ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 167 of 270
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:06 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Doesn't feel like a Veach thing to do.
I think they'd do what they did for McDuffie....so if Johnston or say Addison is sliding a bit it could happen.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:06 PM 03-23-2023
Just, please don't pass on Zay Flowers for a RB....

heh.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:07 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's pretty obvious if this is what it is, WR is far and away the biggest hole.
Either way, I'm not at all for drafting for need in the 1st.

They just need to make sure they come away with one early, it doesn't have to be the 1st.

Trade up in the 2nd if you have to, but don't pidgeonhole yourself into taking the best WR available.

Anyways, Veach never does that, so I'm pretty sure they will add a vet one way or another, even if the guy they are targeting comes after the draft.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:09 PM 03-23-2023
I think they'd do what they did for McDuffie....so if Johnston or say Addison is sliding a bit it could happen.
A WR in the first round . . . seems strange to think about.:-)
[Reply]
O.city 05:09 PM 03-23-2023
Trade our 2nd for Hopkins and worry about a wr next year
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:11 PM 03-23-2023
If I see one more post about how we must take an OT in the 1st this year my brain will explode...

I've seen it over and over, it hurts. I'll make sure to save the new ones but I don't want to take the time to go back over the old ones.
Agreed. We can find good OTs in the mid to late rounds in the draft, and we can find bandaids. We just need to do a better job at finding one. Way way easier to find a quality RT this way than a WR1, as we’ve seen
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:15 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Trade our 2nd for Hopkins and worry about a wr next year
I kind of like this idea. I mean, what are the pot odds that we'll draft a ready-to-go WR in the 2nd this year? They can't be that good, based entirely on precedent, right?

Trade the 2nd rd pick and acquire DHop who will be able to step in and make a difference from Day 1, if we were just going to roll the dice on another 2nd round WR. Seems logical enough.

Still doubt ARI would want the 64th pick in exchange for Hopkins, but pretend they will.

We get instant production, instead of hoping that history doesn't repeat itself.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:15 PM 03-23-2023
Someone with a smelly QB and lots of cap. Will be home to the new flavor of the month
[Reply]
KCJake 05:26 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Just, please don't pass on Zay Flowers for a RB....

heh.
Whatever man. You thought Mahomes was gonna suck. Your opinion doesn't mean sh!t for the rest of your days.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:28 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Whatever man. You thought Mahomes was gonna suck. Your opinion doesn't mean shit for the rest of your days.
:-)

Who the fuck are you and why you making shit up?

You're pulling my chain, right? You must be.

[Reply]

Woogieman 05:30 PM 03-23-2023
[QUOTE=Mecca;16872230]

This is at least interesting.

Leaving out Hill, the rooks (Conley, Brown, Robinson, Chesson, Wilson, Smith, Hardman, Powell) have not shown a lot of development/growth.

Even the ones with some success pretty much stayed who they were from rookie to departure. https://t.co/mQxV6AIjcG

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) March 23, 2023

But...none went elsewhere and improved in ther "2nd chances" either. I think it demonstrates the elite physical traits necessary to be a productive WR rather than shortcoming of the staff. Of the above, Hardman of course was a bit disappointing as a 2nd rnder, but is jut too slight. Chris Conley was the one that had the size and expectations (3rd rnd) to have improved to a solid 3.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 05:36 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Doesn't feel like a Veach thing to do.
Veach knows the team needs a top receiver not named Kelce who doesn’t have injury concerns. All I’m saying is with the draft in KC I can easily see it happening.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:43 PM 03-23-2023
[QUOTE=Woogieman;16872340]

But...none went elsewhere and improved in ther "2nd chances" either. I think it demonstrates the elite physical traits necessary to be a productive WR rather than shortcoming of the staff. Of the above, Hardman of course was a bit disappointing as a 2nd rnder, but is jut too slight. Chris Conley was the one that had the size and expectations (3rd rnd) to have improved to a solid 3.
I think it points to the chiefs needing to get way way way better at finding WRs in the draft. We just haven’t been very good at it outside of hill. Let’s hope so. We were also really bad at finding OL and then we got red hot finding trey and creed in the same draft. Same with LB. But it starts first with shooting for an actual WR1 instead of arguably focusing recently on guys who fit a role
[Reply]
Woogieman 05:48 PM 03-23-2023
[QUOTE=chiefzilla1501;16872362]
Originally Posted by Woogieman:

I think it points to the chiefs needing to get way way way better at finding WRs in the draft. We just haven’t been very good at it outside of hill. Let’s hope so. We were also really bad at finding OL and then we got red hot finding trey and creed in the same draft. Same with LB. But it starts first with shooting for an actual WR1 instead of arguably focusing recently on guys who fit a role
Agree, time to take a swing. The Chiefs have been pretty lucky with Hill and Kelce dominating for a relatively long period. Time to restock the cupboard.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Mulliganman:
Veach knows the team needs a top receiver not named Kelce who doesn’t have injury concerns. All I’m saying is with the draft in KC I can easily see it happening.
Or, Veach could be saying to himself, "we've got Toney, MVS and Skyy as our top WRs, and we expect big things from them, so all I need to do in this draft is get another role-player, develop him, and we're good!"

I don't believe that, but it's possible. I guess we'll know when he drafts whoever in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Page 167 of 270
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177217267 > Last »
Up