ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1715 of 3903
« First < 715121516151665170517111712171317141715 171617171718171917251765181522152715 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:13 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Costco is moving to mandatory facemasks as of 5/4. It'll be interesting to see if that becomes a widespread policy.

https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html
Wearing a facemask has been mandatory here at all essential businesses for about three weeks now... it is actually a pain in the ass.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:13 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Eh, yeah actually it is gone forever after the money runs from the last round of funds approved last week. Mnuchin said there won't be any more rounds of PPP/EIDL.
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
They just opened up for new applications again on Monday, didn't they?
Sure they did, but there's nowhere near the amount of money available for those applications.
Pete,

The loans were opened back up on Monday. People applied for those loans. That money is going to be disbursed within two weeks. After that the money is gone, but it doesn't mean that aid was not disbursed. Why is that so hard to understand?

Is aid that was disbursed on the first round not aid? Is aid that is going to be disbursed in a few weeks not aid?

I'm done. Have your last word....
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:17 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Wearing a facemask has been mandatory here at all essential businesses for about three weeks now... it is actually a pain in the ass.
My co-worker's GF is out of a job right now but she's been making masks at home for her relatives and friends. I know the owner of a local liquor store and showed him this mask i was wearing that i bought off her. He's ordered 70 masks or so off her (through me) and he's been able to sell them rather quickly.

It's turned into a nice side gig for her while she's out of a job.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:18 PM 04-29-2020
My Wife has heard from several today that they indeed are pushing for a 3rd round of lending. If the don't get it not only will you have a shitload of small businesses fail you're going to have a shitload of small banks in trouble because they are going to eat those loans.

Dominos, mother fucker!!!
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:21 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Hamas, listen to me for the 3rd time.....that money was gone as soon as it was offered and as Discuss already tried to tell you there wasn't near enough money to begin with. It's obvious you have no fucking idea of what you're talking about here.

And while Mnuchin is saying no more my Wife just informed me the banks are starting to press already for round 3 because their customers are not going to make it.
pete,

You never listen. Just listen. This is why you end up getting in arguments with six people at once.

1) the PPP requirements cover 8 weeks of payroll for approved businesses plus another 25% That's not one month, like you claim.

2) Do you deny that money has been disbursed from the PPP? If it has been disbursed to businesses, then aid has been provided. Do you deny that money has been given to businesses? If the money is gone it had to go somewhere, didn't it?

3) Do you deny that businesses have been offered forbearance for other types of SBA loans?

If you order 12 widgets and get 8, you may not have gotten enough, but it doesn't mean you didn't get anything, either. You keep saying that aid wasn't provided. It was. It wasn't enough for everyone, but it was provided.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:22 PM 04-29-2020
After the second round of stimulus, yes. But you're acting like no small business had any access to funds or a six month forbearance for other types of small business loans.

So let's break our options down:

Option A): Everything stays closed indefinitely
Option B): Everything opens up without restriction
Option C): Things open up gradually and businesses are offered protection/forgiveness for a portion of their costs

You're acting like Option C isn't there, pete. It is. There have been issues with disbursement, but it's not like every single small business was told to get fucked, either.
Small businesses basically have the choice of burdening themselves with debt they have no certainty they can pay back or shutting down.

PPP is the path of least resistance in trying to save 50+ unemployment systems from claimants overloading their systems and coffers; it's not an effort to 'save' small businesses themselves.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:23 PM 04-29-2020
pete,

You never listen. Just listen. This is why you end up getting in arguments with six people at once.

1) the PPP requirements cover 8 weeks of payroll for approved businesses plus another 25% That's not one month, like you claim.

2) Do you deny that money has been disbursed from the PPP? If it has been disbursed to businesses, then aid has been provided. Do you deny that money has been given to businesses? If the money is gone it had to go somewhere, didn't it?

3) Do you deny that businesses have been offered forbearance for other types of SBA loans?

If you order 12 widgets and get 8, you may not have gotten enough, but it doesn't mean you didn't get anything, either. You keep saying that aid wasn't provided. It was. It wasn't enough for everyone, but it was provided.

Yo haven't read a fucking word Discuss nor I have told you. Whatever, bro.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:25 PM 04-29-2020
Small businesses basically have the choice of burdening themselves with debt they have no certainty they can pay back or shutting down.

PPP is the path of least resistance in trying to save 50+ unemployment systems from claimants and not an effort to 'save' small businesses themselves.
What he said.....
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:31 PM 04-29-2020

PPP is the path of least resistance in trying to save 50+ unemployment systems from claimants overloading their systems and coffers; it's not an effort to 'save' small businesses themselves.
Are the loans not forgivable if requirements are met?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:33 PM 04-29-2020
Loans are only forgivable of the money is used for payrolls. And again, there wasn't enough money to go around the 1st time let alone the 2nd. There were businesses that didn't get money the first time around that were still in the pipeline when the 2nd traunch came around. And there wasn't enough money then either.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:39 PM 04-29-2020
PPP under conditions if those conditions are deemed to have been met by either the lender or the SBA. But if <75% of PPP funds go to payroll then it's probably not forgivable.

EIDL you get $10,000 advance out of a $25,000 uncollateralized loan that wouldn't need to be repaid. Beyond $25,000 requires collateral.
[Reply]
eDave 01:41 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Actually my bet is its eDave.
LOL. I'm more of a Barry Manilow kind of guy.

Whoever mentioned a boom in food trucks is correct.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:41 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Loans are only forgivable of the money is used for payrolls. And again, there wasn't enough money to go around the 1st time let alone the 2nd. There were businesses that didn't get money the first time around that were still in the pipeline when the 2nd traunch came around. And there wasn't enough money then either.
That's not true. 25 percent of the loan can be used for non-payroll. If you're going to be this much of a dick about this you should at least know the basic terms of the program.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 04-29-2020
That's not true. 25 percent of the loan can be used for non-payroll. If you're going to be this much of a dick about this you should at least know the basic terms of the program.
:-) excuse most of the money. And you didn't even know this until someone just told you, :-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
petegz28 01:49 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
LOL. I'm more of a Barry Manilow kind of guy.

Whoever mentioned a boom in food trucks is correct.
What's wrong with Barey Manilow?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 1715 of 3903
« First < 715121516151665170517111712171317141715 171617171718171917251765181522152715 > Last »
Up