ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 270
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:15 PM 03-23-2023
I mean it's just crazy talk to think the team that has been neck and neck with us three years in a row would continue to be neck and neck with us! CRAZY! TROLLING!
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I mean it's just crazy talk to think the team that has been neck and neck with us three years in a row would continue to be neck and neck with us! CRAZY! TROLLING!
They've had an absolute disaster of an offseason so far and their QB is regressing. They aren't anywhere near as good as they were even 2 years ago.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We had 9 games last season where the offense failed to score more than 27 points. 11 if you count the playoffs. The offense struggled in more games than they didn't. And it may not do a whole lot better in 2023.
yeah, it was clearly a lousy offense.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:18 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I bet Tyreek wishes he had "his 15 back" too!
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:19 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Failing to score more than 27pts is struggling?
Yeah. Not sure why that's a question. btw, in six of those games the Chiefs scored 24 points or less. Below league average (25pts, iirc). All but two of those games were decided by 4 points or less. Basically coin tosses. And it's who we struggled to score on as well. BUF, CIN, LAC, IND, TEN, DEN . . . technically we also struggled to score on LAR as well. We scored 6 times, but only managed a pair of TDs, and were an awful 1-6 in the RZ. Against a banged up defense and largely incompetent offense that tried to gift us points.

Before 2022, KC in the Mahomes-era never had so many games scoring under 27 points in a season. Previously it was 6 games.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:21 PM 03-23-2023
Yeah. Not sure why that's a question. btw, in six of those games the Chiefs scored 24 points or less. Below league average (25pts, iirc). All but two of those games were decided by 4 points or less. Basically coin tosses. And it's who we struggled to score on as well. BUF, CIN, LAC, IND, TEN, DEN . . . technically we also struggled to score on LAR as well. We scored 6 times, but only managed a pair of TDs, and were an awful 1-6 in the RZ. Against a banged up defense and largely incompetent offense that tried to gift us points.
Yep. Totally shitty offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 03-23-2023
Objectively speaking, those players upgrade our roster.
No, the versions of them that existed 2 years ago clearly would.

Poyer fell off hard last year and Hyde, between his missed games, was not the same player either. I can only presume you're comparing Jones to Nnadi in which case - whatever, fine. You can play silly ass games like that if you say "Well I'd take Chris Jones over their starter" as well - who cares?

Yes, Diggs is very good. But if you're gonna sit here and tell me I should be afraid of two CLEARLY declining safeties and Daquan Jones - pft.

Yes, that's just trolling.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yep. Totally shitty offense.
That's hyperbolic. I guess we're not going to try and recognize any context or nuance today?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 03-23-2023
Objectively speaking, those players upgrade our roster.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through the thread and you haven't said anything "objective" yet.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:25 PM 03-23-2023
Daboll -> Dorsey seems to have been a pretty significant step back as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:25 PM 03-23-2023
Daboll -> Dorsey seems to have been a pretty significant step back as well.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:26 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
I bet Tyreek wishes he had "his 15 back" too!
Hawaiian guy so accurate though!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm about 3/4 of the way through the thread and you haven't said anything "objective" yet.
I mean I'm being kind to the Chiefs if anything. The Bills are only 13 seconds away from sweeping KC the last three matchups.

Adding Hopkins makes them a really tough matchup for us.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 02:28 PM 03-23-2023
In the last 4 seasons in 5 games the cumulative points are 146-139 chiefs. The history is unquestionably razor thin.

IF Von and Dhop could both be healthy in January, while unlikely, given the other roster movement this off-season, then I believe it's still very close. This is exactly the move the Bills need to make to stay with the Chiefs, Bengals and now Jets this season, and they have to go all in now. I'd love to see Veach block them at the right price. Bills fans would go nuts. Good times!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:29 PM 03-23-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
In the last 4 seasons in 5 games the cumulative points are 146-139 chiefs. The history is unquestionably razor thin.

IF Von and Dhop could both be healthy in January, while unlikely, given the other roster movement this off-season, then I believe it's still very close. This is exactly the move the Bills need to make to stay with the Chiefs, Bengals and now Jets this season, and they have to go all in now. I'd love to see Veach block them at the right price. Bills fans would go nuts. Good times!
CRAZY TALK! TROLLING!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:29 PM 03-23-2023
That's hyperbolic. I guess we're not going to try and recognize any context or nuance today?
That's laughably ironic.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 270
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up