ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 313
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
Dante84 10:23 AM 08-09-2021
It's literally only one trait that seems to give Brown trouble, and that's speed around the outside. Bull rushes, inside, double moves he seems to have taken care of.

That's something they can work on, or plan around. At this point I'm not too worried.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:23 AM 08-09-2021
I'll be concerned with Brown if he's getting consistently beaten when the real bullets fly.

I wouldn't put too much stock in 1v1's since the OL is at a serious disadvantage there. It's not indicative of real football results.

I'd also note that it looks like they're having Brown work on handling those speed rushes to the outside, as that's what seemingly every DL has attacked him with. Suffice to say, the Chiefs probably aren't worried about his ability to handle a bullrush or anything to the inside, thus in practice they're throwing outside speed rushes at him.

With that said, it's still nice to see him win reps. He's been the least hyped starting lineman this camp.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:24 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
It's literally only one trait that seems to give Brown trouble, and that's speed around the outside. Bull rushes, inside, double moves he seems to have taken care of.

That's something they can work on, or plan around. At this point I'm not too worried.
Heh, beat me to it. But yes, it looks like the Chiefs are throwing outside speed rushes at him because, well...it's what he needs to work on.
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 08-09-2021
For one group to be successful the other has to be beaten in training camp.

It's been pretty even. Thats good news for the defense. I'm excited.

I'm not "worried" about the OL at this point. It was always gonna take time.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:28 AM 08-09-2021

Yeah, I’m sure Reid will have a plan for it.

Remember a few years back when Dee Ford kept abusing Andre Smith with the Cardinals? It was the same thing over and over and over.

Reid won’t let that happen.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:29 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t even understand where all this concern is coming from.

The guy got beat like the first day in pads by Chris Jones. So what? This place goes full retard during camp.
I put 0 stock into any camp reports I'm not concerned about Beown at all. I just thought it was a puzzling statement as LT is the most important position on the line.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:32 AM 08-09-2021
On some of those speed rushes where it LOOKS like Brown lost quickly, look again. In a real football situation, Brown forced that guy around, keeping the pocket clean.

Some of those reps there, the defender actually woulda ran himself out of the play.

It may look bad in a 1v1, but in actual football, Brown is likely keeping that guy away long enough for Mahomes to make a play.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:33 AM 08-09-2021
Glad to hear the defense winning some days and not just being railroaded by the offense
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:33 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I put 0 stock into any camp reports I'm not concerned about Beown at all. I just thought it was a puzzling statement as LT is the most important position on the line.
I won’t speak for him, but I think his intention was that if Orlando Brown Jr is our worst starting O lineman then we’re in pretty good shape.

Since Brown is at least somewhat proven, then that means those other guys are really performing well.

That’s how I read it at least.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
On some of those speed rushes where it LOOKS like Brown lost quickly, look again. In a real football situation, Brown forced that guy around, keeping the pocket clean.

Some of those reps there, the defender actually woulda ran himself out of the play.

It may look bad in a 1v1, but in actual football, Brown is likely keeping that guy away long enough for Mahomes to make a play.
Exactly. Most of those reps from today would absolutely be considered wins on game day.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:36 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

That was my thought. He's CONSISTENTLY getting beat...which could mean he's actually doing it right and we can't tell cuz it's one on one, and shitty cell phone video with no depth perception.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:41 AM 08-09-2021
With a mobile QB like Mahomes it looks like a change in philosophy on the OL.

Don't get beat right in front (guard-center-guard) and tackles just need to not get him blasted right away.

If someone has to take a long arc to Mahomes around Orlando Brown it's too easy for Mahomes to step up up or around and fire.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 08-09-2021
Not sure where to put this.

Sign her Veach!

Give the Dodgers ballgirl the absolute MAX.

20 years, 500 million. Fuck it. pic.twitter.com/K7HuH8p6qK

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) August 8, 2021

[Reply]
Kiimo 11:02 AM 08-09-2021

I'm glad Kemp is blowing up camp because I have to be honest everything from Powell looks...too slow
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:08 AM 08-09-2021
I hope Devon Key balls out in the preseason games.
That kid is sharp as a tack. He said he joined KC because Andy Reid called him after they ran out of picks. That made an impression on him.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 313
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218268 > Last »
Up