ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 185
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Halfcan 02:05 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Awe the excuses continue, as I said he'll make his bones in the playoffs but the 1st game he fell flat. He's not Justin Smith or Tamba Hali
Does George owe you money or something, you really seem to hate, hate, hate this guy.

You openly root for him to suck, to back up this hateful narrative. He is still a Chief and a good kid that tries hard. Why don't you give him a break and stop putting out so much negative energy toward George? :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:57 PM 01-22-2023
Awe the excuses continue, as I said he'll make his bones in the playoffs but the 1st game he fell flat. He's not Justin Smith or Tamba Hali
Nobody's making excuses for him, dingus. Everybody is acknowledging he didn't have a good game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:27 PM 01-29-2023
Karlaftis showed up that's excellent, it wasn't a " try hard" or coverage sack/pressure
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:28 PM 01-29-2023
Karlaftis showed up that's excellent, it wasn't a " try hard" or coverage sack/pressure
Legit impressive bump! Believe!
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:29 PM 01-29-2023
Go fuck your dad
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 AM 01-30-2023
1 sack and 1 TFL IN 27 snaps

whither Tribal?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:51 PM 01-30-2023
I love Karlaftis. However, I've seen many times where he is really slow coming off the snap. I hope he gets better at this.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:26 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I love Karlaftis. However, I've seen many times where he is really slow coming off the snap. I hope he gets better at this.
I don't think I've ever seen him off the snap being slow. Maybe by the defensive line play call, but no.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 07:30 PM 01-30-2023
I hate to reign on the parade but I just dont see Karlaftis being anything more than a useful player. Chris Jones mere presence helps alot of these guys out. Hes a good player just wont ever be great. We'll need trade up for a DE in the draft IMO. Being that we are set at QB, that should not be a big deal.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:30 PM 01-30-2023
One thing I want him to learn from Clark (besides coverage and edge setting) is timing the snap count.

There are times that Clark just has it down perfect. He’s moving perfectly with the ball before any OL is even starting to leave their stance. At times, it looks like he’s early but then you see the slo mo replay. It’s really impressive.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:31 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Go **** your dad
He already did
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:37 PM 01-30-2023
You either have quick twitch muscles or you don't. But to SM&D51's point you can get better a timing the snap to make up for this to a certain degree but then you run the risk of offsides/encroachment especially in crucial moments.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:41 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I hate to reign on the parade but I just dont see Karlaftis being anything more than a useful player. Chris Jones mere presence helps alot of these guys out. Hes a good player just wont ever be great. We'll need trade up for a DE in the draft IMO. Being that we are set at QB, that should not be a big deal.
If he can get to a Hubbard/Hendrikson level that is good enough. I don't see him as a J.J. Watt ever.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:00 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Give it another year. Lots of D-linemen start slow. If he doesn't flash by the end of next year then he's basically Allen Bailey. But I still think there's a chance he can be Tamba Hali.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:23 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
If he can get to a Hubbard/Hendrikson level that is good enough. I don't see him as a J.J. Watt ever.
That's where I'm at, and I think he will be better than Hubbard. I still like the pick a ton. I think he's going to be a very solid SDE that we needed badly.

Now we need a true stud speedier guy to replace Clark on the other side and to get better at NT and we'll be rippin'.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 185
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171 > Last »
Up