ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 488
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
staylor26 06:25 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And hey, I really thought the Raiders were going to take Wyatt with that pick and threbPack have Kenny Clark so they probably won’t (Olave seems likely though).

So this may help us with our search for an impact DL in the 1st round.
Great point.

If this allows Wyatt to fall into our lap, that’s a huge win.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:25 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That's a lot of talent heading into the division. However, I feel the coaching outside of Reid is probably pretty shitty. McDaniel? Hackett? 4th down boy?
Imagine being a Raiders fan and thinking that McDaniels and Carr are going to get you through Mahomes, Herbert and Wilson because you added a 30 yr old receiver and a 32 yr old DE.

Like I said, in a lot of ways this is actually pretty funny.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:26 PM 03-17-2022
My worry as that to this point in his career Veach has not demonstrated that. He HAS just hit bid until he won.

But hey, ain’t gonna say he doesn’t have a breaking ball until he proves it.

Maybe he does. We shall see.
I’m not sure I agree with you. He’s aggressive - yes - but with the exception of the Trent Williams situation, I haven’t gotten the sense this is a guy at some live auction who isn’t putting his paddle down. And arguably as this team has evolved with the Mahomes contract coming into focus he’s been forced to sharpen his sword and be more tactical.

I think we can say that Veach - whatever his flaws - always seems to have some logical process in his plan. Whether it works out in the end or not is another question, but there’s at least some framework behind it.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:27 PM 03-17-2022
Imagine being a Raiders fan and thinking that McDaniels and Carr are going to get you through Mahomes, Herbert and Wilson because you added a 30 yr old receiver and a 32 yr old DE.

Like I said, in a lot of ways this is actually pretty funny.
They ALL have to deal with each other and us.

And they ALL have to deal with the expectations now too.

I know which team is more prepared mentally.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:29 PM 03-17-2022
Veach is going kill this draft, we have 9 picks. No reason to overpay for players who won't give a crap once they sign on the dotted line. Stay patient my friends.

I would very much like to see Ingram return, however. After that I don't care.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:30 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I’m not sure I agree with you. He’s aggressive - yes - but with the exception of the Trent Williams situation, I haven’t gotten the sense this is a guy at some live auction who isn’t putting his paddle down. And arguably as this team has evolved with the Mahomes contract coming into focus he’s been forced to sharpen his sword and be more tactical.

I think we can say that Veach - whatever his flaws - always seems to have some logical process in his plan. Whether it works out in the end or not is another question, but there’s at least some framework behind it.
That’s exactly how Watkins and Mathieu went. Hitchens in all probably as well as Thuney.

He has never been a ‘find the bargains in the middle tier of FA’ guy as much as a stars and scraps guy.

The former is a plenty viable approach when you have the cap space. We won’t for the foreseeable future so it’s the latter or bust going forward.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:32 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Thank Veach…. Tyreek is gonna want more money now

Tyreek is only a year younger than Adams too. Hopefully, Hill doesn’t lose any speed after he turns 30 or the Chiefs will be fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:32 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They ALL have to deal with each other and us.

And they ALL have to deal with the expectations now too.

I know which team is more prepared mentally.
You been real impressed with these guys mental approach the last couple of years?

From skating through the 20 regular season to Hill admitting after the Buffalo game “we thought we was the shit” and they needed to be taken down a peg.

Focus hasn’t exactly been a strength the last little bit.

They need to recapture their ‘19 ferocity in a big way.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:34 PM 03-17-2022
You been real impressed with these guys mental approach the last couple of years?

From skating through the 20 regular season to Hill admitting after the Buffalo game “we thought we was the shit” and they needed to be taken down a peg.

Focus hasn’t exactly been a strength the last little bit.

They need to recapture their ‘19 ferocity in a big way.
It hasn’t been perfect, but I don’t think these teams in the AFCW are anywhere close.

Maybe all the hype for everybody else over the next few months will get that ferocity back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:41 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Tyreek is only a year younger than Adams too. Hopefully, Hill doesn’t lose any speed after he turns 30 or the Chiefs will be fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tag/trade may be a realistic alternative at this point.

I’d hate it, but it takes two to get a deal done. And even if we can get one done, this may well do a lot to punch Jones ticket out of town next year
[Reply]
poolboy 06:45 PM 03-17-2022
Poles is no dummy
[Reply]
RunKC 06:49 PM 03-17-2022
Chiefs have a HOF coach, HOF QB, HOF WR, HOF TE, top 10 OL, top 5 interior rusher, very good young duo of LB’s and a very good young Safety. Pair that with a couple of young decent complimentary DB’s.

And we have the draft and some money to get a couple decent players left.

Why are we scared again?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:51 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chiefs have a HOF coach, HOF QB, HOF WR, HOF TE, top 10 OL, top 5 interior rusher, very good young duo of LB’s and a very good young Safety. Pair that with a couple of young decent complimentary DB’s.

Why are we scared again?
Because people don’t have patience.

I have no doubt that we will feel much better about the offseason going into and after the draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:52 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Why are we scared again?
Few are ‘scared’

But “iron sharpens iron” is bullshit. The Patriots won BECAUSE they had a cakewalk in the division.

Things have gotten exponentially harder and even if you still consider us the favorite, ‘the field’ has become a MUCH better bet than it was a week ago.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:55 PM 03-17-2022
So... JuJu the ONLY quality WR still available? Are we gonna pull the trigger already or come up short?
[Reply]
Page 174 of 488
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up