ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 40
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:41 PM 10-10-2016
Truth hurts, so make it personal, tiger.

Sad.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:42 PM 10-10-2016
Tiger knows it was a mistake not drafting a young qb that could lead this offense for years.

He just doesn't want to admit it. He finds Alex too sexy.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:12 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by ASS11:
The Raiders have plenty of cap room though.

The Chiefs cap situation is horrible.
bump for truth. shit, this isnt my conspiracy board. wrong thread :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:15 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
If you had a brain you would be able to extrapolate that Carrs cap hit becomes substantial which means other positions will suffer and the raiders will have to gamble on the next two drafts to alleviate major voids in order to retain him. Just like Seattle had to part ways with many key players over the last two seasons as pro bowlers moved on to veteran contracts. Even Khalil will become a 14 million a year hit as he's currently paid a third of his value on the veteran market.

The difference is, Oakland doesn't draft nearly as well as Seattle/Carroll. Raiders have thru next year to make a move, then all hell breaks loose
and if YOU had a brain, you would realize oakland will lock him up for the fifth year, and renegotiate for a team friendly contract over ten years (you heard that right :-)). and you forget too, its del rio as coach, not art shell. i have always hated the raiders, but they have 'T-Rumped' the chiefs the last two years.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:18 AM 10-11-2016
Charles and/or Berry are more likely gone instead of Smith.
We are in very good shape going into 2017, a lot of draft picks to make too
i would keep charles over smith. his yards per rush is greater than alex's yards per pass :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:20 AM 10-11-2016
We have the vast majority of impact players under contract and we can easily lose one between Charles/Poe/Berry and fill the void with the draft. Then you can make another easy pick between Colquitt/ Mauga / Bailey for an extra few million. Even more to be made if you release another one between Albert , DAT and Davis. And then the salary cap goes up too. And have you considered that we will roll over 7 million??

Considering how many posts you have on here, you literally have zero clue about football and it's pathetic.
you are scraping the bottom. look who is in the top three: new england. if there is one thing i noticed, is that kc and new england play the same type of football. heavy on the tight ends, and screens. what separates the two of these two teams aside from salary cap?
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:59 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
and if YOU had a brain, you would realize oakland will lock him up for the fifth year, and renegotiate for a team friendly contract over ten years (you heard that right :-)). and you forget too, its del rio as coach, not art shell. i have always hated the raiders, but they have 'T-Rumped' the chiefs the last two years.
Its been a hard past decade but the last 3 years was the worst watching the Raiders dump players to the bare minimum while the Cheaps and Donks win...
Raiders haven't won shit this year and may not even make the playoffs unless they can fix that D but they will be very competitive for many years... It's a different culture, in the past no one wanted to play for Oakland , now it's a sexy place to go even if its a shit hole stadium... To the Raiders credit though they did build a state of the art workout facility for the players ...

Mark Davis got the hell out of the way and let Reggie do the thinking...
[Reply]
OctoberFart 07:42 AM 10-11-2016
Well most of this board wouldn't trade smith for him. Pull that thread up. He sucks and isn't very good despite his stats the board told me all off season. Not sure why KC would have drafted him since that would be drafting and developing a QB.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 07:47 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Raiders got sooooo sooo lucky to be able to get Mack with their first pick and Carr with their second... I could not believe Carr would still be there ... Granted I had no idea he would be this good either... One of my favorite QB's on the Raiders was Bruce Gradkowski... Carr reminds me of a more polished Gradkowski... I am far less worried about 50 yard big plays from the Chiefs than I am with Rivers but I am concerned about Kelce a bit eating us up... I don't expect the Chiefs to be able to handle our WR's or get to Carr with much pressure. The Cheaps are successful but you guys have to be the most boring team in the NFL ...

Somebody start a Raiders Week Thread
These homers here have were telling me just last year that Mack sucks and Carr is overrated. They also didn't like the article where Cooper was shown burning Peters repeatedly. Can't wait for that battle.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:36 AM 10-11-2016
The Raiders found their guy and are proving that without a QB you will suck. Carr no longer is messing up the second half of games. Their defense has not played well and he is the reason they win. Alex is the reason we lose. He's the reason our offense sucks balls and has for three years.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:26 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
And who are you? You think Carr's agent is going to let him play on a discount for an extra year?? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:35 AM 10-11-2016
And who are you? You think Carr's agent is going to let him play on a discount for an extra year?? :-)
Why is this relevant?

The Raiders have over 40 million in cap room for 2017 and and nearly 90 million going into 2018.

The can also cut Michael Crabtree, Donald Penn and Aldon Smith, who has been disappointing, and save another $19 million. Likely they will offer Crabtree a long term contract, as he has flourished in the absence of Alex Smith, cut the two others, and still save about $15 million. That's $55 million in cap room. They will have absolutely no problem signing anyone AND getting Carr locked up.

They are loaded and the future is extremely bright.
[Reply]
dls6501 11:42 AM 10-11-2016
If you had a brain you would be able to extrapolate that Carrs cap hit becomes substantial which means other positions will suffer and the raiders will have to gamble on the next two drafts to alleviate major voids in order to retain him. Just like Seattle had to part ways with many key players over the last two seasons as pro bowlers moved on to veteran contracts. Even Khalil will become a 14 million a year hit as he's currently paid a third of his value on the veteran market.

The difference is, Oakland doesn't draft nearly as well as Seattle/Carroll. Raiders have thru next year to make a move, then all hell breaks loose
You have no goddamn idea what you are talking about, its ridiculous.

Look at the Seahawks draft over the last 3+ years. They hardly have any of their drafted players left, let alone actually playing well. You continue to spew out nonsense and present it as fact.
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:46 AM 10-11-2016
Imagine if Josh Gordon gets his life together and signs a cheap deal with the raiders
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:55 AM 10-11-2016
Originally Posted by dls6501:
You have no goddamn idea what you are talking about, its ridiculous.

Look at the Seahawks draft over the last 3+ years. They hardly have any of their drafted players left, let alone actually playing well. You continue to spew out nonsense and present it as fact.
Explain how they went to the Superbowl twice if they didn't draft well. :-)

They got Kam, Wilson, Kearse, Baldwin And RW in later rounds
[Reply]
Page 17 of 40
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up