ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 172 of 258
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:49 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah - I don't think that's the case as all.

He's a much more capable 3rd down player than Singletary, IMO.

BB was so wedded to the idea of a dedicated 3rd down back that he didn't utilize Harris on 3rds very often but he was absolutely capable of it. I think he's a clear step up from Singletary in term of vision and versatility.
I just have no idea what you're basing this on. Harris hasn't shown to be a legit 3rd down back going all the way back to college.

Beane literally said they were looking for a bigger 2 down back to compliment Cook and Hines then they signed him, so that likely ain't changing either.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:55 PM 03-20-2023
Not to mention Singletary has almost 1,000 yards receiving on his career. Harris has lesss than 300.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:58 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just have no idea what you're basing this on. Harris hasn't shown to be a legit 3rd down back going all the way back to college.

Beane literally said they were looking for a bigger 2 down back to compliment Cook and Hines then they signed him, so that likely ain't changing either.
Had him as a keeper for a couple years so I watched him play more than most other RBs.

I feel like he's been underutilized in a pretty big way.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:00 PM 03-20-2023
Rhamondre looked way more effective than Harris last season. Not sure if Harris had a lingering injury or what, but he didn't have the same juice he had in 2021. Not much of a receiving threat either.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:01 PM 03-20-2023
Had him as a keeper for a couple years so I watched him play more than most other RBs.

Yeah your little gay ass sandbox team has him but he couldn't carry Tannehills fumble prone ass so you had to get CMC
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:04 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not to mention Singletary has almost 1,000 yards receiving on his career. Harris has lesss than 300.
Harris - 1.1 yards per route run for his career.

Singletary - .72 yards per route run.

Singletary was just used differently. Harris is a more versatile back coming from a less versatile system. I think he'd take a pretty significant step forward if healthy in Buffalo. He'll take then job from Cook if given an opportunity.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 PM 03-20-2023
Harris - 1.1 yards per route run for his career.

Singletary - .72 yards per route run.

Singletary was just used differently. Harris is a more versatile back coming from a less versatile system. I think he'd take a pretty significant step forward if healthy in Buffalo. He'll take then job from Cook if given an opportunity.
The difference in volume is huge though, so I don't think it's a fair comparison. Harris flat out has never been used in the passing game. Not even in college.

That's not going to change in Buffalo with Cook and Hines there either.

Also, I don't buy the BB excuse because Rhamondre is a fantastic 3rd down back and he used him on all 3 downs.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:14 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I don't think it's collusion at all. Look at how players were paid LAST season; they're pretty clearly paying for that ridiculousness THIS season. The Chiefs, who didn't crazy spend last season OR this season have very little cap room. From where is all of this additional "collusion-prevented" money supposed to come?
Yeah I am just not seeing collusion. Who’s not getting paid that should be? QBs? Jones just got a monster contract that everyone in America outside of him, his agent, and the Giants GM thinks is an awful contract. Jackson? If rumors are true that he wants a full guaranteed contract that’s larger than Watson, then it’s not collusion to refuse that. Watson is not worth that and he’s still an overall better QB than Jackson. Just because Cleveland was stupid with that contract does not mean everyone else should follow suit. The only PLAYER in the NFL worthy of a completely guaranteed contract is Mahomes and I would be leery of even doing that. It was stupid when Cousins got one and stupid when Watson got it.

There is no WR this year that is the caliber of a Hill or Adams outside of maybe Hopkins who is already on the other side of 30. OBJ can’t stay healthy.

Olinemen? Brown Jr got a tough lesson in knowing his true worth. He didn’t reset the market because he’s not market setting good. Tunsil is and reset the LT market. KC gave a large contract to a RT who is expected to shift to LT. The Broncos paid a fortune for a guy that SF couldn’t get rid of fast enough.

Players are still getting paid. There is no conspiracy by owners to keep salaries down. It’s just those who aren’t worth it asking for more than their value and teams aren’t lining up to overpay them.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:16 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
TE draft class is supposedly excellent.
Kelce heir come on down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:18 PM 03-20-2023
Regarding college - when did Saban ever use his RBs in the pass game with any frequency? Gibbs is the first guy who really got a lot of run in the passing game.

And Stevenson is just a better player than Harris - nothing wrong with that. But he was parked behind Bolden on 3rd downs 2 yrs ago and that's because BB prefers a true split.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:23 PM 03-20-2023
Regarding college - when did Saban ever use his RBs in the pass game with any frequency? Gibbs is the first guy who really got a lot of run in the passing game.

And Stevenson is just a better player than Harris - nothing wrong with that. But he was parked behind Bolden on 3rd downs 2 yrs ago and that's because BB prefers a true split.

Najee was used quite a bit in the passing game as well.

I just don't see Damien Harris turning into a legit receiving back his 5th year in the league after not doing it for the last 8 years.

Again, Beane specifically said that they're looking for a 2 down big back to compliment their smaller 3rd down backs in Cook and Hines, then signed Harris. I don't think they see him as a 3 down back like his last 2 stops didn't.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:26 PM 03-20-2023
Also, Harris has had enough trouble staying healthy as it is. If that's the role they have in mind for him, they aren't going to increase his workload on top of being the early down guy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:27 PM 03-20-2023
Lulz white knight ing JAGS on fantasy teams...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:30 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Lulz white knight ing JAGS on fantasy teams...
Imagine using lulz still…
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:42 PM 03-20-2023

Agreed. I think he’s a sleeper.
[Reply]
Page 172 of 258
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222 > Last »
Up