ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 270
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:23 PM 03-23-2023
Clay has fallen to darkness again like King Theoden. No worries. Mahomes will be back soon with his staff to cast it out once more as Gandalf did with the King of Rohan.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:23 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Buffalo has major problems that trading for Hopkins can't solve.

Their defense is old.

Josh Allen is a turnover machine who melted down in their playoff loss to the Bengals.

Their offensive line is bad.

They have no consistent running game outside of Josh Allen running the ball and taking repeated punishing hits.
If Dorsey hasn't learned from that absolute shit show he put on vs the Bengals then the Bills are in for a world of hurt going forward.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:25 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, this is all wrong.
I'm done arguing about this lol. We will see when the season is over.

I need something else to argue about now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:27 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, this is all wrong.
True.

He'd be the 3rd best receiver on that team...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:28 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's all part of his game, man. He's the only person on this board that can go from "we're going 16-0" to "the Bills and Bengals are better than us" in less than 24 hours.
that's not what happened at all
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:29 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Huh? No, he's just attention whoring.
i had an opinion that the chiefs were not the best team ever and the board lost it's shit
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:29 PM 03-23-2023
If Dorsey hasn't learned from that absolute shit show he put on vs the Bengals then the Bills are in for a world of hurt going forward.
Yep. Dorsey was a pretty significant drop-off from Daboll.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:30 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i had an opinion that the chiefs were not the best team ever and the board lost it's shit
And I'm sure you got off real good on all the attention. You live for it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:31 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
True.

At least. 100% healthy, he might be the best WR on the team, but at the very least he's third. He's definitely going to be better than Julio was when he got traded, and Hopkins just went over 700 yards in 9 games and with four of the worst QBs in the league throwing to him, along with one of the worst OCs scheming things up for him.

Basically every one of those bolded statements are utter BS.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:31 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
And I'm sure you got off real good on all the attention. You live for it.
ive barely posted in this thread
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:33 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
True.

So if you were given the option to trade a 3rd and pay $34 mil over the next two years you would pick.Hopkins over Boyd?

No way in hell.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:35 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If the Jets gets Rodgers, they're easily the more balanced team.
If Rodgers decides he wants to embrace his new team, and bust his butt working with a new offense...

As opposed to scowling and pointing fingers

...yea they could be formidable.

I'm not ruling it out. But I don't really see it happening.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:38 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Buffalo has major problems that trading for Hopkins can't solve.

Their defense is old.

Josh Allen is a turnover machine who melted down in their playoff loss to the Bengals.

Their offensive line is bad.

They have no consistent running game outside of Josh Allen running the ball and taking repeated punishing hits.
.... and that defense can't rush the passer without Von Miller on the field.

One of the ways it could create the cap needed to trade for Hopkins is trading Ed Oliver. Which, while he's a flawed player, would still downgrade their DL even more.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:39 PM 03-23-2023
Quite frankly I'd be sort of glad that they did do it. Use up the piddling resources you have left on another WR and let the OL further stagnate. 17/42 dropbacks against the Bengals Josh Allen was pressured. Just for reference, Mahomes was pressured on 27/56 in LV.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:43 PM 03-23-2023
Quite frankly I'd be sort of glad that they did do it. Use up the piddling resources you have left on another WR and let the OL further stagnate. 17/42 dropbacks against the Bengals Josh Allen was pressured. Just for reference, Mahomes was pressured on 27/56 in LV.
I don't want to turn this into another argument about Hopkins' attitude (because I don't think he'd have those issues here) but honestly, Hopkins is a lot like Diggs when it comes to contracts and being happy with their situation, there's a real chance they could have TWO WR's bitching this time next year when they fail to reach the Super Bowl again.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 270
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Up