ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 163 of 488
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
Balto 03:24 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
YES PLEASE!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I just want someone who is a threat running routes and can take attention away from Kelce and Hill. I'd take 800-1000 yards which is what Hardman almost had but with catches and yards coming all over the field and not just on screens and jet sweep pitch plays.
So you want to give someone $16 million/yr to get roughly the same production but in a different style than the guy we have on a rookie deal.

That certainly makes a lot of sense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
At this point I'm content with a re-set year.

There are just so damn many unknowns. If any of the moves the Chargers, Broncos and Bills have made come to full fruition, Za'darius Smith won't do shit to change how we stack up there.

They're pushing a whole lot of chips in for a year or two and soon enough they'll find themselves where we presently are. Okay.

But to just try to keep it running in the red when we have no idea if we even HAVE to strikes me as unnecessary. These moves may just fizzle out. They're all older guys on the backsides of their respective careers (with a few smaller exceptions).

If you give them their most likely 50% outcomes for all the signings, NONE of these teams are actually orders of magnitude better than we are. With or without Smith.

And man, we can't just keep kicking the can. It's gonna hit us REALLY hard and then the question won't be 'can we sign Za'Darius Smith' but rather 'can we keep La'Jarius Sneed...'?

And fuck that. I'm not at all interested in losing Sneed in 2 years because we had to have Smith next season.

At some point you have to decompress and I think we've reached that point. The more you try to move numbers around and see how it impacts next years cap (and then see that as tough as things are now, they'll be orders of magnitude tougher next season if we do these things), the more you realize that we've probably reached a puke point on how aggressive we can be.

Just go after the young vets who appear to be ascending. Or hell, at least appear to be healthy.

And then tell Patrick he's gonna get to throw the ball 650 times.
Yeah....I get it. I'm just surprised that Smith signed for that little of a contract.

Plus I'm working off of the assumption that Clark and Jones are gone after this year in my head as well.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:29 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mike Danna's lack of pass rush ability is also a bit concerning.
Then there's Josh Kaindoh which is a complete unknown
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah....I get it. I'm just surprised that Smith signed for that little of a contract.

Plus I'm working off of the assumption that Clark and Jones are gone after this year in my head as well.
Oh they very easily could be.

And if we do nothing more than we've done thus far and cut them both outright next off-season with neither of them hitting any of their incentives, they'll STILL cost $14 million on our cap next season.

The caps getting WORSE for us next year, not better. Especially if we take Hill and Brown and negotiate their Year 1 figures down to kick it out into next season.

We gotta re-load a bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Then there's Josh Kaindoh which is a complete unknown
Really, at this point, they may be well served to consider transitioning Wharton out to DE.

I mean he's always moved more like a stand-up OLB. And at 6'4'', 260 he has the build for it. He also has really good first-step quickness for a large man.

I'd have him working from the 5-technique next year and I think he could do it fairly well. He reminds me a bit of RNR on the inside in that he's just not steady enough in there in the run game to be more than a 3rd down rusher. Whereas if you put him on the edge, he might play up a bit in run defense without losing a lot against the pass.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:44 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Really, at this point, they may be well served to consider transitioning Wharton out to DE.

I mean he's always moved more like a stand-up OLB. And at 6'4'', 260 he has the build for it. He also has really good first-step quickness for a large man.

I'd have him working from the 5-technique next year and I think he could do it fairly well. He reminds me a bit of RNR on the inside in that he's just not steady enough in there in the run game to be more than a 3rd down rusher. Whereas if you put him on the edge, he might play up a bit in run defense without losing a lot against the pass.
So put him at SDE?
[Reply]
O.city 03:47 PM 03-17-2022
The cap is exploding every year. I don’t know that I’d slow down on anything.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:49 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It was supposed to go up more this year and then it didn't. Veach already stated it wasn't at what they thought it would be....which is causing issues right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 03-17-2022
So put him at SDE?
Nah.

Weakside but not with an Under alignment that would swing him out to a 7 technique kind of player.

I think a 4-3 under leaves him homeless, at least on the edge. Not stout enough for SDE, not agile enough for LEO.

So a 4-3 over w/ the SDE at the 7 to maintain leverage on the TE and the Weakside DE at a straight up 5.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:49 PM 03-17-2022
{Looks at our cap situation}

Uh huh....
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:51 PM 03-17-2022
Guess what happens if you plan for the cap to be less and it goes up more? You have more money to play around with. When it's the opposite...you end up fucked.
[Reply]
O.city 03:56 PM 03-17-2022
And when you’re scared you lose

I’m not scared
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:56 PM 03-17-2022
Guess what happens if you plan for the cap to be less and it goes up more? You have more money to play around with. When it's the opposite...you end up fucked.
And if it goes a lot and you've planned for it to go up a lot, well EVERYONE gets a nice little boost so it's just more money in the system and you just have to pay anyone you sign more.

Meanwhile if you plan for it to go up less and operate accordingly, if it does go up more than expected, you've created a competitive advantage, even if slight.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM 03-17-2022
And when you’re scared you lose

I’m not scared
If you're out there advocating for dumping 1st round picks for aging veterans and tossing 8 figure AAVs at every brokedick DE or WR on the market, it's NOT because you're confident.

Your fear is that the Chiefs aren't good enough. I don't share that fear.

My fear is....math.

I have a little more confidence in my fear being proven correct than I do yours.
[Reply]
Page 163 of 488
« First < 63113153159160161162163 164165166167173213263 > Last »
Up