« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Hall of Classics>I have a date.
luv 07:09 PM 06-22-2007
I guess this will be the ****Official TMI Thread****
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:07 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Chicks dig assholes.

Really, both interest and conversation should be reciprocal so let her lead.

Not really, I found that they like cocky as hell nice guys. Confident, but still pays compliments
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 05:12 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Not really, I found that they like cocky as hell nice guys. Confident, but still pays compliments
read #2596. I'm a nice guy and I like to use the whole cocky/funny routine. I'm very confident and I'm a very nice guy. I just don't let anyone push me around or use me. I'm not a pushover - and that's the main reason for the 'nice guys finish last' deal. Many nice guys get pushed around and taken advantage of.
[Reply]
luv 05:14 PM 08-19-2008
read #2596. I'm a nice guy and I like to use the whole cocky/funny routine. I'm very confident and I'm a very nice guy. I just don't let anyone push me around or use me. I'm not a pushover - and that's the main reason for the 'nice guys finish last' deal. Many nice guys get pushed around and taken advantage of.
Maybe you can explain why nice girls always wind up with assholes.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 05:18 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by luv:
Maybe it's low self-esteem? I'm not going to pretend to understand how all women think - you all are crazy.
[Reply]
Donger 05:20 PM 08-19-2008
Yes and no. It's a fine line. You want to show interest, but not seem desparate. You want to appear to have a life, but don't be too busy to meet her. Etc, etc, etc....

I'm one who falls for charmers. Maybe that's where my problem lies.
Never forget that most, if not all, men are very simple, basic creatures.
[Reply]
Donger 05:22 PM 08-19-2008
Hang on. I'll ask the wife.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:24 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Claythan:
I don't know what you mean. We've chatted four times.

4 times cool, I'd try to get her number so yo can have recognition in who you are, and you can get a better feel for her.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:33 PM 08-19-2008
To elaborate on what DaKCMan said -- and I'm not going to pretend to know how you all think, either -- but from talking to friends who have dated assholes (they get the benefits and I get to listen to their problems :-) ), I think some of it has to do with the fear that they can't do any better. I've had a couple of pretty attractive friends actually ask "do you really think I could do better?" or "do you think I could find someone else?".... so yeah, I think low self esteem has a lot to do with it.

Originally Posted by Donger:
Hang on. I'll ask the wife.
:-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:38 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
To elaborate on what DaKCMan said -- and I'm not going to pretend to know how you all think, either -- but from talking to friends who have dated assholes (they get the benefits and I get to listen to their problems :-) ), I think some of it has to do with the fear that they can't do any better. I've had a couple of pretty attractive friends actually ask "do you really think I could do better?" or "do you think I could find someone else?".... so yeah, I think low self esteem has a lot to do with it.
Just had this discussion with some mature (over-40) men at a cigar smoke Sunday night.

IMO, that's exactly what it is.
[Reply]
luv 05:46 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And when you're not attractive? Self-esteem aside.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:03 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
4 times cool, I'd try to get her number so yo can have recognition in who you are, and you can get a better feel for her.
I think I'll wait until we actually go out, if we even DO, to get her freaking number. I'm not going to drop minutes on the girl if she ain't puttin' out. ESPECIALLY if she can't hold a conversation.

By the way, she already admitted to me she has low self esteem. The last thing I want to do is be a dick to her.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 08-19-2008
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Just had this discussion with some mature (over-40) men at a cigar smoke Sunday night.
Is that what they're calling it these days? It's OK if you're a pervert, sib, we don't judge.

[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 06:06 PM 08-19-2008
I think I'll wait until we actually go out, if we even DO, to get her freaking number. I'm not going to drop minutes on the girl if she ain't puttin' out. ESPECIALLY if she can't hold a conversation.

By the way, she already admitted to me she has low self esteem. The last thing I want to do is be a dick to her.
There's a low probability of her meeting you if she doesn't talk to you first. Trying to get digits and talking on the phone is actually a good idea.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:08 PM 08-19-2008
There's a low probability of her meeting you if she doesn't talk to you first. Trying to get digits and talking on the phone is actually a good idea.
Maybe AFTER we go out, or right before to set things up. I don't think it's a good idea right now because she's having trouble talking to me ONLINE. I don't want to sit there eating dead air on the phone for minutes at a time. That would be excruciating.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 06:10 PM 08-19-2008
Maybe AFTER we go out, or right before to set things up. I don't think it's a good idea right now because she's having trouble talking to me ONLINE. I don't want to sit there eating dead air on the phone for minutes at a time. That would be excruciating.
If you don't feel ready that's one thing, but don't expect her to go out with you without talking on the phone first. Chicks are like that.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 660
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up