ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1745 of 4917
« First < 745124516451695173517411742174317441745 174617471748174917551795184522452745 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:49 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
He should close his eyes more often...

He was just trying to give the Last Place Donks a little false hope before he gave them an ass whooping.

Seriously. I can't believe how you petrified Dink fans cling to that interception as hope that Mahomes isn't anything special. Face the facts. It was his first NFL start. It was at a hated division rivals place with nothing but backups against their number one D. He came in a bit stoked and sailed a pass, which got picked. Now tell the rest of the story. How he calmed down, played well, didn't turn it over again, and led a game winning drive with VonDouchebag breathing down his throat. You guys want as badly for him to fail as we want him to succeed. It's going to be fun watching him play for the next 15 years.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:51 PM 05-07-2018
Are those the 2 worst throws you could find in his first start: an overthrow int while being pressured and one in the dirt?

Kid is going to be such a stud
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:58 PM 05-07-2018
at least Mahomes didn't do this in a playoff game.....Keenum got pressured on his own 30 and threw a duck. Donk fans cant probably tell the difference in arm strength....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ookie-Williams

Now picture Keenum behind a line that was 3rd worst in the NFL...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:31 PM 05-07-2018
2-11 Denver Broncos
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:39 PM 05-07-2018
Tickets for this year's game, in Denver, are fucking ludicrous.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:43 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Here you go, more stat fun.

15 of 25 for 271 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs... 60% completion - 10.8 YPA

22 of 35 for 284 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT... 62.9% completion - 8.1 YPA

The first guy lost his first career start @ KC, the second guy won his first career start @ Denver. They'll both play eacher this year in those respective cities.
Mahomes was taken out for 2 possessions...KC was up 24-10. It's a safe assumption that he would have had over 300. He ended with 284.

Keesum only had 3 games with more than 284...one being 288 another 304.

Mahomes would have likely had more passing yards, in his first start, on the road, against a divisional rival...while playing with back-ups than all but one of Keenum's games last season.

Think on that...

Keesum has only had 4, 300+ games in his career...one in 2013, 2015 and two last year. So basically one every 10 games....
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:43 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Denver can win the division with Keenum, especially if we get some production from someone other than DT and Sanders. When you have a collection of young guys like Sutton, C. Henderson, Hamilton, and Butt you'd figure at least one of them will step up and be a reliable option.
No and no. You have ZERO chance of accomplishing either goal.

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I love the way you are so sure Mahomes will dominate. He's played exactly 1 game in the NFL and he didn't even play the whole game, nor did he play against a starting lineup. Sure, be excited about your golden boy, but don't b`e surprised when he throws a bunch of INTs while learning the NFL game...
Mahomes WILL dominate. Especially against that shitty defense of youtd.``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Is there anything this kid can't do? I'm totally stoked to watch him rewrite the way the league views the QB position. This is gonna be great for you guys and the overall viewing fan.
As well you should be; set your DVR accordingly.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:51 PM 05-07-2018
It's obvious KC has a better offense, but the fact our defense is better is a nice surprise.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:21 PM 05-07-2018
If we want to have a legitimate football discussion, we should be comparing Case Keenum against Chad Henne, not Patrick Mahomes II.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:09 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If we want to have a legitimate football discussion, we should be comparing Case Keenum against Chad Henne, not Patrick Mahomes II.
That's actually pretty accurate.

Keesum fell into a perfect "storm" last season. He got to play Green Bay twice without Rodgers...he threw for 139 yards and still won 16-0. He averaged 189 yards and one TD in the two match-ups. Hundley threw 5 INTs in those.

It gets better...he also got to play Chicago w/Trubisky, twice,...one being his first NFL game. Keesum threw for 140/1 TD...Trubisky 128/1. In the second match up...Keesum threw for 189/1TD...Trubisky 178/0.

So in 4 divisional wins...Keesum averaged 176/1 TD. If it wasn't for a miracle pass, he would have bounced in their 1st playoff game.

If Semian would have played 4 games against back-up/rookie AFC QBs in 2016...Donks probably go 11-5 and win the division (Alex Smith hurt). He had them at 8-2.

Keesum isn't that good...I'm glad he fleeced $36 million from Horseface and cost Talib/Anderson/Semian + the picks to replace them. He seems like a decent human...that hay-eating cheater's karma, on the other hand, is just beginning.

When Donk fans say they hope he is as "good" as last year...they obviously havent done any research other than the Vikings W/L total and passer rating. 176/1 will get him a giant goose egg against the AFC West.

*drops mic*
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:11 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Mahomes was taken out for 2 possessions...KC was up 24-10. It's a safe assumption that he would have had over 300. He ended with 284.

Mahomes would have likely had more passing yards, in his first start, on the road, against a divisional rival...while playing with back-ups than all but one of Keenum's games last season.

Think on that...

Keesum has only had 4, 300+ games in his career...one in 2013, 2015 and two last year. So basically one every 10 games....
Maybe... again, I'm just throwing stuff out there. It's the offseason and it's kinda boring. My comment wasn't to jusitfy anything with Keesum or to knock Patrick, it was just "here, look at this". :-)

Keenum may indeed be just a touch better than Trevor, who knows. They couldn't put him out there again and they didn't win the bid on Cousins, so they paid market price for a QB that should be (by all accounts) better than what they had.

Until we know they screwed up not taking a Rosen or moving up for another, I'm not losing sleep over the rookie QBs. Lynch is a reminder that they don't all pan out, so I'll hold off before freaking out there.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:18 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Think on that...

I don't think it's a safe assumption Mahomes would have had over 300 if he would have played the whole game. He had around 225 with 7 minutes left when he was replaced. 14 point lead. Cold as heck. Ball was on the 40. A couple of first downs, and the game is basically over.

Bray playing probably actually added yardage to Mahomes's total.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:03 AM 05-08-2018
Maybe... again, I'm just throwing stuff out there. It's the offseason and it's kinda boring. My comment wasn't to jusitfy anything with Keesum or to knock Patrick, it was just "here, look at this". :-)

Keenum may indeed be just a touch better than Trevor, who knows. They couldn't put him out there again and they didn't win the bid on Cousins, so they paid market price for a QB that should be (by all accounts) better than what they had.

Until we know they screwed up not taking a Rosen or moving up for another, I'm not losing sleep over the rookie QBs. Lynch is a reminder that they don't all pan out, so I'll hold off before freaking out there.

Paxton is your Todd Blackledge.

"Should we draft a QB? Naaah. Remember Paxton Lynch? Don't want THAT to happen again, now, do we?"
[Reply]
Bewbies 06:53 AM 05-08-2018
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Tickets for this year's game, in Denver, are ****ing ludicrous.
And if the game was in December they'd be giving them away for free.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:20 AM 05-08-2018
I'd like to see Denver take a shot at adding Fleener... not sure what he will command on the market, but he has the build and skills to be solid still. Worst case, he would be a great alternative until Jake shows what he can do.
[Reply]
Page 1745 of 4917
« First < 745124516451695173517411742174317441745 174617471748174917551795184522452745 > Last »
Up