ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 197
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
jd1020 06:36 AM 04-06-2023
The Chiefs are his only former team. Is he going to talk about his playing time on the Jets or something? Are people asking him questions about his feelings on the Steelers team meetings?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:38 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Watched the show on You Tube and Tyreek comes off very well talking with Anthony Sherman and Gehrig Dieter.

Twitter is a real shitshow. Better to catch the original content and not believe the horseshit that people put on Twitter.

Most Chiefs fan that watched this interview would be cool with Tyreek.
Meh. I'm fine. Winning the Bowl adds a ton of thickness to one's skin. mine anyway.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:40 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The Chiefs are his only former team. Is he going to talk about his playing time on the Jets or something? Are people asking him questions about his feelings on the Steelers team meetings?
It doesn't fucking matter. I root for the CHIEFS, not players. Players come and go. And some talk shit when they leave. It's my right, as a fan, especially when his stupid shit gets posted CONTINUOUSLY on CP, to comment about it, just like it's his right to be a spoiled child.

See, there are plenty of people here that cannot resist the cult of personality. They get all emotionally wrapped up in individual players and can't handle it when they leave. There's STILL people here that want Kareem Hunt back.

Personally, I think it's all funny, in a pathetic sort of way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:22 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Meh. I'm fine. Winning the Bowl adds a ton of thickness to one's skin. mine anyway.
Yup.

Kelce and Reid have secured their historical standing. The only question left for Mahomes will be if he's one of the 4 greatest of all time or THE greatest of all time but otherwise his legacy is likewise secured.

Winning one meant a ton but in some ways winning the 2nd means just as much. It's locked in this era of Chiefs football as among the 6-8 greatest ever.

Okay. The rest is just chasing the 1 and 2 spots.

And unless/until some contemporary comes along to close or even eliminate that gap, our only competition is history.

I can live with that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:25 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
better than 50% chance that the dolphins cut him before that last season
Even Hill isnt counting the 4th year of that deal (remember, his deal goes through 2026)

That's how you know this was as much/more about pride than money. He could've had that final season be a void year if he wanted but his deal would've been for less. Instead he had them pile a bunch of money in there he knew he would never see to crank up his AAV.

That's pride, not greed.
[Reply]
jettio 07:34 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why would he badmouth a team and say they "disrespected" him and didn't get him enough targets when that team not only stuck by him during all of his legal issues but gave him a new contract during them as well?

My panties aren't in a bunch. I simply do not care anymore to hear what Tyreek has to say. He did the same thing OBJ is doing - trashing the franchise and making a point to mention how much better it is where they are now. They couldn't keep their mouths shut after leaving because like spoiled children, the Chiefs didn't give them exactly what they wanted.
You should watch the entire interview. You have these strong emotions and if you were to watch it, you would realize that it is not like you describe.

He was in KC at 810 studio for the interview and I think the purpose of the trip was planning for his football camps in Olathe and Wichita this year.

Helps his former teammates get more traffic for their show and it was good conversation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:42 AM 04-06-2023
You should watch the entire interview. You have these strong emotions and if you were to watch it, you would realize that it is not like you describe.
I actually don't have strong emotions at all.

I just think Hill is being petty.

I don't have to watch any one video, anyway. He's said these things multiple times, on multiple platforms. He's obviously disappointed in the way things went but he made his decision - it's time for him to shut up and live with it.
[Reply]
jettio 07:47 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I actually don't have strong emotions at all.

I just think Hill is being petty.

I don't have to watch any one video, anyway. He's said these things multiple times, on multiple platforms. He's obviously disappointed in the way things went but he made his decision - it's time for him to shut up and live with it.
Just watch the video and reread what you have said about the guy and reconsider.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:47 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

You got turfed, paid and almost set some records - we hung another banner.

Point - Chiefs
What would be epic is if KC opened their season against Miami so Tyreek could see them celebrate their SB win, possibly by unveiling another SB banner or raising another SB flag.
[Reply]
redfan 07:49 AM 04-06-2023
I'm super glad Tyreek and his words are no longer with my favorite NFL team, the KC Chiefs.
It really was a case of addition by subtraction.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:51 AM 04-06-2023
Tyreek should challenge himself to go a week... or even a day without talking about the Chiefs.

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 04-06-2023
Just watch the video and reread what you have said about the guy and reconsider.
I don't have to watch the video because I'm not talking about the "worst nightmare" comment all by itself. One, the whole premise is laughable. And two, it isn't the only thing he's said.

The dude has trashed the Chiefs repeatedly since leaving. He had the audacity, after leading the team in targets, to say the Chiefs didn't give him enough targets.

He's simply unable to be honest about his intentions. He took the biggest bag of money he could get but instead of just owning it, he's trying to clown the organization that gave him a chance when nobody else would.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:53 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I heard a reporter talking about it 1 day and he was saying fans really seem to not understand what matters to players.

It's basically

Money......huge gap...coaching staff/city small gap winning

And that may change for an older player who wants a ring because he's going to retire soon but in most cases money accounts for about 95% of the decision.
Which is completely normal and justified. Can't blame any player for choosing the biggest contract over team loyalty. But when you make that choice you have to live with it. He chose Miami and the bigger payday, so now move on and try to help them win a SB and stop having KC live in rent free in his head.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:53 AM 04-06-2023
You can really tell he misses it here. He could have easily taken a deal here making around $25 million APY and still went to Miami for half the year in the off-season.

His pride was definitely hurt last year. Can’t blame him. His QB won a SB without him and nobody on that WR room was anywhere near his level.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You can really tell he misses it here. He could have easily taken a deal here making around $25 million APY and still went to Miami for half the year in the off-season.

His pride was definitely hurt last year. Can’t blame him. His QB won a SB without him and nobody on that WR room was anywhere near his level.
FYP
[Reply]
Page 174 of 197
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Up