ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 192
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:58 PM 01-12-2022
At this point, it's about the total price tag. You aren't going to make Orlando Brown one of the highest paid tackles in the league. It's not time for that yet.

This team has a lot of work to do with money in the offseason. I'm still of mindset that you tag Brown, work out a deal with Matthieu that's equitable for both sides, and get rid of Clark.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:01 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
At this point, it's about the total price tag. You aren't going to make Orlando Brown one of the highest paid tackles in the league. It's not time for that yet.

This team has a lot of work to do with money in the offseason. I'm still of mindset that you tag Brown, work out a deal with Matthieu that's equitable for both sides, and get rid of both Clark and Hitchens.
Fixed that for you.
[Reply]
O.city 04:04 PM 01-12-2022
Thing is, even if you make him the highest paid LT, that's gonna last for an season at most til it's the next guys turn. Is he the best LT in the league? No. Is he a really good young LT? Yeah.

And those are hard as shit to find. So once you find one, you keep him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:13 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fixed that for you.
Isn't Hitchens already on the last year of his deal?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:15 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thing is, even if you make him the highest paid LT, that's gonna last for an season at most til it's the next guys turn. Is he the best LT in the league? No. Is he a really good young LT? Yeah.

This scenario is almost EXACTLY why the NFL created the franchise tag. I'm not suggesting letting him go but having him play one year on the tag gives the team flexibility in handling other money issues in 2022 and then worrying about Brown when it's easier to absorb.

Frank Clark is the beaver dam that's holding back the entire creek. They have to move him before they do anything else, IMO.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:17 PM 01-12-2022
One year left. Signed a 5 year deal.

His Dead Cap is like $4.2 million if we cut him.
[Reply]
O.city 04:18 PM 01-12-2022
This scenario is almost EXACTLY why the NFL created the franchise tag. I'm not suggesting letting him go but having him play one year on the tag gives the team flexibility in handling other money issues in 2022 and then worrying about Brown when it's easier to absorb.

Frank Clark is the beaver dam that's holding back the entire creek. They have to move him before they do anything else, IMO.
The tag just eats up such a big chunk that can't be moved around. It gives you another year to make sure I suppose though, but IMO, on these things, the sooner you can get it done the better longterm.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:19 PM 01-12-2022
Nope.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:21 PM 01-12-2022
Pretty brutal when you're looking at a WR, LT and safety who all want to be paid the most in the NFL. Although Mathieu's stock has been dropping a bit lately.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:29 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
One year left. Signed a 5 year deal.

His Dead Cap is like $4.2 million if we cut him.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nope.
Then move on. I just assumed he was gone anyway.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:31 PM 01-12-2022
The tag just eats up such a big chunk that can't be moved around. It gives you another year to make sure I suppose though, but IMO, on these things, the sooner you can get it done the better longterm.
The thing about the tag is that while it is a big chunk of change, it's a fixed and finite cost. It's much easier to budget around that than a multi-year deal and they already have a ton of deals they have to get done.

I'm not going to be disappointed if they sign him long-term. I just think the tag makes more sense right now.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:31 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Pretty brutal when you're looking at a WR, LT and safety who all want to be paid the most in the NFL. Although Mathieu's stock has been dropping a bit lately.
Easy decision though if you can only keep 2 of the 3.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:36 PM 01-12-2022

I'd go ahead and make him the 2nd highest paid T in the league.

Trent Williams is the highest; $23 million for 6 years. But Trent Williams is an alien. He's just amazing at everything. Pass, run, power, speed - there are NO answers to Trent Williams. He's the most dominant OT since Pace.

After him comes Ronnie Staley at 5 yrs/$19.75 milion/season. He signed his deal at 26 yrs old.

I'd give Brown the same AAV as Stanley over 6 years to get it done. The caps gonna keep going up and Stanley signed his deal in the flat cap year. As it rises, salaries will as well. I'd prefer not go with a $22 million/season sort of AAV so if adding a 6th year gets him over $100 million and has him ahead of Stanley in total contract value, that works for me.

The stability is as critical as anything. This line is so good and so young - just lock the damn thing up for the next 3 years and be done with it. You can poke around w/ developmental RTs that could replace Niang in the next couple seasons and you buy all kinds of time to deal with the interior as Thuney gets expensive and Humphrey/Smith need new deals.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Easy decision though if you can only keep 2 of the 3.
Got another year on Tyreek's deal plus a tag season if necessary.

There isn't a huge rush to get him done, IMO. If something comes together - outstanding. If not, that's tolerable as well.
[Reply]
O.city 04:41 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd go ahead and make him the 2nd highest paid T in the league.

Trent Williams is the highest; $23 million for 6 years. But Trent Williams is an alien. He's just amazing at everything. Pass, run, power, speed - there are NO answers to Trent Williams. He's the most dominant OT since Pace.

After him comes Ronnie Staley at 5 yrs/$19.75 milion/season. He signed his deal at 26 yrs old.

I'd give Brown the same AAV as Staley over 6 years to get it done. The caps gonna keep going up and Staley signed his deal in the flat cap year. As it rises, salaries will as well. I'd prefer not go with a $22 million/season sort of AAV so if adding a 6th year gets him over $100 million and has him ahead of Staley in total contract value, that works for me.

The stability is as critical as anything. This line is so good and so young - just lock the damn thing up for the next 3 years and be done with it. You can poke around w/ developmental RTs that could replace Niang in the next couple seasons and you buy all kinds of time to deal with the interior as Thuney gets expensive and Humphrey/Smith need new deals.
That's my biggest reason, you get this whole young OL locked up for a while. I'd like to see Niang take the RT spot, but dude just has bad injury luck. I would probably poke around in the draft this year in the mid rounds for a T prospect that maybe needs some seasoning.

Other than that, just roll forward with it locked up.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 192
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176 > Last »
Up