023

This your MVP?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:00 AM 05-09-2023
Let's just call it like it is. LJ, Curry, Draymond, AD, and Kerr are all soft bitches. If you like bitches, then this his is a series for you.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:16 AM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Let's just call it like it is. LJ, Curry, Draymond, AD, and Kerr are all soft bitches. If you like bitches, then this his is a series for you.
You called Curry the “Millennium GOAT” last week. :-)

How embarrassing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:29 AM 05-09-2023
You called Curry the “Millennium GOAT” last week. :-)

How embarrassing.
And Kerr was one of the best shooters on his generation but still a bitch.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:08 PM 05-09-2023
Curry just threw that right out of bounds. This guy late in the clutch is something else. :-)
Nice 3 that Lebron hero ball chucked up.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 378
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up