« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:17 PM 12-22-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 AM 12-23-2022
trey with quick feet
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 04:13 AM 12-23-2022
Patrick would rather throw it to anyone but Skyy. That's telling.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:20 AM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Patrick would rather throw it to anyone but Skyy. That's telling.
He's a rookie, give it time.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:56 AM 12-23-2022
Skyy is going full Keysor Soze in the playoffs. Gimp to Mvp receiving 50 yard bombs from Mahomey
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:02 AM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Skyy is going full Keysor Soze in the playoffs. Gimp to Mvp receiving 50 yard bombs from Mahomey
The Spirt of Buddy Biancalana LIVES!!!!
[Reply]
JPH83 12:16 PM 12-23-2022
I think I've been as big of a defender of Moore as anyone. I liked the pick and I think he can be a good WR for us. Not elite but better than solid.

That said, his usage has been pretty disappointing. Maybe he offers too similar a role to JJSS, who in turn offers a little of what Kelce does. But given how much some of these guys have struggled against man, and that his calling card is winning quickly, it just seems a waste.

I get the argument that maybe he's just not doing enough to convince coaches or Mahomes, and that guys like MVS occupy a different role. But it's a bummer seeing him given less looks than some of the others. It's a waste imo.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:29 PM 12-23-2022
This thread has been an epic re-read.

Comparisons to Antonio Brown and expecting 700-800 yards this year.

Whoo boy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:36 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
This thread has been an epic re-read.

Comparisons to Antonio Brown and expecting 700-800 yards this year.

Whoo boy.
Hater
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:45 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think I've been as big of a defender of Moore as anyone. I liked the pick and I think he can be a good WR for us. Not elite but better than solid.

That said, his usage has been pretty disappointing. Maybe he offers too similar a role to JJSS, who in turn offers a little of what Kelce does. But given how much some of these guys have struggled against man, and that his calling card is winning quickly, it just seems a waste.

I get the argument that maybe he's just not doing enough to convince coaches or Mahomes, and that guys like MVS occupy a different role. But it's a bummer seeing him given less looks than some of the others. It's a waste imo.
Meh.

All it takes is 1 heroic catch in the playoffs and everyone will be in full force claiming it was a successful season for him. Skyy got 5 catches for 63 yards against the Chargers and it gets treated like a break out game.

And i think you're right about the JuJu thing. I've been thinking that for awhile now.

Yeah, i get that JuJu and Skyy are totally different in terms of size. But maybe Skyy's role will be similar to JuJu.

I think Skyy's best case scenario going into next season is that the Chiefs see him as this short yardage, reliable target guy who can fill JuJu's shoes in getting open 5-10 yards at a time underneath. Enough so that they allow JuJu to walk.

The optimist in me says that very well could be the case.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:46 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:

I think the thing with Skyy is that with his skillset, he simply can not afford to run routes incorrectly. Even him drifting 2 yards away from his target can not happen. He just doesn't have the athleticism to make up for being imprecise on the field. Welker, who flat out set the standard of a slot receiver, had a 75% catch percentage in his prime (insane, tbh). But that was because Brady (and even CASSEL) could count on him to be where he needed to be with near 100% precision.

Andy has not hid the fact that two of Mahomes interceptions were on Skyy in postgame this year. That's telling from Andy, who usually opts for things like "we gotta play better." Eventually Mahomes is just not going to look in his direction if he can't rely on Skyy to be where he needs to be.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:04 PM 12-23-2022
Lol, on most passing plays Sky is usually the 3rd or 4th read at best.

Now think about our OT play this season. Just how often do you people think Patrick getting to the 3rd-4th read on most passing plays?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:13 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think the thing with Skyy is that with his skillset, he simply can not afford to run routes incorrectly. Even him drifting 2 yards away from his target can not happen. He just doesn't have the athleticism to make up for being imprecise on the field. Welker, who flat out set the standard of a slot receiver, had a 75% catch percentage in his prime (insane, tbh). But that was because Brady (and even CASSEL) could count on him to be where he needed to be with near 100% precision.

Andy has not hid the fact that two of Mahomes interceptions were on Skyy in postgame this year. That's telling from Andy, who usually opts for things like "we gotta play better." Eventually Mahomes is just not going to look in his direction if he can't rely on Skyy to be where he needs to be.
Begs the question as to why the fuck did KC take an undersized WR with limited athleticism in the 2nd round
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:17 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Begs the question as to why the fuck did KC take an undersized WR with limited athleticism in the 2nd round
:-)
Limited athleticism, oh god.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Limited athleticism, oh god.
Does your objection come from one of those excellent 3-cone times that don't exist that y'all keep saying do?

Or is it some outstanding shuttle time?

At some point you fellas convinced yourselves that he's some elite athletic specimen. He isn't. Never has been. As an NFL wide receiver, he's an average athlete...mostly. In some ways he's above average, in some very much below. On balance he's...fine. And small. But he does have good hands and some solid abilities that should make him a decent complementary player someday.

But he's no sort of elite athlete out there, no matter how many times you guys have tried to simply create facts from whole cloth.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 280
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up