ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target
Direckshun 01:43 PM 03-12-2023
Didn’t see it posted.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...laremy-tunsil/

ESPN insider names Texans LT Laremy Tunsil as Chiefs trade target

Could the Kansas City Chiefs go back to the trade market to find their left tackle of the future? One ESPN insider is watching a particular player closely if that’s the case.

ESPN’s Dan Graziano recently helped compile some last-minute free agency and trade buzz with the NFL’s legal tampering period kicking off at noon tomorrow. He mentioned that Houston Texans LT Laremy Tunsil could be a trade target for Kansas City if they’re unable to get a long-term deal done with Orlando Brown Jr. ahead of Monday.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by :
“One potential trade target I’m watching is Houston left tackle Laremy Tunsil. The Texans have resisted trading him in recent years, but he has just one year and a nonguaranteed $18.5 million left on his contract and could be a target of the Chiefs if they aren’t able to bring back Orlando Brown Jr.”
What would need to happen for a trade to materialize?

First, Houston would need to decide that they did not want to pay Tunsil a long-term contract extension. That would be a bold move considering they’re expected to draft a rookie quarterback and nothing is better for a rookie quarterback than an established left tackle.

Second, the two sides would have to agree on trade compensation. Would the Chiefs really be willing to potentially give up a first-round draft pick in 2023 (and potentially more) for Tunsil when they’re hosting the draft in Kansas City?

Next up, the Chiefs and Tunsil’s representation would need to first agree to a contract extension that would lower his 2023 salary cap hit. Right now, his cap hit would put the team over the cap.

Finally, Kansas City must view Tunsil as their “long-term solution” at left tackle. Will they envision him as such when he’ll be 29 years old in Week 1 of 2023? There is certainly nothing wrong with his ability — in three of the past four seasons, he’s been among PFF’s highest-graded pass-blocking offensive tackles. They should have no problem paying for that production, but would it be for more than one contract? It’s hard to say. When you draft a rookie in the first round, you get five years of control (fifth-year option), plus a likely sixth year of control through the franchise tag. Then you have the potential of re-signing that player to a long-term deal afterward.

There are certainly benefits to trading for Tunsil, but given what we’re hearing about what the Chiefs want out of the left tackle position this offseason, a trade might not be the route they take.
[Reply]
Balto 11:11 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Clark has stated in interviews that he has no issues trading out of the 1st round if it improves the team.
I mean say they wait till draft night....Chiefs are on the board at #31...

Comish walks up and says the Chiefs have traded the #31 pick to the Houston Texans for All Pro Left Tackle Laremy Tunsil!

Crowds would go crazy with excitement!
[Reply]
Chieftain 11:15 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
If Tunsil doesn't agree to restructure that means Houston will have $35,210,834 Cap hit! There is just no way they do that.

Tunsil just has to say NO I won't extend this season and he will get traded.

I think this trade would be fair for both teams:

Houston gets:
#31-Get back into the 1st for that 5th year option
2024 1st
CEH, if they want him

Chiefs get:
Tunsil

Texans can go:
#2: QB
#12: D/OL
#31: D/OL
Sign me up for that all day every day.
Tunsil is a legit Top 5 proven LT in this league who can play at an elite level for at least 5 more seasons.
I would be ecstatic if he became a Chief. We can legitimately win 2-3 SBs with this guy as LT.
[Reply]
O.city 11:16 AM 03-13-2023

Update: There could be a potential trade involving #Texans Pro Bowl LT Laremy Tunsil, per rumors shared by ESPN reporter @Djbienaime

Tunsil recently said he wants to "reset" the Offensive Tackle market with his next contract. pic.twitter.com/A27K7kNtIz

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) March 13, 2023

[Reply]
notorious 11:20 AM 03-13-2023
Oh my, here we go.....

I'd much rather give him the bag than OBJ. Not even close to the same level.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:28 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Oh my, here we go.....

Especially for our style of play.

The advantages that OBJ has are experience in the system and age.

Those are advantages are significant enough to make up the difference between them as pass protectors though.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:32 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Oh my, here we go.....

Yep, Tunsil is an elite pass protector unlike OBJ
[Reply]
notorious 11:45 AM 03-13-2023
For a team that has a stacked roster and a lot of picks, this move looks like it's a real possibility.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:46 AM 03-13-2023
It's happening!!
[Reply]
notorious 11:46 AM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's fappening!!
fyp!
[Reply]
carcosa 12:02 PM 03-13-2023
This is crazy... my calculations indicate we only need 316 posts in this thread for the trade to happen..........
[Reply]
Balto 12:03 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean not long ago Veach WAS willing to reset the LT market with what he was offering Trent Williams. If I remember correctly Veach's last offer was a little higher than what the 49ers gave Williams at 6 years $138M! Thats $23M average a year.

Tunsil not only is much younger than Williams but is also a better pass blocker. I'd still put Williams as the overall best Tackle in the NFL but for Reid's system...I'll take Tunsil over anyone!

I think it's a real possibility Veach makes this happen AND makes Trent Williams the highest paid LT in the NFL!
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 12:03 PM 03-13-2023

#Texans Pro Bowl left tackle Laremy Tunsil has been discussed in potential trade scenario with #Chiefs, according to league sources. Fluid situation on whether it happens, however. #Chiefs potentially retaining Orlando Brown Jr. has not been ruled out by Chiefs, per source

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 13, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:05 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:05 PM 03-13-2023
Have we traded for this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
Balto 12:06 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
SHould of honestly tagged OBJ and then traded OBJ+PIck to Houston for Tunsil but maybe NO NFL team is willing to pay OBJ what he wants hahaha
[Reply]
Page 17 of 31
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up