ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 324
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:46 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJBILL:
***** JULY 1 UPDATE *****

The details of the contract are skimpy at this point. My guy believes it’s an incentive laden contract for decent money (with a low cap number this year) and a significant signing bonus.
This makes no sense? Why would you give a “significant signing bonus” for a two year deal? The whole point of a signing bonus is to spread the cap hit out as much as humanly possible.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:47 AM 07-02-2023
***** JULY 1 UPDATE *****

I had dinner with my Chiefs insider Friday night. We got to talk a lot of football. Here’s what I learned.

As I reported on here in late May (and confirmed by Albert Breer on June 1st) DeHop WAS in Kansas City and the Chiefs made him a formal offer.

On day one of that visit DeHop had no agent as he was representing himself. The Chiefs were hoping to strike quickly and get a deal done with the player representing himself. The monkey wrench in that plan was that DeHop had been negotiating with an agent before that visit and suddenly signed with him to represent him in all future contract negotiations.

The new agent (wanting to make a splash for his client) turned down the Chiefs offer … countered with one of his own … which the Chiefs declined at that time (but left the door open) … and the DeHop Tour began, First to Tennessee … then to New England with no results. Cleveland is still very much in the game … but they only have around 7 million in cap space with several players in double digits already. They are also more than one player away from truly competing.

DeHop REALLY WANTS to play for a winner and win a ring in spite of what’s been reported. To that end … that leaves Buffalo and Kansas City as pretty much his only options. The Bill’s only have about 4 million in cap space and no real way to free up more. That leaves Kansas City.

According to my guy … Kansas City not only left the door open but has been negotiating with the player and his new agent ever since. I’m told that a 2-year contract has been agreed to (in principle) with DeHop … and they’re just waiting to get the Chris Jones deal done to announce anything. The details of the contract are skimpy at this point. My guy believes it’s an incentive laden contract for decent money (with a low cap number this year) and a significant signing bonus.

He said the Chiefs aren’t afraid to SPEND the money … they just have to generate it under league cap rules. He also said there is a second player in contract renegotiation status … but wouldn’t tell me WHO. I asked if it was Pat and he smiled at me and said “we’ll see.”

I further learned that the thinking at One Arrowhead Drive was as follows.

A. The Chiefs believe they have a two-year window to possibly dominate the league.

B. They are looking at guys like Kelce, Thuney, and even Chris Jones at 28 years old as still being dominate players for the next two years. They give DeHop that same 2-year window as the others.

C. This gives them a chance at a possible 3-peat for world championships before they lose those players to possible retirement... injury... or lack of production.

D. They also know that Cincinnati … Buffalo … The Chargers … The new Jets … and maybe even Denver with a coaching change (Think Andy Reid in KC in 2012) could give them some challenges. And don’t rule out Jacksonville with a great coach and a young and upcoming QB. The Chiefs are not taking anything for granted at this point ... They want to keep winning. And by a wider margin!

Don’t get me wrong here. The Chiefs are good just like they are … REAL GOOD … and could beat any of these teams on any given day with what they have … but they have identified THREE needs this year to add a veteran presence. Those needs are Wide Receiver … Defensive End … and Defensive Tackle. Andy would like a rotational veteran at each position added BEFORE training camp starts. The Chiefs would like to end the nail biter games and win a few easily.

My guy said there has been interest in resigning Carlos Dunlap or Melvin Ingram as well … along with possibly getting a Sneed deal done before camp. There was also some talk about a Kareem Hunt reunion … but his info on that was limited. It’s also been five years since Kareem shined for the Chiefs … what does he have left? Andy has been known to give players a second chance (see Mike Vick) … but will CH sign off on it?

My guy restated this … The Chiefs are fine with what they got right now. If the season started tomorrow they would line up and play and Andy would “out-sceme” the opposition and Pat would continue to be the best of the best. And we’re going to win many games. But if they could solidify those positions with a proven veteran … the odds get much better.

The young receivers on the Chiefs are GOOD … but unproven over time. I’m told that Skyy Moore is looking “all-world” in the OTA’s … but we’ve all seen that before in players who disappear once the season starts.

DeAndre Hopkins is a PROVEN veteran who can take over a game and rarely drops the ball. The Chiefs like that idea.

According to my insider … Barring interference from a higher Cleveland offer … DeHop will be signing with the Kansas City Chiefs before training camp starts in three weeks.

The Chiefs are ALL IN!

I think we all are too!

The hater’s may now FLAME AWAY!
Interesting info, whether or not it all comes true. It seems plausible, but it’s hard to imagine they’d be able to spring the money to sign Hopkins, a solid DE AND a solid DT.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07-02-2023, 12:51 AM
This message has been deleted by RaidersOftheCellar. Reason: Double
carcosa 01:48 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yes - Carcosa and I took him out to LJS for Fish n Chicken planks and bottomless Baja Blasts!!
It was a combo LJS/Taco Bell and Mr. Hopkins was very impressed by how quickly SR and I gobbled our hushpuppies and chugged our blasts! He said "I'm 100% definitely gonna sign with KC Chiefs for sure, as long as that thread gets enough posts!"
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:17 AM 07-02-2023
He sure did ... the link is is one of my earlier posts.
Why don’t you share that link with us because no one else remembers it?

Mentioning he has had conversations with KC is just a bit different than saying he was in the building, had a physical, agreed to a contract, slept on Justin Reid’s couch, but then signed an agent who advised him against the deal, no?

I believe in the Tooth Fairy more than I believe in DJBill’s fan fiction.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:11 AM 07-02-2023
I went and listened to a video Breer posted on 6/1 about DHop and he confirms we made an offer but didn’t say anything about DHop physically being in KC, which is vastly different.

Not calling BS - just wondering if the being in KC part had legs. He was posting IG live vids from Houston that day, which is why I am curious.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:14 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I went and listened to a video Breer posted on 6/1 about DHop and he confirms we made an offer but didn’t say anything about DHop physically being in KC, which is vastly different.

Not calling BS - just wondering if the being in KC part had legs. He was posting IG live vids from Houston that day, which is why I am curious.
He took the new Bullet Train to arrive into KC Metro (Worlds of Fun) - Trust me!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:57 AM 07-02-2023
So is this guy a serial liar?
[Reply]
493rd 07:19 AM 07-02-2023
Billshit’s back with a tasty morsel of billshit!!!!!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:51 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Billshit’s back with a tasty morsel of billshit!!!!!
I read it on the internet so it must be true!
[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:30 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Why don’t you share that link with us because no one else remembers it?

Mentioning he has had conversations with KC is just a bit different than saying he was in the building, had a physical, agreed to a contract, slept on Justin Reid’s couch, but then signed an agent who advised him against the deal, no?

I believe in the Tooth Fairy more than I believe in DJBill’s fan fiction.
I mean I don't buy it at all, but I gotta respect the craftsmanship. That's a lotta detail to make up just for a bunch of dummies on the internet.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:47 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So is this guy a serial liar?
Yes, look at his posting history. The guy writes bullshit fanfiction and I'm pretty sure he's one of Clays boyfriends. Probably Nick Athan or a relative of Nick Athan.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:14 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I mean I don't buy it at all, but I gotta respect the craftsmanship. That's a lotta detail to make up just for a bunch of dummies on the internet.
Absolutely. The guy has a top notch mental illness to spend all of this time crafting these elaborate stories and takes great care in weaving in public information to make it appear more credible.
[Reply]
TEX 09:54 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Absolutely. The guy has a top notch mental illness to spend all of this time crafting these elaborate stories and takes great care in weaving in public information to make it appear more credible.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:56 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yes, look at his posting history. The guy writes bullshit fanfiction and I'm pretty sure he's one of Clays boyfriends. Probably Nick Athan or a relative of Nick Athan.
Who knows, but he doesn’t come across as someone who is intentionally misleading fans. I think people tend to dismiss “insiders” if one detail seems implausible or doesn’t come to pass. That doesn’t mean that he was lying about what he was told. Isn’t he the guy who said that Hill would be traded weeks before it happened?
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 AM 07-02-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day.

Originally Posted by :
However, instead of paying Bonilla the $5.9 million at the time, the Mets agreed to make annual payments of nearly $1.2 million for 25 years starting July 1, 2011, including a negotiated 8% interest.
Originally Posted by :
• Bobby Bonilla (again): A second deferred-contract plan with the Mets and Orioles pays him $500,000 a year for 25 years. Those payments began in 2004.
Whoever decided to not pay the 5.9 is a massive idiot.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 172 of 324
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Up