ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:18 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Like my parents before me, I’ve worked to instill respect for women and their elders into my boys. As you may know, raising kids is not easy and teaching respect from the jump is important. Not sure why you’re mocking me on this one.
I just don't believe that you have instructed your kids to stand when you enter a room. If you're limiting to grandparents arriving at dinner, I'd believe that.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:21 PM 08-01-2021
Like my parents before me, I’ve worked to instill respect for women and their elders into my boys. As you may know, raising kids is not easy and teaching respect from the jump is important. Not sure why you’re mocking me on this one.
There is a certain group….

You know what? I’m just going to go ahead and stop myself here. Going down this road will ultimately lead to a forum change for this thread, and I’m not going to be the cause of that.

Needless to say, it’s cosmo, I don’t know why you would expect anything less from him/her/x/it.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:22 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
It is so uncivilized when the waste is below the ass cheeks.
Probably because of lack of brainpower.
Know how I know you are defeated?
That is all you got. I didn't proofread the incorrect autocorrect.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:23 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I just don't believe that you have instructed your kids to stand when you enter a room. If you're limiting to grandparents arriving at dinner, I'd believe that.
What? Of course they don’t have to stand when I enter. I’m not an elder. Now I see your confusion. If we’re at table and the grand parents or other elders enter, we stand.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:25 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

You know what? I’m just going to go ahead and stop myself here. Going down this road will ultimately lead to a forum change for this thread, and I’m not going to be the cause of that.

Needless to say, it’s cosmo, I don’t know why you would expect anything less from him/her/x/it.
It doesn’t seem like that hard of a concept to understand.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:27 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's amazing what people consider dressing nice is these days. My best Harley t-shirt, cleanest pair of jeans, and tennis shoes with the least dirt on them are the bar for many these days.
That is a pretty low bar.
I wear "slacks", Duluth Firehose Flex pants, and a button-up shirt to work on equipment and get some dirt or grease on me most days. I have a regular pair of suit pants, dress shirt, and tie in my office for department head meetings.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:27 PM 08-01-2021
What? Of course they don’t have to stand when I enter. I’m not an elder. Now I see your confusion. If we’re at table and the grand parents or other elders enter, we stand.
Our situation always depended. If you mean enter as in entered the house we all stood up and usually kisses and hugs were across the board and yes, that meant kissing your Grandfather or elder Uncle on the cheek. We are Italian after all.

But if they were already in the house we wouldn't stand when they came into the dining room but no one was eating until they did.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:28 PM 08-01-2021
It doesn’t seem like that hard of a concept to understand.
It likely is if you’ve been brought up in, or chose to rebel into, the counter culture. And that’s as much as I’ll say on this particular point of this subject (in this forum any way).
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:28 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

Groan...so, since you're picking a fight with me over this...are you telling me that you've trained your kids to rise when you enter a room?

If not, I don't know what you are spazzing about nor why you chose to make a big deal about what I said.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:29 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
That is a pretty low bar.
I wear "slacks", Duluth Firehose Flex pants, and a button-up shirt to work on equipment and get some dirt or grease on me most days. I have a regular pair of suit pants, dress shirt, and tie in my office for department head meetings.
:-) I wasn't saying that's how I dress. I was saying that's what some people think is dressed up.

When the Wife and I go out it is usually a dress for her and slacks for me and at depending where we go, a sport coat.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:30 PM 08-01-2021
Our situation always depended. If you mean enter as in entered the house we all stood up and usually kisses and hugs were across the board and yes, that meant kissing your Grandfather or elder Uncle on the cheek. We are Italian after all.

But if they were already in the house we wouldn't stand when they came into the dining room but no one was eating until they did.
Yeah, pretty much the same. My grandma’s parents came from Sicily. It’s just basic family stuff. I don’t know why it’s a discussion.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:30 PM 08-01-2021
You're not an elder to your kids?
OK, I guess our different definitions (yours being incorrect) is the issue here.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:31 PM 08-01-2021
:-) I wasn't saying that's how I dress. I was saying that's what some people think is dressed up.

When the Wife and I go out it is usually a dress for her and slacks for me and at depending on where we go, a sport coat.
Yeah, I knew what you meant but thanks for confirming I guess. LOL
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:32 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Know how I know you are defeated?
That is all you got. I didn't proofread the incorrect autocorrect.
You made the brainpower crack. Once you go there, you should have your shit together.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:32 PM 08-01-2021
The opposite though is people who think they have have to dress up for everything. I remember as a kid my Step Mom made my brother and I wear matching sweaters, corduroys and loafers to a Kansas City Kings game. She wore a dress with heels and a rabbit fur coat and my Dad wore a suit.

I was like WTF??? It's a fucking basketball game!?!?!?!?!
[Reply]
Page 17 of 22
« First < 71314151617 18192021 > Last »
Up