« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If 2nd rounders were day one difference makers, they'd be first rounders
I didn't say difference maker. Contributor and difference maker are two separate things.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I agree

I think everyone who has an issue with him doesn't even disagree here. Some said this from the beginning and were chastised because "he'll have immediate impact etc".

IMO, the biggest issue is taking 2nd rounders like this and then them not getting PT. You only have them for 4 years, so you're losing a cheap year there. Look at Bolton and Creed etc.

Obviously they were more pro ready, which happens. I'm just not a big fan of taking guys that early that aren't really pro ready.
Indeed.

I've spent more time trying to explain that I'm not a 'hater' of Skyy Moore than I have diminishing Skyy Moore.

It was the 'he's the best WR in the draft, how did we ever get him at 54?!?' people that have continued to drive this conversation. Many of them have now become the "my god, he was so great on that 6 yard catch! Why doesn't he get 60 snaps/game???" people.

The answers to these questions are readily apparent for anyone willing to objectively view the kid. Meck laid them out fairly well. He's just not a guy with the tools to be a gadget player or the polish to be a reliable enough timing offense guy. So with the tools unlikely to significantly improve, you just have to bank on and wait for the polish to come around.

Because again - this was a small college player who was beating on grocery baggers. That means far more than many ever wanted to admit. And when you look at his college route tree, you suddenly realize why the guy just isn't ready to play a major role in this offense. And that's why I wouldn't have taken him where we did.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 12-28-2022
Well, the lawyer put in a long winded response of what I was trying to say, so there we go.
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Indeed.

I've spent more time trying to explain that I'm not a 'hater' of Skyy Moore than I have diminishing Skyy Moore.

It was the 'he's the best WR in the draft, how did we ever get him at 54?!?' people that have continued to drive this conversation. Many of them have now become the "my god, he was so great on that 6 yard catch! Why doesn't he get 60 snaps/game???" people.

The answers to these questions are readily apparent for anyone willing to objectively view the kid. Meck laid them out fairly well. He's just not a guy with the tools to be a gadget player or the polish to be a reliable enough timing offense guy. So with the tools unlikely to significantly improve, you just have to bank on and wait for the polish to come around.

Because again - this was a small college player who was beating on grocery baggers. That means far more than many ever wanted to admit. And when you look at his college route tree, you suddenly realize why the guy just isn't ready to play a major role in this offense. And that's why I wouldn't have taken him where we did.
I think he can end up being a good valuable asset. It's just a bit capped.

Which is fine, it happens. But it wouldn't have hurt to have went elsewhere I guess.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:18 AM 12-28-2022
I've said for years that I think 2nd rounders are one of 2 types typically.

1) High ceiling guys with 1st round skills but warts that make them high risk and unlikely to contribute in year 1 (i.e. a guy like Pickens or Williams) or guys who could flame out entirely.

2) Lower ceiling guys who can play right away (Morse was always my prime example of that sort of player). Sometimes this is guys like Thornhill who may not be low ceiling for the position they play, but they play less impactful position and can play them immediately. Bolton and Creed qualify in that regard. Cook arguably does.

My issue here has always been that I don't see Moore as being either of these. He's not high ceiling nor is he a turnkey contributor with a lower ceiling. He's a 3rd round talent - raw and with a maybe slightly above average ceiling. I think a fair comparison here is Leo Chenal and if you make that comp, your strongest argument for taking him in the 2nd is his positional value. But I also think Chenal has demonstrated that he's more game-ready and frankly, in relation to his position, I think his ceiling is higher than Moore's. So balancing those views out, I think Moore is again more of a 3rd round player; a fringe top 100 guy rather than fringe top 50 guy.
I understand your take, but I think that's a vast oversimplification.

And I think you underestimate Moore's ceiling.

I for one didn't expect any rookie WR to really light it up in Andy's offense in year one; not if you're actually a contender. I mean if you're not, you can take your lumps and let 'em learn. We've done that defensively, and we see what fans on CP think about it.

But we really can't do that on offense, we need to score to win, and have just as much of a shot as anyone at the trophy this season, so Moore's been odd man out.
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 12-28-2022

I for one didn't expect any rookie WR to really light it up in Andy's offense in year one; not if you're actually a contender. I mean if you're not, you can take your lumps and let 'em learn. We've done that defensively, and we see what fans on CP think about it.

But we really can't do that on offense, we need to score to win, and have just as much of a shot as anyone at the trophy this season, so Moore's been odd man out.
Again though, "lighting it up" is different than say, 400 yards receiving.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 12-28-2022

Of course it is; it's a shorthand. It's a broad explanation designed to address a trend over literally thousands of selections made in the 2nd round over the years.

But I think as a shorthand, it's more than fair.

As to his ceiling - I think that's the most obvious point of distinction between myself and the fans of the Moore pick. I simply don't see a guy who's likely to ever be more than a low-end #2 on a contending offense. I don't see any chance in the world of him being a 1 and if you don't have Travis Kelce out there, I don't see Moore being a WR2 either.

On a good offense, I think he will never be more than the 3rd option in the passing game. If someone sees him as someone that can emerge as a 1st or even 2nd option on a high end offense, then that person would slot him in under 'category 1' as I laid out above.

I simply don't see it. I see Sterling Shepard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Again though, "lighting it up" is different than say, 400 yards receiving.
400 yards?

Man, you're bullish as hell on Moore over the last 2 weeks, aren't you?

I'm not convinced he'll hit 300. In a 17 game season.

That's an 'oof' any way you slice it.
[Reply]
-King- 10:37 AM 12-28-2022
400 yards?

Think he meant that 400 is the minimum what should have been expected from him this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 12-28-2022

If you look at snap counts Skyy Moore is getting pretty much the same amount as Mecole did as a rookie.

Of course Hardman had a strong uptick immediately for the first month or so bc Jalen Ramsey fucked up Tyreek’s clavicle in the first game of the season and Sammy Watkins was…well…a brokedick, so of course he got more snaps.

But when Tyreek got healthy in October, Hardman’s snaps looked like Skyy’s the rest of his rookie season
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 12-28-2022
And Hardman went for 540+ yards and 6 scores in a 16 game season. He averaged almost twice as many yards/target as Moore has.

And folks shit on Hardman constantly as a rookie.

Tell me this isn't more about doubling down on pre-draft positions than it is the player himself...
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 12-28-2022
400 yards?

I was implying 400 as an expectation, not that he'll hit that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 12-28-2022
And Hardman went for 540+ yards and 6 scores in a 16 game season. He averaged almost twice as many yards/target as Moore has.

And folks shit on Hardman constantly as a rookie.

Tell me this isn't more about doubling down on pre-draft positions than it is the player himself...
Entirely different situations. That's the whole thing.
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 12-28-2022
How so?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 AM 12-28-2022
And every time it fails it's "Not true Communism..."

There's always a justification if you look for one.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 280
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220270 > Last »
Up