ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 104
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Bengals (AFC Championship Rd)
RunKC 04:45 PM 01-22-2023
Welp this game has been on everyone’s minds since the start of the season.

Let’s get some revenge goddamnit!
[Reply]
DRM08 10:11 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Man fuck these guys. Why can’t Mahomes be 100% for this one fuck fuck fuck. These dudes are arrogant and already think they’ve won. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re overlooking the Chiefs given their 3-0 record against us. They deserve a beat down.
Cincy has the advantage heading into the game, no doubt. Mahomes’ injury usually takes 4+ weeks of healing. But you never know. Sometimes crazy stuff happens. Maybe KC will be able to surprise everyone in an underdog type of role.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:12 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
No, he does not. But Brown definitely plays better with Thuney next to him. Humphrey, too.

Thuney is really, really good and makes life easier for the guys to either side of him. Especially when defenses try to play games.
Hopefully he helps Brown like you say. If the Bengals can continue to rush three because Hendrickson can abuse Brown we are in for another long game.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:13 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BigRock:
They have to win. Because having 5 straight AFC Championship games at home and only winning 2 of them would be a nightmare I'm not prepared for.
It's not something I have put much thought into but yeah... losing this much, this often, especially to a specific team - it starts to create a boogeyman. Kind of like how the Steelers were ours during the Smith era and how it became the Patriots briefly afterward.

Really hope we take care of business so this doesn't start to **** with the teams psyche because the Bengals won't be going away any time soon.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:14 PM 01-22-2023
Keep in mind a mysterious illness swept through the locker room the week we played the Bengals and we played like it.

The back seven largely held back deep and bet on themselves to rally to the checkdowns. But their tackling was atrocious.

Their tackling has been muuuuuch better since. It may not be enough but it gives us an honest chance.

Mahomes seems to be vexed less and less by the quarter-quarter-half defense the Bengals have. Still gunked up by it; not stymied though. Reid has to keep the run game going, though, when we start plowing them.

I just don’t know how healthy Mahomes is. Healthy or 90% healthy Mahomes wins this game.

80% Mahomes may lose it, and 60% Mahomes definitely does.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:17 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BigRock:
They have to win. Because having 5 straight AFC Championship games at home and only winning 2 of them would be a nightmare I'm not prepared for.
Look, I get in the moment that it would totally suck. But some perspective is important. We got one. We've got Patrick Mahomes for the next decade and maybe a couple years more. Even if our absolute floor is the 90's Atlanta Braves, we still got one. Look at the Niners. 3 out of the last 4 NFCCG yet still haven't won a chip since the 90's. Cowboys haven't won shit in a quarter century. Bills.....nothing. Bengals, as of this post, no chip. With all of the good to great QB's in the AFC alone, at least a couple of them will be this quarterback eras Rivers/Moon/Fouts, Kosar, etc. We will always be in the mix and chances are good we get at least one more, but even if the worse case scenario comes true....we got one.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:24 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Look, I get in the moment that it would totally suck. But some perspective is important. We got one. We've got Patrick Mahomes for the next decade and maybe a couple years more. Even if our absolute floor is the 90's Atlanta Braves, we still got one. Look at the Niners. 3 out of the last 4 NFCCG yet still haven't won a chip since the 90's. Cowboys haven't won shit in a quarter century. Bills.....nothing. Bengals, as of this post, no chip. With all of the good to great QB's in the AFC alone, at least a couple of them will be this quarterback eras Rivers/Moon/Fouts, Kosar, etc. We will always be in the mix and chances are good we get at least one more, but even if the worse case scenario comes true....we got one.
Great attempt here at avoiding emotional torture this upcoming weekend,BUT it won't work. There will be times you will be in the fetus position sucking your thumb like all the rest of us hoping and praying. Just accept it !!!:-):-)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:25 PM 01-22-2023
I was impressed with how well the bengals offensive line played today. Not a great sign. I thought that might be their Achilles heel.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:30 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I was impressed with how well the bengals offensive line played today. Not a great sign. I thought that might be their Achilles heel.
Burrow gets the ball out quick. That helps protect their line a ton.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:30 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Underrated OL and underrated defense/DL. They play in the AFC North, which forces them to be a very physical football team. Unlike the rest of the AFC North, Cincy has a great QB and great weapons to go with a very physical team in the trenches.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:31 PM 01-22-2023
:-)
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Great attempt here at avoiding emotional torture this upcoming weekend,BUT it won't work. There will be times you will be in the fetus position sucking your thumb like all the rest of us hoping and praying. Just accept it !!!:-):-)

[Reply]
DRM08 10:32 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Burrow gets the ball out quick. That helps protect their line a ton.
They also run the ball very well. Their OL seems pretty underrated overall.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:32 PM 01-22-2023
It would be nice to have Mecole back for the jet sweeps.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:32 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They really have no weaknesses, it sucks.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:34 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not sure how Burrow is liked, he's a super cocky mother ****er. He's literally the jock from an 80s movie that constantly walked around with the lineman so he could shit on everyone without consequences.
I actually like Josh Allen as a person. When I see his pressers, when he's doing golf events or hanging out. Thats a good dude. Joe Burrow acts like a complete chode.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:35 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
They’ve ran the ball well at times, but they haven’t been a great running team this year.

They were actually 4th worst in the league total rushing yards and yards per carry.

The Bengals gashing us last time on the ground was easily the most disappointing part of that game.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 104
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up