ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 164 of 192
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:43 PM 12-27-2021
Is this where we point out that Wylie balled out yesterday?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:57 PM 12-27-2021
I dont see how you replace Brown. Is there an immediate answer in mind? Cause if not, keep in mind that not only will they probably be worse than Brown, but they'll have to spend a good chunk of next year jelling with the OL and getting on the same page with Mahomes.

I'm not saying paying Brown a King's Ransom is the answer, I'm saying paying Brown what he's worth seems like a way better alternative than find another new LT.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:08 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I dont see how you replace Brown. Is there an immediate answer in mind? Cause if not, keep in mind that not only will they probably be worse than Brown, but they'll have to spend a good chunk of next year jelling with the OL and getting on the same page with Mahomes.

I'm not saying paying Brown a King's Ransom is the answer, I'm saying paying Brown what he's worth seems like a way better alternative than find another new LT.
Veach gave up pretty much the equivalant of a 1st rounder for Brown. Zero chance he isnt in a Chiefs uniform for the foreseeable future. You keep that core of Brown/Thuney/Humphrey/Smith/Niang for the next several years and let the grow together.

You let Brown walk you are back to square one. Whats the answer then?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:14 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Veach gave up pretty much the equivalant of a 1st rounder for Brown. Zero chance he isnt in a Chiefs uniform for the foreseeable future. You keep that core of Brown/Thuney/Humphrey/Smith/Niang for the next several years and let the grow together.

You let Brown walk you are back to square one. Whats the answer then?
Regardless of what draft capital we gave up, it would be foolish to consider that at all in contract decisions of monetary amount or length. Its a sunk cost.
[Reply]
Delano 09:14 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No one will admit that. Wylie put in the work to be a swing lineman and it’s paying off. He’s a great backup and coaches love guys with Wylie’s attitude. Veach built some incredible depth.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:16 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:

Quality LTs are pretty rare in the NFL. The fact is that most teams don't have one. And it's not like the draft is ever chock full of these guys. Some years there isn't one at all.

Brown may not be lighting the world on fire (so far) but he's better than whoever that was we had in there for the SB a year ago. Better than any KC OL not named either Fisher or Schwartz.

I'm leaning in favor of paying him well enough to keep him. Not top-8 LT money, but maybe top-12? Haven't tracked Ol money in awhile, what would that really be? Something like $15-17 million/year? He'd be worth something like that.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:29 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Regardless of what draft capital we gave up, it would be foolish to consider that at all in contract decisions of monetary amount or length. Its a sunk cost.
Not foolish whatsoever. Youve already given up a first rounder for a multi year pro bowl left tackle. Why not just pay him and protect your 500 million investment in Mahomes? They arent going bargain bin shopping at left tackle. Protect your franchise at all costs. Whats the alternative? Give up more draft capital only to pay someone else?

Im not interested in trying to save money at left tackle. It is a premium position. Veach needs to keep hitting on draft picks on cheap rookie deals i.e. Sneed, Fenton, Bolton, Gay, Humphrey, Smith, etc...
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:35 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Quality LTs are pretty rare in the NFL. The fact is that most teams don't have one. And it's not like the draft is ever chock full of these guys. Some years there isn't one at all.

Brown may not be lighting the world on fire (so far) but he's better than whoever that was we had in there for the SB a year ago. Better than any KC OL not named either Fisher or Schwartz.

I'm leaning in favor of paying him well enough to keep him. Not top-8 LT money, but maybe top-12? Haven't tracked Ol money in awhile, what would that really be? Something like $15-17 million/year? He'd be worth something like that.
He has been dominating lately. Zero pressure Sunday- Mahomes had all day to throw. Brown has been throwing guys around in the running game.

Our Oline will be set for years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:37 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Did he play well enough to trust Wylie full-time at LT for the next 3-4 years?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:39 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

:-)

If his agent doesn’t demand top LT money, he should be fired immediately.

He’s a 25 year old 3 time pro bowl tackle.

Add 5-10% to the top contract and that should realistically be his asking price.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:47 PM 12-27-2021
Didn't we go up to something like 26.5 Million a year in our offer for Trent Williams?
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:53 PM 12-27-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
:-)

If his agent doesn’t demand top LT money, he should be fired immediately.

He’s a 25 year old 3 time pro bowl tackle.

Add 5-10% to the top contract and that should realistically be his asking price.
He can demand anything. I was only stating what I think would be equitable.

And let's be brutally frank: as well as Brown has played in recent weeks, he is not a top-5 LT right now. He still has slow feet, his pass pro technique needs more work, even some of his run-blocking isn't top-5 level. He's pretty good, and certainly better than he was through the first few weeks, but he ain't Willie Roaf. Not yet anyway.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:00 PM 12-27-2021
You keep Mahomes healthy you are in the playoffs and likely a Super Bowl contender every single year. You keep Mahomes healthy he has a nice long career. Dont mess around when it comes to protecting him. Cut the check and keep the continuity of the O-line
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:08 PM 12-27-2021
Yeah I was big time "tag Orlando" earlier in the season but if he's performing like this I think you spend that money on him. There is absolutely zero wrong with paying a quality left tackle.

I love Mathieu but if given the choice you can find quality safeties a hell of a lot easier than a quality left tackle.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:04 PM 12-27-2021
Pay the man. He’s kept Mahomes healthy.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 192
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174 > Last »
Up