ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 170 of 192
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
penguinz 10:59 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
If "he'll live" with the tag, why not just negotiate a contract at the same rate? By definition, tagging a player means forcing them to do something they don't want to do. I think Matthieu deserves better than that.
His play on the field may deserve better but his emotional immaturity, especially on twitter, says he doesn't deserve better.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:01 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I mean, we already made him the highest paid safety in the league when we got him, or so I thought. He's since won (fingers crossed) 2 chips and been there 3 times in a row. His play has gone down from last year too. One would hope that there's room for negotiation and to help the team out.

That said if it comes between losing him, losing Tyreek or our 25 yr old LT well..... that's not really a choice. He is heart and soul of this defense it makes sense for both parties to work something out.
Agreed. He does play a huge role on the defense, but at his age and position he is easily more expendable than a young solid LT and a WR on a HOF trajectory who's just hitting his prime.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:02 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They aren’t going to lowball him and get him to sign. Pay the man and don’t worry about LT for the next 5-6 years.
This. They could probably get him for 5/100...which isn't terrible all things considered.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:06 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
This. They could probably get him for 5/100...which isn't terrible all things considered.
LT is one of the most important positions on the offense. That's a position you have to pay big money to if you have a good one. Where KC typically drafts they won't get better through the draft unless they get lucky. They can't afford to go cheap on that position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think you tag him because you're in a cap crunch next year and then pay him.

He's not as good as the Top 5, there, but that's the money he'll command anyway. He's good enough and if you give Mahomes decent enough protection you're set. He does that.
Tagging him doesn't make the cap crunch easier - it makes it worse.

A long-term deal makes next season's number more palatable, probably at the EXPENSE of the 2023 cap. But that at least buys you another year for additional cap expansion and roster planning to make it all fit.

The cap provides MORE incentive to get a LTC done with him, not less. Moreover, if you can't get a deal done with Tyreek this year, you'll want that franchise leverage available to use in negotiations with him. And Brown would absolutely realize that you're going to tag Hill over him so you won't be able to bluff him either.

If you want him long term, doing it now is a no-brainer.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:32 AM 01-13-2022
Finally some people making sense. The only way a franchise tag works is to give us more time to sign him long term. 5/100 sounds like a steal to me to lock down Pat's most important protection piece.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:48 AM 01-13-2022
If Spags is here we need to keep Matthieu.

Clark is the one that is expendable.
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 01-13-2022
Mathieu is fine either way for me. I'd like to keep him, but if they think theres a cliff coming physically, whatevs.

You can't let your LT walk.
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:25 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mathieu is fine either way for me. I'd like to keep him, but if they think theres a cliff coming physically, whatevs.

You can't let your LT walk.
HB can stay if he wants to sign a reasonable deal. But if he will only accept top safety money, then fuck him. Walk away
[Reply]
tredadda 12:35 PM 01-13-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If Spags is here we need to keep Matthieu.

Clark is the one that is expendable.
We do need to retain him, just not at the expense of Brown Jr. or Hill.
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 01-14-2022
Gotta look at opportunity for replacement. LT is right there with Pass rusher and right behind QB in terms of finding one. Especially where the Chiefs will be drafting.

So yeah, I think you gotta do what you gotta do here.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:43 AM 01-14-2022
I still see him as more of an RT that can play LT than an LT. Obviously he wants to play LT for the bigger money, all Tackles do. He'll always have a little trouble with speed rushers. He does ok, but it's not what he's Elite at and if we want anything from our long term LT, it's great pass pro.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Gotta look at opportunity for replacement. LT is right there with Pass rusher and right behind QB in terms of finding one. Especially where the Chiefs will be drafting.

So yeah, I think you gotta do what you gotta do here.
I think pass rushers are easier to find than LT’s.

QB is the hardest to find but I’d say a quality LT is 2nd. There just aren’t that many men with a huge body frame and athleticism walking around the earth
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

QB is the hardest to find but I’d say a quality LT is 2nd. There just aren’t that many men with a huge body frame and athleticism walking around the earth
Once you get past about pick 15 or so, QB's, LT's and Pass Rushers are basically a dice roll.

You may find one, but it's likely they're gonna need some polishing and luck.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:54 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

This.

There should be a handful of pass rushers available within our range, whereas there might be one LT.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 192
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180 > Last »
Up