ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 42
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone see Adams shove the dorky camera kid?
Buehler445 09:38 PM 10-10-2022
What a sack of shit. Hope he gets suspended for that shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:03 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
[/B]

I guess I am.

The kid has a job. He's paying his own bills with his own money. But the American dream now is to take other people's money for negligible reasons, bordering on scamming people, because 'that's the game we're playing.' As if there's some requirement for all of us to be a litigious POS, according to you.

How about this: typically, if you injure a finger at work, the average compensation is about $2000-$5000. Is that enough, or do we need to charge more simply because the kid may have felt some embarrassment. The kid went to the hospital for what? A slightly scuffed butt? What's the ransom for that?
His ankle got hurt pretty badly I guess.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:06 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
His ankle got hurt pretty badly I guess.
Really? Are we sure about that, because he literally jumped right back up to his feet and started walking. Hard to do if you sprain your ankle badly. And where was his limp if he badly sprained his ankle?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 10-11-2022
Really? Are we sure about that, because he literally jumped right back up to his feet and started walking. Hard to do if you sprain your ankle badly. And where was his limp if he badly sprained his ankle?
Watch the video again. He didn't get up on his own - the other dude had to help him up.

As for the extent of the injury, it was significant enough to mention in the police report and get him a trip to the ER.
[Reply]
backinblack 03:09 PM 10-11-2022
he probably got injuries akin to falling off a bicycle, little road rash maybe. But hey, if that gets you a settlement pay check...
[Reply]
loochy 03:09 PM 10-11-2022
[/B]

How about this: typically, if you injure a finger at work, the average compensation is about $2000-$5000. Is that enough, or do we need to charge more simply because the kid may have felt some embarrassment. The kid went to the hospital for what? A slightly scuffed butt? What's the ransom for that?
It's not unreasonable to expect that shoving a person that is not accustomed to taking hits/falling, unprepared for contact, and carrying a lot of equipment that impacts balance might end up with injury.

Hell, the NFL/Chiefs/whoever he works for probably insisted that he go to the hospital immediately just to cover THEIR asses. He may not have wanted to go at all

Also, I haven't seen anything about the kid suing. All I saw was that he's charging for assault, which this is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:11 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
Also, I haven't seen anything about the kid suing. All I saw was that he's charging for assault, which this is.
There's also this.

We're the only ones talking about civil litigation. This is currently a criminal case.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:18 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Watch the video again. He didn't get up on his own - the other dude had to help him up.

As for the extent of the injury, it was significant enough to mention in the police report and get him a trip to the ER.
He was holding some kind of equipment in his hand; some guy gave him a hand up is all. It's not like he was rolling around on the ground in agony.

And the NFL probably has a reg that states that if an employee falls for any reason they need to report it and possibly go to the hospital for evaluation to CTA.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:20 PM 10-11-2022
I dunno. I mean, I'd be pissed if the dude shoved me at work, and if I sprained an ankle or something, I'd expect some compensation for that, but I'm not gonna sue the pants off a guy, just because he's a Raider.

I'd actually tell him I appreciate the apology, and could he please help me with the medical bills and the trip to the hospital.

As far as the criminal assault, I think Adams was walking and the guy popped in front of him. Seemed more a reflexive defensive thing to me. BUT...he should have stopped to help the guy up and check on him.

Whatever. He should not be sued, but he should do the right thing and make it right for the guy. But nowadays, we all gotta sue don't we...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 10-11-2022
He was holding some kind of equipment in his hand; some guy gave him a hand up is all. It's not like he was rolling around on the ground in agony.

And the NFL probably has a reg that states that if an employee falls for any reason they need to report it and possibly go to the hospital for evaluation to CTA.
And none of that means he wasn't injured. What's your end game here? To convince everyone that this sort of behavior is no big deal?
[Reply]
loochy 03:23 PM 10-11-2022
If I was the kid I'd settle for him paying my doctor bills, some signed memorabilia, and a complimentary trip to Vegas to see a game
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:24 PM 10-11-2022
So i went back a bit and i made an assumption that the kid was suing because someone posted something about the kid getting his money. My bad. At this point it's just a criminal case, so most if not all of what I posted here is irrelevant.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:28 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I dunno. I mean, I'd be pissed if the dude shoved me at work, and if I sprained an ankle or something, I'd expect some compensation for that, but I'm not gonna sue the pants off a guy, just because he's a Raider.

I'd actually tell him I appreciate the apology, and could he please help me with the medical bills and the trip to the hospital.

As far as the criminal assault, I think Adams was walking and the guy popped in front of him. Seemed more a reflexive defensive thing to me. BUT...he should have stopped to help the guy up and check on him.

Whatever. He should not be sued, but he should do the right thing and make it right for the guy. But nowadays, we all gotta sue don't we...
He should be sued just because of his shitty apology... He said he felt bad right away, but he looks down at the guy in disgust and continues walking. Good people don't do this type of thing... Period.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:30 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And none of that means he wasn't injured. What's your end game here? To convince everyone that this sort of behavior is no big deal?
Um, I already addressed this. I said it was a big enough deal that Adams should be suspended for at least a game, which is a significant amount of money. And I suggested he should pay a separate fine. That right there is a pretty big deal, isn't it? Just how much more a 'big deal' should anyone make of this?

I mean I get it, Adams is a Raider, and we have to hate Raiders. He made the mistake of venting some of his frustration on some stranger, in this case some kid carrying some equipment.

That was wrong of Adams, and he should be punished accordingly. And this kind of thing can't happen, so at the very least there should be a 1 game suspension, as I already said, a few times now.

But the kid isn't seriously injured. Most likely the only thing really hurt is his pride.

So what?

The league will do whatever they have in place for this sort of thing. The police will do whatever they do in these cases, which will probably amount to some kind of fine.

My question is why isn't that enough?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:31 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

Call me crazy but if someone walks in front of me, I generally just let them walk by and continue my walk.
[Reply]
loochy 03:32 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Call me crazy but if someone walks in front of me, I generally just let them walk by and continue my walk.

Yeah, but you didn't just cost your team the game by running into your own player like a dumbass
[Reply]
Page 17 of 42
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up