ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Tonka83 01:48 PM 08-18-2020
I haven't listened to the radio for years. Between streaming 30+ gigs of music on my phone and Sirius, I just never had the need to. I recently started listening to KY-102 out of St. Joe through Alexa here at work and I feel like I'm a teenager again. That station brings back so many good memories. Not too many commercials to ruin it yet.
Deberg_1990 02:09 PM 08-18-2020
Whatever happened to Limp Bizkit?
neech 05:08 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
They got knocked the f**k out.
Bearcat 06:39 PM 08-18-2020
They merged with Beastie Boys to make the worst music in the history of the world.... Limp Boys.
Marcellus 08:20 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They merged with Beastie Boys to make the worst music in the history of the world.... Limp Boys.
You shut your whore mouth and keep the Beastie Boys name out of it!!
Pitt Gorilla 12:34 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. :-)
Baby Lee 12:57 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agreed. BTW, did you see the doc on Apple +? It was fantastic. It was weird watching two old jewish guys talk about the beastie boys, though. :-)
Mental image of that interview

via Gfycat

Marcellus 10:03 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yes, I did watch it. I think it was nominated for several awards. Its very cool.
Bearcat 09:44 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Heh... isn't their entire existence centered around making shitty music?

Not trying to be funny, but thought I had read something along those lines.

As much as I don't care for the song though, I did appreciate the whole Kelce thing, as it's like the most Midwest thing possible, especially given how long Arrowhead stuck with 80s/90s rock (and still play plenty of it, of course). It was very fitting, even if the song sucks balls. :-)
Marcellus 10:07 AM 08-19-2020
Heh... isn't their entire existence centered around making shitty music?

Not trying to be funny, but thought I had read something along those lines.

As much as I don't care for the song though, I did appreciate the whole Kelce thing, as it's like the most Midwest thing possible, especially given how long Arrowhead stuck with 80s/90s rock (and still play plenty of it, of course). It was very fitting, even if the song sucks balls. :-)
Too many people associate Beastie Boys with their first album only which isn't that uncommon. The first album is mainly just silly kind of jock rap.

They made a lot of really cool creative funky music later. There is wee bit of junk mixed in but they put out a lot of different stuff.
suzzer99 11:37 AM 08-19-2020
Interesting, and that's probably true about me.

What are a few examples of their later/better stuff that I can check out?
Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head are two of my favorite all time albums. Paul's is #1.
suzzer99 07:19 PM 08-18-2020
They did it all for the nookie. When the nookie went away, so did they.
Lzen 02:24 PM 08-18-2020
Candlebox, Foo Fighters.

I could go all day.

Bug, WTF is wrong with you?
Bugeater 02:49 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Candlebox, Foo Fighters.

I could go all day.

Bug, WTF is wrong with you?
I'm old. And cranky. And why are you on my goddamn lawn?
Bearcat 02:57 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I'm old. And cranky. And why are you on my goddamn lawn?
Heh, I was about to respond, "he's old"... I mean, if I grew up with any decade's music prior to the 90s, I may very well not have appreciated the likes of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

Originally Posted by Lzen:
Oh rly? :-)
Yeah? :-)

I used an aux jack and iPod for years because I had a car that was just a bit too old for all of the fancy things and never bothered to upgrade my options from aux and CDs.... it did at least play mp3 CDs, too, which hold a couple hundred songs IIRC.

A built in HD for all of my music is perfect though.
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up