ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 167 of 192
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Skyy God 04:42 PM 01-12-2022
OBJ clearly likes it here in KC.

I could see him taking slightly less to stay.
[Reply]
O.city 04:44 PM 01-12-2022
I think you're probably gonna have to invest in a pass rusher at some point as Clark is done here. Ideally, that's in the draft, but if you could pry a Derek Barnett or Davenport away for a pick, do that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:44 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
OBJ clearly likes it here in KC.

I could see him taking slightly less to stay.
I think there's a stronger "Fuck you" factor than we realize w/ Stanley's deal.

I think getting a bigger contract than Staley is important to him. But his comfort level here is also why I think a 6 year deal gets it done. And you may not even need to give him Stanley's AAV if you beat his overall number.

So if you can give him 6/$110, he's passed Stanley's total contract value and essentially locked himself into a place that he seems to enjoy playing, at the position he wants to play, for the bulk of the remainder of his career.

He may take a little less, but I bet he wants to get a bigger deal than the guy that took 'his' job in Baltimore.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:48 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you're probably gonna have to invest in a pass rusher at some point as Clark is done here. Ideally, that's in the draft, but if you could pry a Derek Barnett or Davenport away for a pick, do that.
They honestly need more than one. The edge position is pretty bare for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:51 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They honestly need more than one. The edge position is pretty bare for the Chiefs.
I'd go 'full Veach' on this draft if the board fell how I wanted it to.

2 DLs in the first 3 rounds. Hell, gimme 3 in 4 if necessary.

Fix this damn defensive line. Get some youth in there and actually invest in it. You can't be scared off by the Speaks disaster or the K-Pass miscalculation. And yes, counterintuitively it seems like DL is hard as hell to scout for the next level.

But if you got even 80% the returns on a concerted DL rebuild that they got on the OL, you'd be in fantastic shape headed forward.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:56 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Given my druthers, I'd much rather sign a proven young vet... all drafting is a crapshoot, but D line is one of the biggest of them all

But yes, drafting someone is always a good idea as well
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:04 PM 01-12-2022
You tag him regardless of how negotiations play out, right? Gives you an extra year at ~14 million.

Edit: NVM, conflated the tag with the 5th year option in my head.
[Reply]
O.city 05:09 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd go 'full Veach' on this draft if the board fell how I wanted it to.

2 DLs in the first 3 rounds. Hell, gimme 3 in 4 if necessary.

Fix this damn defensive line. Get some youth in there and actually invest in it. You can't be scared off by the Speaks disaster or the K-Pass miscalculation. And yes, counterintuitively it seems like DL is hard as hell to scout for the next level.

But if you got even 80% the returns on a concerted DL rebuild that they got on the OL, you'd be in fantastic shape headed forward.
Thing is wiht regards to DL, that seems to be a nice spot to find a couple decent vets for not alot of $.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:20 PM 01-12-2022
Fuck DL, it's time to invest some real draft capital in the WR position.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:22 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We can do both.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:22 PM 01-12-2022
I’d be completely fine with WR and DE (2x) being our first 3 picks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:25 PM 01-12-2022
**** DL, it's time to invest some real draft capital in the WR position.
We need both. I'd love to know where the injured Bama receivers are going to fall.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:33 PM 01-12-2022
Poles or Bieniemy need to get fucking hired. I'm totally gonna go Inception on these dumbass owners/GMs if they start hiring more Joe Judges and Brandon Staleys over EB.

Get those extra two 3rd rounders. Get your DE, get your WR.

And we're gonna need to get a decent safety. We're getting thin back there. I'm fucking tired of seeing Sorensen, and if we do happen to move on from him this season, it could get even fucking worse than Sorensen if we have Zayne take his place.

And obviously if we let Mathieu walk, we're in even deeper shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:34 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We need both. I'd love to know where the injured Bama receivers are going to fall.
It beats drafting Georgia WRs.

They're starting to become synonymous with Penn State RBs from the 80s and 90s at this rate.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 05:47 PM 01-12-2022
The thing about the tag is that while it is a big chunk of change, it's a fixed and finite cost. It's much easier to budget around that than a multi-year deal and they already have a ton of deals they have to get done.

I'm not going to be disappointed if they sign him long-term. I just think the tag makes more sense right now.
This is what I’d like to do. I’d like to see him as LT for another year before going multiple years. For some reason I thought last year that meant like a cap number around $16 million or so…
[Reply]
Page 167 of 192
« First < 67117157163164165166167 168169170171177 > Last »
Up