ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

Donger 03:24 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
"When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet but its not providing the perfect protection people think that it is. And often there are unintended consequences. People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face."

That statement made when cases were just beginning verses now makes no difference, it doesn't change the statement or the truthfulness at all.
Two things:

There's no question that there was a paucity of PPE back in March. And he and others were really worried about it. So, he and others downplayed wearing masks to try to prevent non-medical people from hoarding and making the situation worse.

He says it's not perfect protection. It's not.
Bearcat 03:26 PM 08-16-2020
Someone could do the actual research on particle size and what different masks do, etc.... or just post a video that has nothing to do with Covid.

lewdog 03:30 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Check the 1:57 mark. If these masks were a quarterback, they'd be Matt Cassel.

I wonder what that looks like when using something more similar to respiratory droplets and not smoke?

Frazod 03:30 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It was written off. It was stevieray with words of wisdom that settled it on my end.

Frazod, I sent you a rep message.
I saw it. Thanks. :-)
Bugeater 03:30 PM 08-16-2020
I don't recall Coleco making home computers.
BigRedChief 03:33 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Reminds me of the CPer that asked for gas money on here and didn't pay it back. Very nice of you though
I think that was me or Edave did I also give him some money. $20. The guy had been on here for a decade or so. Or was that a different person?
candyman 03:44 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I wonder what that looks like when using something more similar to respiratory droplets and not smoke?
That wasn't smoke, it was vapor witch is even larger than respiratory droplets.
Frazod 03:45 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Sure, a mask will stop some of it. Of course, most people cover their mouths with their hands when they cough or sneeze, too, which would obviously stop the spraying. The video didn't take that into account.

As I've said elsewhere, I (admittedly begrudgingly) wear a mask in places where I am required to do so. I don't like it, but I don't like being engaged in pointless histrionics with annoying strangers more, so I deal with it.

However, I'd much rather just rely on my immune system. That's what it's for.
crazycoffey 03:49 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Please note the "right now" part. That was in early March, when we had a few cases and community spread had not been confirmed.
Masks have changed in 5 months?
Donger 03:52 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Masks have changed in 5 months?
No. What changed right after he said that is that we confirmed community spread here, along with confirmation of asymptomatic spread.

So, the recommendation changed based on facts. Science is like that.
KCUnited 03:54 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
That wasn't smoke, it was vapor witch is even larger than respiratory droplets.
It seems especially wicked in the west right now
DaneMcCloud 03:54 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sure, a mask will stop some of it. Of course, most people cover their mouths with their hands when they cough or sneeze, too, which would obviously stop the spraying. The video didn't take that into account.

As I've said elsewhere, I (admittedly begrudgingly) wear a mask in places where I am required to do so. I don't like it, but I don't like being engaged in pointless histrionics with annoying strangers more, so I deal with it.

However, I'd much rather just rely on my immune system. That's what it's for.
I’ve been wearing a mask in public since early March and even though I’ve been out in public about 50 times (not including hikes and cycling), I have several in my car because I inadvertently forget that I need to wear a mask in public.

My wife initially bought us some thick cloth masks, which work fine. In June, my mom made and shipped us a ton, including several Chiefs and Royals masks along with some Star Wars cloth masks for me, which I use nearly every time.

That said, I couldn’t care less about wearing a mask.
Frazod 03:59 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’ve been wearing a mask in public since early March and even though I’ve been out in public about 50 times (not including hikes and cycling), I have several in my car because I inadvertently forget that I need to wear a mask in public.

My wife initially bought us some thick cloth masks, which work fine. In June, my mom made and shipped us a ton, including several Chiefs and Royals masks along with some Star Wars cloth masks for me, which I use nearly every time.

That said, I couldn’t care less about wearing a mask.
I have one cloth mask that I keep in the car at all times. It's the only one I've worn. I haven't gone anywhere that I've needed to wear it more than a few minutes at a time. Still, it annoys the shit out of me; primarily because it makes my glasses fog up. Perhaps I should buy one that has a better fit. But I keep putting that off because I keep hoping this shit will end.
neech 04:01 PM 08-16-2020
Donger says the mask hides his dick breathe so he's all for it
suzzer99 04:08 PM 08-16-2020

Watch this and tell me masks don't make a difference with small breath droplets (which is how we now know the majority of covid spread happens).
Page 17 of 29
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up