ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 189
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What strains of weed are you currently smoking?
Coochie liquor 06:14 PM 11-07-2014
Since we have a what are you drinking thread, I think we need a what strain are you smoking thread. Hope it's not a Q.

I'll start. I've got 2 kinds currently 1) Cherry Berry, which is a cross between Berry White and Cherry Kush 2) some fire ass Blue Dream. Hard to pick which I like better but leaning towards Cherry Berry. All the Berry White strains I've had are funk!!
[Reply]
penguinz 01:49 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Do you ever go off of smell alone?
Nope. I have had plenty that smelled great and was shit and have had even more that smelled like hay but hit hard.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:52 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Do you realize how much those numbers are fudged? Breeders and dispensaries paying a little extra on the side to labs to get the best numbers for them. I could go on and on. What lab? Is the sample from the same plant you are getting? Which FTR is highly doubtful. Were there any issues during their growth? Has there been any genetic drift? The questions become endless

Those numbers are there for the to give the buyer a sense of what they are getting. It's more marketing than anything else. I wouldn't put much weight into it I were you.
Of course the numbers are not 100% accurate. I don't care about THC percentage as unless you are just looking to get fucked up it really isn't the key thing for medicinal use.

Types of terps and other cannabinoids and their ratios it much more important.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:05 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Nope. I have had plenty that smelled great and was shit and have had even more that smelled like hay but hit hard.
I am a flavor guy anyway. I chase flavors. I don't smoke weed that tastes like hay, no matter how hard it hits. Too many good flavors out there than to subject yourself to gag on some nasty flavor.

More times than not if it smells like hay it wasn't dried and cured correctly anyway. Mostly because it was dried too fast. You see a lot of Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona cannabis suffer because of this very issue.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:18 PM 03-13-2023
Of course the numbers are not 100% accurate. I don't care about THC percentage as unless you are just looking to get fucked up it really isn't the key thing for medicinal use.

Types of terps and other cannabinoids and their ratios it much more important.
The same sample wouldn't even give the same results between different labs. The advertised numbers are mainly a marketing ploy.

Something that is slightly different but on a related note to the consumer. Wait till the research Robert C. Clarke has done becomes mainstream that there really is no cannabis indica genotype and there is only Cannabis Sativa and Indica is nothing more than a phenotype of Sativa. That will be interesting to see how those numbers and effects get reevaluated and how the medical sales people evolve their sales tactics.
[Reply]
Katipan 02:26 PM 03-13-2023
The industry as a whole has been ready to get rid of the sativa indica question for years.

#1 question Budtenders hate.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:32 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:
The industry as a whole has been ready to get rid of the sativa indica question for years.

Ever since I got my card, I've been trying to differentiate between the 2. Honestly, I can't tell the difference, so I go with the hybrid unless there's a particular strain I want to try.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:33 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:

Been banging that drum for years. Not a budtender though.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:36 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Ever since I got my card, I've been trying to differentiate between the 2. Honestly, I can't tell the difference, so I go with the hybrid unless there's a particular strain I want to try.
Most are hybrids. Welcome to modern day cannabis. Pure landraces need some work to become commercially viable.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:40 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
There really is no difference. Take a full Sativa and a full Indica and extract the THC to its pure form and it is the exact same compound.

It is the Terp profile and other cannabinoids that determine the in the couch vs energetic strains. Not indica vs sativa.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:44 PM 03-13-2023
There really is no difference. Take a full Sativa and a full Indica and extract the THC to its pure form and it is the exact same compound.

It is the Terp profile and other cannabinoids that determine the in the couch vs energetic strains. Not indica vs sativa.
Was a huge difference for me. Sativia made me nervous for some reason. I’m full onboard 100% with Indica
[Reply]
Rausch 04:46 PM 03-13-2023

Sounds like yer' the man to ask.

This is my issue. I'm only looking for the sedating effects. I want something for insomnia. Perhaps it matters and perhaps it doesn't but so far I've tried 5mg, 10 mg, and 25 mg edibles of sativa strains.

I've always been the guy that became nervous and paranoid after smoking. I don't know why. It's just made me nervous about 50% of the time I did anything over a minimal amount.

Right now the 25 mg's sometimes work perfect (7 day sample size) and last friday I took an edible and felt twice as gronked as any other day. I was actually thinking that if I keep getting more wasted I won't be able to sleep. It leveled out and I went to sleep in 30-45 minutes.

So I'm looking for advice. I'm a true lightweight with THC. I want something that will predictably help me sleep. Whatever is most likely to get that done I'm willing to try...
[Reply]
Rausch 05:07 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Was a huge difference for me. Sativia made me nervous for some reason. I’m full onboard 100% with Indica
That's what I've been experiencing. I thought Sativa was the more stimulating strain that lead to that feeling. Perhaps not. Maybe I need to try Indica.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:27 PM 03-13-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That's what I've been experiencing. I thought Sativa was the more stimulating strain that lead to that feeling. Perhaps not. Maybe I need to try Indica.
You want relaxing, get to sleep…. Indica is clearly a better choice.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:35 PM 03-13-2023

This is my issue. I'm only looking for the sedating effects. I want something for insomnia. Perhaps it matters and perhaps it doesn't but so far I've tried 5mg, 10 mg, and 25 mg edibles of sativa strains.

I've always been the guy that became nervous and paranoid after smoking. I don't know why. It's just made me nervous about 50% of the time I did anything over a minimal amount.

Right now the 25 mg's sometimes work perfect (7 day sample size) and last friday I took an edible and felt twice as gronked as any other day. I was actually thinking that if I keep getting more wasted I won't be able to sleep. It leveled out and I went to sleep in 30-45 minutes.

So I'm looking for advice. I'm a true lightweight with THC. I want something that will predictably help me sleep. Whatever is most likely to get that done I'm willing to try...
None of it is going to being 100% predictable to help you sleep in the doses you are seeking. Just look for products high in CBN and CBD and go from there. You may not even need any THC. You may just need some CBN and a weighted blanket.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:11 PM 03-13-2023

What area are you in or what dispo do you go to? I can take a look at their menu and give some suggestions.

Are you only looking at edibles?
[Reply]
Page 165 of 189
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175 > Last »
Up