ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 79
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:02 AM 03-11-2021
Reiff is a RT though. I mean maybe.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:03 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Converting Mahomes' base to bonus saves $17M.
Mahomes only has a $990,000 base for this season.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Who will the Chiefs cut to get under the cap for a new tackle? You are still $3 million over.
They can get like $17M by converting some of Mahomes' contract.

Tyrann is going to get re-done any time now and that will free up some.

Schwartz and Fisher freed up $18M.

And there's a bunch of other moves they could make. Some are easy (messing with Jones contract) and some not so (extending Clark).
[Reply]
notorious 10:03 AM 03-11-2021
How much money did Fisher just lose?
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Reiff was cut. Which means we can sign him now and he doesn’t count against comp picks.
Reiff doesn't seem like a Veach signing. He's gonna swing big.

I still think a trade or soemthing happens. They've likely slotted in LT as a premium paid spot.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:04 AM 03-11-2021
Reiff was cut. Which means we can sign him now and he doesn’t count against comp picks.
This is Burt Veach we’re talking about. Dude has balls of steel and doesn’t give a fuck.

It’s far more likely he’s going for a big fish like Trent Williams than a guy like Rieff.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:04 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I mentioned it a few posts ago - I think this is the most likely scenario (that we'd trade with a team that needs to unload a contract on a young guy). I just don't know who those guys are.
Rams with Havenstein?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:04 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It very well could be Orlando Brown Jr.
I'm not sure he's the perfect fit skill-wise but I think that's at least in the right ballpark.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:05 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Who will the Chiefs cut to get under the cap for a new tackle? You are still $3 million over.
No cuts needed.

Extend Mathieu (add three years, make the new deal something in the neighborhood of Budda Baker's deal with big roster bonuses/base salaries in years 3 and 4)

Restructure Mahomes' 21 roster bonus (21M)

Restructure part or all of Jones' 21 roster bonus (20M)

Restructure Kelce 21 roster bonus and base (10M)

And the Chiefs can get up to $45M under the 21 cap. They're kicking the can, but they're kicking it on core players. Those roster bonuses were smart moves by Veach and co. ... give KC a LOT of flexibility in moving money into future years from the 21 cap hell due to COVID.

Even holding back $$ for their draft pool, the Chiefs are going to have the $$ to play in the FA pool.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:06 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Reiff is a RT though. I mean maybe.
Pretty sure he’s been playing LT since he came into the league.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:07 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You don't think the OL is going to be fine? Do you not trust that Reid and Veach know what they are doing?
I love how everybody is coming at me like I made some bold proclamation/prediction or THEY actually saw this coming.

I was taking Veach at his word. I was wrong. Big fucking deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:07 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Rams with Havenstein?
What's the contract situation there?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:07 AM 03-11-2021
Anyone see all the comments on ProFootballTalk.com regarding this news? The hatred and stupidity is hilarious. Feels good to be the new Darth Vader of the NFL.

"Chiefs are done, they will have to cut 47 players and Mahomes is injury prone..."

Can't even believe these people are able to function in society.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:08 AM 03-11-2021
Wonder if they'll trade up like they did with Mahomes to get the tackle they really desire. OLine is never a sexy move, but cutting both Schwartz and Fisher leaves little doubt where they're going with their first pick, the problem is the league knows it now so someone could trade back up into the first round to snag the best OL on the board. I'm trying to think of what player we have that would be worthy trade bait; after last years performance I don't think you could trade Clark for much, and even then that puts you down an edge rusher. I would think Matheiu, Hill and Kelce are untradeable along with Mahomes of course. You want to keep Sneed and the young guys who've contributed to our secondary. I don't know, looks like we're going in short on the OLine this year unless we get the most fortunate of draft circumstances with guy falling and destroying this year while staying healthy. Rebuilding year for the OLine for sure, hope it doesn't put Mahomes on his back too much.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:08 AM 03-11-2021
Pretty sure he’s been playing LT since he came into the league.
You're right, my mistake
[Reply]
Page 17 of 79
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up