ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1712 of 3903
« First < 712121216121662170217081709171017111712 171317141715171617221762181222122712 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:13 PM 04-29-2020
I doubt the places ordering takeout are breaking even. 10/10/10 basically means an indefinite extension of carry-out business.

Gonna be a lot more non-chain shops shutting down for good.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:14 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Because I think you are one of many that are being paid to sit on your ass and don't want things lifted because you'll actually have to work again. Just a hunch. I could be wrong but you won't answer the question.
:-).

You're dumb.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:15 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I shouldn't have to spell out the subtext for you.
Yes, you should. Are the businesses we are going to intentionally handicap going to be given aid to deal with said handicap?

In other words, Hamas, it's real easy to tell a business to operated at half or less than half capacity an deal with it when it doesn't impact you. But go with your snarky, BS comments because you know I have a point and you just don't like nor have a good answer for it.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 12:15 PM 04-29-2020
https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...154224641?s=21

This video nails the point that although the gains are modest, they are something to build on and show with statistical significance for the 1st time that the virus can be treated with pharmaceuticals. Pretty cool that they can now work on combining this with anti-inflammatory meds and what not and start to see the winning combo to stop/slow the Covid-19 deaths. Somebody said it in here that there won’t be a magic bullet that ends this pandemic but instead a combo of therapeutics and vaccine options. One step forward.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:16 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

You're dumb.
But I'll never be quite as dumb as you.......so I got that going for me :-)
[Reply]
loochy 12:16 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

You're dumb.

Is he? I'm pretty sure he's close to a version of the truth on that one. I'm also pretty sure I've seen Billay state he works from home. If you're able to work from home the absolutely you aren't feeling the same kind of crunch as people that are out of a job. I think maybe Pete just needs to choose his words better instead of coming out in such an accusatory fashion.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:17 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:

This video nails the point that although the gains are modest, they are something to build on and show with statistical significance for the 1st time that the virus can be treated with pharmaceuticals. Pretty cool that they can now work on combining this with anti-inflammatory meds and what not and start to see the winning combo to stop/slow the Covid-19 deaths. Somebody said it in here that there won’t be a magic bullet that ends this pandemic but instead a combo of therapeutics and vaccine options. One step forward.
Don't you listen to the media talking experts??? They call it a "cocktail"......
[Reply]
petegz28 12:18 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Is he? I'm pretty sure he's close to the truth on that one. I'm also pretty sure I've seen Billay state he works from home. If you're able to work from home the absolutely you aren't feeling the same kind of crunch as people that are out of a job. I think maybe Pete just needs to choose his words better instead of coming out in such an accusatory fashion.
Well I have asked him twice if he was working from home or being paid to stay at home and he won't answer the question.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:19 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Is he? I'm pretty sure he's close to the truth on that one. I'm also pretty sure I've seen Billay state he works from home. If you're able to work from home the absolutely you aren't feeling the same kind of crunch as people that are out of a job. I think maybe Pete just needs to choose his words better instead of coming out in such an accusatory fashion.
Yes he is.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:19 PM 04-29-2020
Yes, you should. Are the businesses we are going to intentionally handicap going to be given aid to deal with said handicap?

In other words, Hamas, it's real easy to tell a business to operated at half or less than half capacity an deal with it when it doesn't impact you. But go with your snarky, BS comments because you know I have a point and you just don't like nor have a good answer for it.
Okay, I guess you can't understand the subtext.

Let them operate at full capacity without restrictions and see what happens. You'll end up with another lockdown, just like happened in Japan. Then you're worse off than if you never lifted it in the first place.

Stop taking the therapy after a few days and watch the infection bounce back worse than it was before.

It's no different.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:21 PM 04-29-2020

Let them operate at full capacity without restrictions and see what happens. You'll end up with another lockdown, just like happened in Japan. Then you're worse off than if you never lifted it in the first place.

Stop taking the therapy after a few days and watch the infection bounce back worse than it was before.

It's no different.
Dr.Archer referenced this today in his press conference and used Toronro 2003 SARS outbreak as the example. The 2nd wave was responsible for almost 2/3rds of the deaths IIRC
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:22 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:

Yep. Thank you for sharing and we need more positive news
[Reply]
petegz28 12:22 PM 04-29-2020

It's no different.
Okay I guess you didn't actually read what I said. It isn't an either or no matter how much you want to plant that straw man. why is it not possible to have them operate at lesser capacity and give them aid at the same time?

It's not an all or nothing deal, Hamas. And someone as smart as you should get that rather easily.
[Reply]
Fish 12:23 PM 04-29-2020
Because I think you are one of many that are being paid to sit on your ass and don't want things lifted because you'll actually have to work again. Just a hunch. I could be wrong but you won't answer the question.
Classy.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:23 PM 04-29-2020
Okay I guess you didn't actually read what I said. It isn't an either or no matter how much you want to plant that straw man. why is it not possible to have them operate at lesser capacity and give them aid at the same time?

It's not an all or nothing deal, Hamas. And someone as smart as you should get that rather easily.
If it's not an all-or-nothing proposition, why are you bitching about restaurants having limited capacity, which is the definition of a middle ground?
[Reply]
Page 1712 of 3903
« First < 712121216121662170217081709171017111712 171317141715171617221762181222122712 > Last »
Up