ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cincinnati Bengals (AFC Championship Edition)
TLO 08:59 PM 01-23-2022
Discussion
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:39 PM 01-24-2022
If our front four play well, I think we'll win pretty convincingly. If not, things get closer.

(This is assuming the refs don't purposefully keep the Gals in the game)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:40 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah I don't think you blitz the Bengals gotta get home with 4 were gonna need some extra coverage.

This was as of November

Joe Burrow has a 128 passer rating vs. the blitz and a 99 passer rating when he's not blitzed. He's been blitzed 28.3% of the time this year in total, yet 40% of his TDs are against the blitz, while 90% of his turnover worthy plays came when not blitzed
Which makes sense. Their OL is awful, so you shouldn’t need to blitz to get pressure. The extra bodies on the back end bring a greater return.

Blitzing is an example of diminishing returns against the Bengals OL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:07 AM 01-25-2022
:-) they hate us so bad

[Reply]
DRU 12:54 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Game on Mother****er
I was at the original record breaker against the Raiders which resulted in the infamous 4th and 48ers.

I was also at the record breaker against the Pats when we destroyed Brady.

In both cases the opposing QB was as dazed and confused as I've ever seen, and the Chiefs won very easily.

Would be nice to get that sort of energy in the stadium for this one.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:01 AM 01-25-2022

Game on Motherfucker
Yeah good luck with that Burrow.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:15 AM 01-25-2022

Game on Mother****er
Lawrence Tynes of all people responds…

To be fair, Joe has never played at Arrowhead. Having said that, he is in for a rude awakening.

There is no place louder in sports and it’s not up for debate. pic.twitter.com/OKJCHlZj09

— ���������������� ���������� (@lt4kicks) January 24, 2022

[Reply]
Direckshun 01:31 AM 01-25-2022
I don't care about the stadium noise. It won't bother Burrow, who is close to unflappable (except he forgets what football is the second a passrusher breaks loose to chase him down).

The thing I'm worried about is Jamarr Chase. I don't have NFL GamePass anymore, so I don't have a great breakdown of how the Chiefs were able to shut down Stefon Diggs, but they need to trot out a similar commitment against Chase.

If Chase ends the game with, say, 3 receptions for 30 yards, give or take, I don't see how the Bengals win this game. The Bengals need Chase to go ham.

They have other weapons, and Burrow does worry me. But I'll take Andy Reid in a rematch against Zac Taylor 10 times out of 10. By my estimation, the Chiefs left 8 points out on the field against the Bills (getting 3 instead of 7 after Tyreek's punt return, and Butker's missed kicks). I doubt that happens two games in a row.

Assuming Chase doesn't explode for 200+ yards, I think the Chiefs have this game all but won in 3.5 quarters, with the Bengals having some time to rack up garbage stats and points.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:01 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Christian & Barry:
I’m rewatching the first meeting between these 2. First thing that stands out is that Zeus was out. Niang started at LT, got hurt early in the first quarter. Allegretti took over at LT.
oh wow I forgot that
[Reply]
tredadda 05:20 AM 01-25-2022
Honestly a strategy that could work, besides getting tons of pressure on Burrow is to cancel out Chase and Higgins and make Burrow/Boyd beat them. If you look at the Bills game, the defense utterly shut down everyone on Buffalo's offense not named Allen/Davis. Had Mathieu not gotten injured I doubt Davis puts up even close to the numbers he did.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:39 AM 01-25-2022
Thuney was at LT and Allegretti was at LG.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:42 AM 01-25-2022
Some people don’t watch games
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 06:54 AM 01-25-2022
Bracket Chase most of the game. Though Ward did as good a job as you could expect taking on Chase by himself, I would lean towards putting Ward solo on whoever is opposite Chase, Sneed solo on the slot and hopefully, Fenton as one half of the bracket on Chase (Hughes would make more nervous, but the bracket would hopefully make up for his deficiencies). Rush 4. Combo of players on Uzomah, depending on what package we're running. With the Ref crew we drew...be physical as hell with all of 'em. Just need to interrupt their routes long enough to let our front 4 crumble Joe.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:12 AM 01-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-) they hate us so bad

The Reaper is coming to but some assholes on the endangered animals list
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:29 AM 01-25-2022
This always happen with hot teams. People talk about them like they're a monster. They talk up all the good, and ignore all the bad.

The Chiefs have the best pedigree in the league (by a country mile), and people want to pick at any wort they can find. The Bengals are new to the party, a 10-7 team that lost to the Jets, lost to the Bears, got battered by the Chargers, got RAPED BY THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

The Chiefs and Bengals are on 2 completely different levels. The only way Cincy wins is if the Chiefs shit the bed, and they've proven over the course of FOUR YEARS that's not something that's ever gonna happen with 15 at QB.

The AFCCG was last week. The Chiefs or Bills would've beat the Bengals or Titans in that sorry-ass, no offense Saturday game by 3 scores each.
[Reply]
scho63 07:59 AM 01-25-2022
Don't call an all-out blitz on 3rd and 27
[Reply]
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up