ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 35
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 24
Hammock Parties 10:28 PM 06-06-2023
PC is getting next-gen features this year so I'm in if it's not a total clusterfuck.

First official images released.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:16 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Just heard this this morning.

So Jason agrees with me. NBA 2K and FIFA are far superior sports games.

After playing NBA 2k23 i'll never forgive Madden.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM 06-21-2023
Yep. This is really annoying.

Originally Posted by :
Adaptive AI Additions: ‘Alert’ Logic. This is a new concept where if the CPU has a run play called, but the defense has the box loaded, the AI might audible to a Pass in appropriate game scenarios. They may also change to a pass play against a Weak Box.

For players who like to repeatedly call the same play type, you'll see the AI audible against Zone, or Hot Route vs. Man Coverage.

Odds are driven by Awareness rating, Game Difficulty, and Quarter Length.
Originally Posted by :
Defensive AI Read and React:

Our run defense AI will now have the ability to read repeated plays ran by the offense and react in a more realistic manner. Defenses will start to key in on repetitive offensive run plays. If a team is running the same play out of the same formation, that is a tell to the defense. Once the defense keys in on this, defenders will play their run-fit and start hitting their gap as soon as the ball is snapped.

This will not apply on a play-action run.

How quickly defenders begin to adjust will be dictated by the skill level the user is playing on. On Rookie difficulty, it may take the defense more time to catch on and predict what play is coming compared to our All-Madden difficulty where the defense may only need 1 play before they make effective adjustments.

Your players and ratings are still a huge factor here. An example of this would be that a Defensive Lineman with lower blockshed and strength ratings will still be to be outmatched by an Offensive Lineman with higher blocking ratings, resulting in still having a better chance at protecting the ball carrier in the run game.

The difference here is that the defense will not make the same mistakes as the offense runs what they have seen consistently. All of this will result with a more authentic experience as the defense responds just like how their real life counterparts would.

[Reply]
wazu 11:30 AM 06-21-2023
Like the Defensive AI. Hopefully flip side of that is it should be able to "bait" the defense into guarding against one play so that you can set up something different.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:34 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Like the Defensive AI. Hopefully flip side of that is it should be able to "bait" the defense into guarding against one play so that you can set up something different.
Maybe. Need to test more but I ran two different running plays from the same formation to start my last game. The third time I was in that formation I called an RPO with Kelce releasing deep on a wheel, and he was wide goddamn open. I missed the throw though.

This also reminds me I need to add a trap play to counter inside zone in my PB. Test test test!
[Reply]
Shoes 12:31 PM 06-21-2023
Man I don't want to just post in this thread to shit on a game you enjoy but that trailer with the gameplay improvements totally contradicts the highlights you posted in the Chiefs Jags game, with that 4th and 20 conversion being a perfect example.

You run 4 verts, throw the ball to James, the Jags safety is in a good position to make a play. James gets locked into a possession catch animation and the Jags safety also gets locked into a catch animation. There's contact between the two player models but James morphs through the safety and catches the ball. That's the same shit that has been happening for years, nothing dynamic about the interaction. Also in the trailer, the screen pass at 2:29 is another perfect example of I think what frustrates fans. Screen pass, 3 o-lineman with one defender to block and all 3 o-lineman don't even react to the defensive player. Again it's the exact same play and AI from the o-lineman that has been around for years.
[Reply]
wazu 12:37 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Just heard this this morning.

So Jason agrees with me. NBA 2K and FIFA are far superior sports games.

After playing NBA 2k23 i'll never forgive Madden.
Football seems to me like it would be an exponentially more complicated sport to build a game around. Plus, I have zero interest in the real NBA or FIFA. I can completely believe that they more accurately simulate the games though and are more enjoyable for people who enjoy those leagues/sports.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:37 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
You run 4 verts, throw the ball to James, the Jags safety is in a good position to make a play. James gets locked into a possession catch animation and the Jags safety also gets locked into a catch animation. There's contact between the two player models but James morphs through the safety and catches the ball.
You're wrong. The DB went for the ball and the receiver made a sliding catch in front of his hands and body, going to the ground to protect the ball. On the way down he hit the defender's thigh. That was completely natural. Look at it in slomo.

Originally Posted by :
Also in the trailer, the screen pass at 2:29 is another perfect example of I think what frustrates fans. Screen pass, 3 o-lineman with one defender to block and all 3 o-lineman don't even react to the defensive player. Again it's the exact same play and AI from the o-lineman that has been around for years.
That was Madden 23. They're highlighting what didn't work.
[Reply]
Shoes 02:36 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're wrong. The DB went for the ball and the receiver made a sliding catch in front of his hands and body, going to the ground to protect the ball. On the way down he hit the defender's thigh. That was completely natural. Look at it in slomo.

That was Madden 23. They're highlighting what didn't work.
We disagree on point one.

On point 2 I admit I was watching without sound so I stand corrected.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:42 PM 06-21-2023
We disagree on point one.
It's as clear as day. Here's another angle. The catch is secured before he makes contact with the defender.

[Reply]
Shoes 02:48 PM 06-21-2023
There is clear contact between the two player models, James momentum + slide doesn't impact the Jag safety player model at all man. Two locked in animations.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:56 PM 06-21-2023
There is clear contact between the two player models, James momentum + slide doesn't impact the Jag safety player model at all man. Two locked in animations.
His left leg literally moves up and back because he's contacted by the receiver.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:04 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Football seems to me like it would be an exponentially more complicated sport to build a game around. Plus, I have zero interest in the real NBA or FIFA. I can completely believe that they more accurately simulate the games though and are more enjoyable for people who enjoy those leagues/sports.
It's not even just about the simulation experience, it's about the creativity and user ability.

NBA 2k23's franchise mode just shits all over Madden's.

Just take team relocation for example. I won't bother explaining Madden's shit ass system, we're all aware of their premade jersey and team names etc.

NBA 2k23 allows users to relocate to any city, then rename the location. I.e, i can pick San Diego, and then rename the city to match whatever suburb. You can create your own team names, the stadium designer is soooo much more detailed than the whack ass preset options Madden gives you.

When it comes to Jerseys, you have a multitude of jerseys to pick from, and you can configure the color scheme any which way you like.

You can even upload your own custom logos and graphics, or pick from a community list of uploads.

Shit, NBA 2k23 even allows you to design your own shoes for your players to wear, and already includes a massive library for sneaker heads.

I was stoked to see my favorite shoe in the game from way back in middle school. I remember being in the 7th grade rockin' the Tracey McGrady's, and there they were in the game!

The player creator is much more fun and in depth. There's a much larger selection of body types rather than Madden's, basically, 3 types. Player creation allows for move/play styles. Reminds me of the WWE games that allow you to design wrestlers, pick their moves, fight styles, entrances, gear etc.

And don't even get me started on the controls.....the controls in NBA 2K23 kinda reminded me of a fighting game, in that you have dozens of moves you can execute. You can preset your character to cross over like Allen Iverson, or post up like Jokic.

The game just shits all over Madden in every conceivable way. It's a Franchise Mode lover's wet dream.

If you were like me, and all you ever played was Madden and you finally dipped into other Sport game franchises, you'd feel duped by Madden. Madden feels low effort AF compared to 2K23
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:07 PM 06-21-2023
Start an NBA 2K23 thread then. Jesus.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:09 PM 06-21-2023
I had one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life last night. I had to convert nine third downs and four fourth downs, on the road, in the rain, against the Jaguars to win the game with 20 seconds left.

It was fucking insane! And this game is just beta.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:20 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Start an NBA 2K23 thread then. Jesus.
Stop settling for an inferior product. Demand more for the most popular sport in the country.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 35
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up