View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 163 of 343
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:10 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Frank Clark fucking sucks, amirite?

You have no room to say that considering you made a thread about your disdain.

I'm saying he's average, not a complete scrub. The guy is an elite runblocker
Frank Clark fucking sucks because he fucking sucks.

You've formed an opinion based on speculation.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:13 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Frank Clark fucking sucks because he fucking sucks.

You've formed an opinion based on speculation.

Humm hm
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:18 PM 09-16-2022
If I had said Frank Clark fucking sucks before he played a snap, you'd have a point.

And no, OBJ didn't fucking suck his first season with KC.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:24 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If I had said Frank Clark fucking sucks before he played a snap, you'd have a point.

And no, OBJ didn't fucking suck his first season with KC.

I never said he sucked, I said he's an average passblocker great run blocker.

I also mentioned that Patrick had to change his style of play, because Brown never mirrors a defender but washes them out with his reach thus cutting the arc of the pocket to a degree.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:25 PM 09-16-2022
I mean, that's not bad at all against Bosa.
[Reply]
Fish 12:24 AM 09-17-2022
I'm not sure this is the proof you really want to present. I'm watching with no audio so I have no idea what's being said. But what I'm watching really does not support your opinion. Considering the matchups, that's a pretty quality effort by OBJ57. Not #1 tackle performance. But certainly not the criticism you're looking for.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:32 AM 09-17-2022
watching that, he did much better against Mack than Bosa, but it was an okay performance... just not a performance worth paying top tier money for.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:33 AM 09-17-2022
Saying he's average passblocker and and is elite in the run game is hyperbolic.

I was more adamant about his average passblocking after he tried to leverage Veach, signing an agent at the very last moment, playing the negotiations in the media, and leaked info that Veach/Andy were disappointed and felt duped by these ploys.
Love that Veach played hardball with him. There's no reason the Chiefs should even care how he run blocks. All we should care about with our tackles (and LT specifically) is how well they pass block and are they also athletic enough to block downfield and when mahomes breaks contain.

Obj is valuable to the chiefs but hes less valuable to them than about any other team due to our pass heavy offense.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:27 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Cool video.

You see Mahomes spin away from the first wave of defenders a lot to buy more time and it almost always invariably results in a play for positive yardage. Makes me wonder why they don’t shotgun it with the long snapper and keep Mahomes another 5 yards deeper at the snap. It’d be ludicrous with most QBs but with his arm the extra time would probably be a net win (unless NFL rules don’t allow such a thing).
What? You talk about speed rushers winning, put Mahomes 5 yards deeper on the snap... Also, laughing at folks who say Mahomes drifting back wasn't a problem last year. Hell, Andy Reid addressed that this week and went out of his way to talk about Mahomes improvement there. If Mack and Bosa stay healthy, and we all agree they will play their fair share of mobile QB's, I bet 1 sack is their lowest total all year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:29 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chargem:
watching that, he did much better against Mack than Bosa, but it was an okay performance... just not a performance worth paying top tier money for.
:-)... So who will the Chiefs replace him with next year that will give as an okay or better performance against Mack and Bosa? :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 09-17-2022
The Chiefs did exactly what was needed with OBJ. Veach got this.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:37 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)... So who will the Chiefs replace him with next year that will give as an okay or better performance against Mack and Bosa? :-)
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Chiefs did exactly what was needed with OBJ. Veach got this.
All these who want a better LT must explain how is that going to happen. Who are you trading to get this fantastic LT? How many draft picks you giving up to move up and get a better LT with no guarantee they will be good in the NFL? Top 15 LT’s taken in the draft fail a lot.

Or else your just whining.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:44 AM 09-17-2022
As of right this minute, I'd be tagging and trading OBJ in the off-season. I don't think he's worth top of the market.

We'll see how the season goes, but as of this minute I'm not seeing anything much above average. He's decent. Not bad. Not better than healthy Fisher was.

He'd be a good fit in a run-first, play-action type offense. He'd be great in Tennessee, perhaps San Fran, NY Giants, Baltimore ironically. Perhaps one of those teams bites on a deal for him.

But I think we can either draft or purchase decent LT play for less than top of the market.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As of right this minute, I'd be tagging and trading OBJ in the off-season. I don't think he's worth top of the market.

We'll see how the season goes, but as of this minute I'm not seeing anything much above average. He's decent. Not bad. Not better than healthy Fisher was.

He'd be a good fit in a run-first, play-action type offense. He'd be great in Tennessee, perhaps San Fran, NY Giants, Baltimore ironically. Perhaps one of those teams bites on a deal for him.

But I think we can either draft or purchase decent LT play for less than top of the market.
There aren’t any FA tackles next year. In the draft you’re probably giving up a lot to move up far enough to take a good tackle
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:26 AM 09-17-2022
I said it in the beginning, I say it now. Pay that man, we simply have to. I don't feel we're missing Tyreek at all because Veach aced the draft, which was a big gamble that paid off. Not the case here.

Pay. That. Man. (After the season of course.)
[Reply]
Page 163 of 343
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Up