ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 333
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Pablo 12:45 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd be quite content to let them wallow in the squalor they've created were it not for the fact I'm constantly bombarded by bickering about a new stadium and where it's going to be.
Is it hard to raise a buck when your team sucks dick in their sleep or somethin?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:47 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
If there was anything to actually burn down. I believe they are already at the "burned down" and are in the "starting over" part. The problem is that it's a long road when literally no one has the patience to watch without complaining.
Well there are a huge bunch of people out there that have been in that front office for over a decade that seem to have no fear of being replaced.

They should 100% listen to offers for anyone and everyone...if someone wants to talk about Bobby Witt you should listen.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:49 PM 06-15-2023
Speaking of a player development situation:

Per Spotrac AND Baseball reference, these seven players, who were all on the #Royals roster last year, COMBINE to earn roughly $5.75M in 2023.

Kansas City is paying Jordan Lyles $8.5M in 2023.

Sometimes it’s the player…sometimes it’s the player’s situation. https://t.co/l0NHq3JUr5

— Jack Johnson (@JohnyJ_15) June 15, 2023

[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:22 PM 06-15-2023
The theme this year should be “fuck you build me a stadium”.

Another last place finish, fuck you build me a stadium.

On track for over 100 losses, fuck you build me a stadium.

Going to finish with the worst record in baseball FUCK YOU BUILD ME A STADIUM!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:40 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Inflation still high and property owners are getting 246% increases. Awful time to ask the taxpayers for MORE money
You can always buy a trailer in the country. Cheap as fuck. People don't understand what a want and need is. They will make 50k a year and they want to live in a downtown high rise, have a $2,000 phone, eat out every meal and drive a brand new vehicle. If you are poor, make choices accordingly. Nobody owes anyone anything.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:36 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You can always buy a trailer in the country. Cheap as ****. People don't understand what a want and need is. They will make 50k a year and they want to live in a downtown high rise, have a $2,000 phone, eat out every meal and drive a brand new vehicle. If you are poor, make choices accordingly. Nobody owes anyone anything.
You're an idiot. You obviously have never looked to buy land before if you think it's "cheap as shit." You may find cheap land, but it's not gonna be cheap by the time you clear it out to have space to put your trailer and to have utilities ran to it. You also have never lived in a rural area if you think it's cheaper, especially now. In the city you have all kinds of options, but where I live the nearest grocery store is 15 miles away and that place is much more expensive than Walmart or a large grocery store chain. Housing used to be fairly cheap, but now houses that used to go for $40k are selling for over $100k.

If you have a large service provider for your cell service you can pretty much get your phone for free and only have to pay your monthly payment for cell service. You can't find a decent low mileage family vehicle for less than $10k. You seem to have this boomer type of thinking that people can't afford anything because they have Netflix and all of these different things you don't need, but that's not even remotely close to the reason why people can't afford things.

You're ignorant as shit and pretty much a literal tard.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:42 PM 06-15-2023
BWillie with the you deserve to be trailer trash if you don't want to fund a stadium argument...bold tact.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:44 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
BWillie with the you deserve to be trailer trash if you don't want to fund a stadium argument...bold tact.
He's the kind of person that deserves to live a life of hell. Just a complete and totally awful person.

Shitty person + being as dumb as a brick = BWillie.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:46 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're an idiot. You obviously have never looked to buy land before if you think it's "cheap as shit." You may find cheap land, but it's not gonna be cheap by the time you clear it out to have space to put your trailer and to have utilities ran to it. You also have never lived in a rural area if you think it's cheaper, especially now. In the city you have all kinds of options, but where I live the nearest grocery store is 15 miles away and that place is much more expensive than Walmart or a large grocery store chain. Housing used to be fairly cheap, but now houses that used to go for $40k are selling for over $100k.

You're ignorant as shit and pretty much a literal tard.
Poor people don't buy houses or many times even trailers silly. They rent them so any start up cost for the property does not exist.

Regardless it's comical you seem to think rural housing is not the cheaper of the options.

Avg home price per square foot in rural housing was $102. Suburbs $138. Urban $231.

I have indeed lived in a rural area when growing up. Mills County Iowa. Broke ass mother fuckers everywhere. Looooots of meth. Bad jobs and very little education beyond high school.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:46 PM 06-15-2023
He's the kind of person that deserves to live a life of hell. Just a complete and totally awful person.

Well he is a landlord...
[Reply]
BWillie 03:48 PM 06-15-2023
I don't think it's wrong to not want to fund a stadium. I sure wouldn't if it was my tax money unless it was the Chiefs. I just don't understand why people are offended that someone would try to use all the leverage they have to advance the value of their organization. As an owner, you SHOULD do that. I also think it's hilarious the mayor is basically dunking on Sherman. It's a give and take type of thing. Negotiation.

Well he is a landlord...
Not really anymore. That shit is too much work. I remember when one of my tenants blamed me for them getting bed bugs. Oh man fucking idiots. I'm an investor now. Don't want to be in that game.

I have never harmed a human being. Also, one time I put like a dollar in one of the jars for some poor person. It was at a gas station. Oh, and I adopted some kid in a 3rd world country when I was in college. He was my penpal. They sent me his picture and everything.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:51 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think it's wrong to not want to fund a stadium. I sure wouldn't if it was my tax money unless it was the Chiefs. I just don't understand why people are offended that someone would try to use all the leverage they have to advance the value of their organization. As an owner, you SHOULD do that.

In reality it's nothing but a fucking grift that billion owners with their franchises valued in the high hundreds of millions of even billions think tax payers should foot the bill to increase their profits..it's a grift that worked forever. Just in recent times people are coming around to the bullshit that it is so team owners are all upset and want to move teams.

Seriously public funds for private profit is a grift.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:35 PM 06-15-2023
I have a feeling our situation could play out like Oakland part two
sure you can repackage it but in the end its still about product
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:07 PM 06-15-2023
Will they even have leverage to threaten to relocate? As of now I e seen 5 possible expansion sites bandied about. Memphis, Charlotte, Portland, Salt Lake City, and Montreal. You can cross at least 2 of those markets off the list anyway and none of them would increase the value of the Royals day one like the As moving from Oakland to Vegas.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:13 PM 06-15-2023
Yeah, Vegas aint having it either, so far
[Reply]
Page 171 of 333
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Up