ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 258
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:05 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
For the last month i've been saying NOT to take a WR with the first pick, dumb ****.
No you haven't
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:06 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'll ask you a similar question: Who did the Chiefs NOT pay that you think should have been paid? How much should the Chiefs have given them?
For the Chiefs, no players that have been signed as FAs so far.

We’ve made the right decisions on OBJ, Juan, Khalen, etc.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:07 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I didn't say there's no way - I said it's damn hard and the juice doesn't justify the squeeze. The risk/reward involved just doesn't add up.

Moreover, I specifically cited the cap as the REASON it's difficult - so you reference the uncapped year?

Um...okay. Really knocking it out of the park with that rebuttal...
My assistant is out today.

Cut me some slack.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:09 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
No you haven't
Yes i have. Not that i'd actually expect you to read with all that cum in your eyes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:09 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
My assistant is out today.

Cut me some slack.
Wait, so your assistant is who usually posts for you on CP? You need to fire your assistant.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I really hate to say it, but Juan is kind of right. I'm shocked at the lack of money being spent, especially with all the new TV contract cash about to start flowing. There seems to be a deliberate attempt to drive prices down on starting caliber players. Compared to the deals that were flowing last year and all the seasons in the past, the market seems really weak. Prices on players usually steadily go up every offseason, and they seem to have taken a nose dive this year.

Not that I necessarily have a problem with it, but there definitely seems to be some collusion going on. You can't tell me all these teams suddenly figured out after 35 years of free agency that it's dumb to throw too much money at average starters.
Look at the NBA for comparison here.

In 2016 the NBA had a new TV rights deal kick in and suddenly the cap went from $63 million in 2014 to $94 million in 2016. Essentially a 50% increase in 2 seasons (and a 40% increase in a single season).

Did teams piss away a bunch of money in 2015 knowing the cap would explode in '16? Nope - they sat on it because they knew that revenues leaguewide were about to explode and they didn't want to have to go into a 2016 FA market with $2 million and a pack of chewing gum when everyone else was holding $25 million in runaround money.

Now SOME teams did try to leapfrog the market by being aggressive in 2015 knowing that they really didn't want to get in the middle of a bidding war in '16 with everyone holding full coffers. But those were smaller market teams like the Spurs and Cavs. And really, the small/large market distinction just doesn't apply in the NFL.

History tells us that many teams will actually try to keep powder dry AHEAD of a major cap explosion rather than spend up to it. And that's not collusion - it's simply savvy cap management.

Now that all went up in a puff of smoke in '16 when all those teams spent money like it was water. Suddenly Timofey Mozgov is getting $20 million/season. Luol Deng got something like $65 million to play 80 more career games.

Teams will be stupid again soon enough, but what you're seeing right now is them PREPARING to be stupid later.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:15 PM 03-20-2023
Yes i have. Not that i'd actually expect you to read with all that cum in your eyes.
Well why don't you shoot it somewhere else if u want me to read your posts?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wait, so your assistant is who usually posts for you on CP? You need to fire your assistant.
His assistant is on vacation.

In Belize.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:23 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
For the Chiefs, no players that have been signed as FAs so far.

We’ve made the right decisions on OBJ, Juan, Khalen, etc.
So, the Chiefs aren't colluding; it's everybody else?

Let me remind everyone that Allen Lazard (yes, THAT Allen Lazard) just got $44 million.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:24 PM 03-20-2023
Ugliest WR room since the Donnie Avery/AJ Jenkins/Jason Avant WR room.
I'm sure Veach has something planned. He can't be confident with this WR group. He's not stupid. That said, we only need to replace Juju. The other receivers from the SB are still here.

Week 1 is a long way from now. If this WR core doesn't change from now until then, I'll be more nervous.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Look at the NBA for comparison here.

In 2016 the NBA had a new TV rights deal kick in and suddenly the cap went from $63 million in 2014 to $94 million in 2016. Essentially a 50% increase in 2 seasons (and a 40% increase in a single season).

Did teams piss away a bunch of money in 2015 knowing the cap would explode in '16? Nope - they sat on it because they knew that revenues leaguewide were about to explode and they didn't want to have to go into a 2016 FA market with $2 million and a pack of chewing gum when everyone else was holding $25 million in runaround money.

Now SOME teams did try to leapfrog the market by being aggressive in 2015 knowing that they really didn't want to get in the middle of a bidding war in '16 with everyone holding full coffers. But those were smaller market teams like the Spurs and Cavs. And really, the small/large market distinction just doesn't apply in the NFL.

History tells us that many teams will actually try to keep powder dry AHEAD of a major cap explosion rather than spend up to it. And that's not collusion - it's simply savvy cap management.

Now that all went up in a puff of smoke in '16 when all those teams spent money like it was water. Suddenly Timofey Mozgov is getting $20 million/season. Luol Deng got something like $65 million to play 80 more career games.

Teams will be stupid again soon enough, but what you're seeing right now is them PREPARING to be stupid later.
Bismack Biyombo got $17 million per year for averaging 5.5 pts/game. It was perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen outside of trading/paying fat rus.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:29 PM 03-20-2023

Let me remind everyone that Allen Lazard (yes, THAT Allen Lazard) just got $44 million.
For anyone that doesn't think Aaron Rodgers cares about his teammates I point to this...Aaron got this man paid
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:31 PM 03-20-2023

It seems that most of the top WRs available got 11/year.

3/33, 4/44. If they offer OBJ a 2/22 it puts him in with the other top FA WRs. Nothing to be ashamed about there. Maybe thats where it lands.

Im hoping its like 2/20 with an easy out after one if it doesnt work but a second year of control if he blows up.

If Veach gets him for any less, thats a huge bonus!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03-20-2023, 02:31 PM
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut.
DenverChief 02:36 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I'm sure Veach has something planned. He can't be confident with this WR group. He's not stupid. That said, we only need to replace Juju. The other receivers from the SB are still here.

Week 1 is a long way from now. If this WR core doesn't change from now until then, I'll be more nervous.
Agreed - it is nice to hypothesize and fantasy team it but he has a plan and its a doozy I'm sure.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 03-20-2023
Bismack Biyombo got $17 million per year for averaging 5.5 pts/game. It was perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen outside of trading/paying fat rus.
And history says it wasn't even one of the 15 worst deals given out that year.

Chandler Parsons got $95 million and played 100 shitty games over 4 years for a total of 1.2 win shares. That had to be the worst.

I think the Lakers w/ Deng and Mozgov own 2 and 3. $130 some odd million for 2 guys who played like 120 games combined. Mozgov was so bad the Lakers had to attach Russell to him just to get him off the books.

Those were the clear top 3 in terms of raw awfulness, IMO. The rest were either shorter term, lower $$ or at least the team got SOME value out of the guys in question.

But yeah, the summer of 2016 has gone down in sports lore as teams just tripping over themselves fuck up worse than their competitors.
[Reply]
Page 168 of 258
« First < 68118158164165166167168 169170171172178218 > Last »
Up