ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 192
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 11:39 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Going against the norm or trends seems to be lowering ones chances, but I'm a gambler so lets do it.
I wouldn’t be advocating for it if it weren’t a deep group like last year.

Also, what other choice do we have? Other than trading up, it’s the best option based on what should be available.

I’m a BPA guy through and through. I wouldn’t be drafting a pass rusher at the end of the 1st if it were a bad gamble this year.

It just so happens that it works out for us this year considering the huge need at EDGE and another great class there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:03 PM 01-14-2022
I think this draft has a lot of interesting T prospects, guys who could marinate for a year and be a good option at RT. Rasheed Walker. The Smith kid at Tulsa. Eze at TCU. Cornelius Lucas at Wazzou.

It's a good draft to be trying to find DEs and Ts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think this draft has a lot of interesting T prospects, guys who could marinate for a year and be a good option at RT. Rasheed Walker. The Smith kid at Tulsa. Eze at TCU. Cornelius Lucas at Wazzou.

It's a good draft to be trying to find DEs and Ts.
Last year was supposed to be a deep tackle class. Most of the guys we discussed leading up to the draft ended up being pretty disappointing. Most of the pass rushers were a pleasant surprise.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:08 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Last year was supposed to be a deep tackle class. Most of the guys we discussed leading up to the draft ended up being pretty disappointing.
Yeah, I think there are still a decent number of guys who will end up being good.

Walker Little and Spencer Brown already look pretty solid. Pewell looking suited best to perhaps RT is a little disappointing.

Most of the "could play LT but likely is a G" guys have actually transitioned to guard.

Most of those guys were guys that were expected to need some seasoning. The nice thing about trying to find a guy in rounds 3-4 is that you can afford to bet on athletic traits and hope you can smooth out the edges.

That's another reason to lock down Brown. If you're at least "solidly above-average" at LT and excellent at the other 3 spots, you can afford to use an average guy at RT and hope to develop a lower cost player in the mean time.
[Reply]
BuckeyeTheDog 12:14 PM 01-14-2022
Haven’t read the entire thread.

What is the board opinion? How much has Brown improved at LT throughout the season? Where would we rank him as an LT vs the rest of the league? Is he worth the long term deal?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:22 PM 01-14-2022
Yeah, I think there are still a decent number of guys who will end up being good.

Walker Little and Spencer Brown already look pretty solid. Pewell looking suited best to perhaps RT is a little disappointing.

Most of the "could play LT but likely is a G" guys have actually transitioned to guard.

Most of those guys were guys that were expected to need some seasoning. The nice thing about trying to find a guy in rounds 3-4 is that you can afford to bet on athletic traits and hope you can smooth out the edges.

That's another reason to lock down Brown. If you're at least "solidly above-average" at LT and excellent at the other 3 spots, you can afford to use an average guy at RT and hope to develop a lower cost player in the mean time.
I really wish we had traded up for Spencer Brown. He was always going to be good.

Another local one to watch for is Trevor Penning. Dude is going to be incredible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:55 PM 01-14-2022

:-)
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:18 PM 01-14-2022
This year, Patrick Mahomes had *by far* the lowest yards per attempt of any season. Sure, RT is an issue, too, but the game Thuney played at LT (despite the loss) seemed more like the Chiefs offense of years past. I'd rather use the Brown money upgrading the WR corps.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:34 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I really wish we had traded up for Spencer Brown. He was always going to be good.

Another local one to watch for is Trevor Penning. Dude is going to be incredible.
Had we done that, we don't get either Creed and/or Bolton.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:42 PM 01-14-2022
I'm definitely with Staylor on this year's crop being much better at ER than LT.

As a whole, this draft is really solid across the board through the top 4 rounds unless you need a QB or LT. I'm not sure I really love any of the QBs, and don't much care. LT is sparse. A couple top 10 guys I think but after that... meh.

I'd keep an eye on Central Michigan's Bernhard Raimann though in round 2. He's an athletic guy similar to Fisher but, just like Fisher did, he needs to get stronger and bigger.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:34 PM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
This year, Patrick Mahomes had *by far* the lowest yards per attempt of any season. Sure, RT is an issue, too, but the game Thuney played at LT (despite the loss) seemed more like the Chiefs offense of years past. I'd rather use the Brown money upgrading the WR corps.
This is why we can’t have nice things.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:46 PM 01-14-2022

Wanted Slater. Dude would've been a monster here but that's alright. We did just fine with what we got.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:53 AM 01-15-2022
Large portion of lowest yards per attempt is because defenses played to defend the long ball. Chiefs had to make adjustments but Patrick passes and completes 9 to 12 different targets a game he isn't just throwing to Tyreek deep. Yes. WR would be nice to upgrade but finding a LT as good as Brown and another year of line unity to protect Patrick is way more important. We can win the Super Bowl with this receiving corpse but losing the caliber of Brown we fuck ourselves.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:57 AM 01-15-2022
Watch the first two passes in the 2nd half of the Bengals game. Thuney was a turnstile on both, and due to this, Mahomes narrowly missed throwing a pick 6. Thuney is a Great Great guard, but he's far from an average left tackle if he plays there week in and week out...
[Reply]
tmax63 07:55 AM 01-15-2022
LT is like the QB slot. Good ones get paid at the WOW level. Average ones get great pay and even bad ones get paid. Lock up Zeuss Jr now for long term and in a couple of years everyone will be saying what a bargain KC has. Today's top pay for a LT will only be top 5 in a couple of years and might be top 10 at the end of a 5 year contract.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 192
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Up