ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 313
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
kysirsoze 08:47 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Come on man, thats $20 million. Hill is going to cost more than that. Now wheres your money for the Honey Badger? Brown?

Some Chief fans need a reality check here. In no scenario can we keep all of our good players in the long term.

The Chiefs need to start making choices. And maybe they already have by not signing the Honey Badger?
Yeah if it IS a choice between those three, HB is probably gone.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:49 AM 08-09-2021
Come on man, thats $20 million. Hill is going to cost more than that. Now wheres your money for the Honey Badger? Brown?

Some Chief fans need a reality check here. In no scenario can we keep all of our good players in the long term.

The Chiefs need to start making choices. And maybe they already have by not signing the Honey Badger?
There's also talk of the salary cap exploding up to $250 million over the next 2-3 years due to new or increased revenue streams such as the new TV deal(s) and gambling. Hard to say for sure one way or another without knowing what the cap will be.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:49 AM 08-09-2021
Between Brown, Hill, and Mathieu, I'd most likely let Brown walk. You can replace a good tackle in the draft. Mathieu and Hill are two of the very best at their positions and mean something to the culture and identity of this team.

Brown you let walk, take the comp pick, and draft a left tackle.

Now, if Brown shows out to be an exceptional tackle, then you let Mathieu walk. It would absolutely suck, and he deserves better, but that's the hard choice.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 08-09-2021

If a choice need to be made, I don't think anyone would disagree that Brown and Hill are more valuable to team's long term success of those 3.
The way contracts are structured, you can make 20 million go a long way. You'd have to clean some of it up, but if you got Mathieu done this season you could get Brown done next offseason and wait to see what happens with Hill.

They can't keep everyone. But they can keep their best players.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:53 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
The Niang haters weep.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 08-09-2021
I also wouldn't be in a huge hurry to sign Brown until I saw how he is in this offense.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:56 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:56 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
What ever happened to Osemele? Did he end up signing with another team.
He broken.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:57 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Niang haters weep.
I was told he sucks by someone who has never seen him play in an NFL game. Was my source stupid?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:58 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
You’re gonna have clark coming off the books. Hitchens too.

They can do it if they want
And LDT.

And the dead money from Fisher/Schwartz.

And the cap's going up...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:58 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Between Brown, Hill, and Mathieu, I'd most likely let Brown walk. You can replace a good tackle in the draft. Mathieu and Hill are two of the very best at their positions and mean something to the culture and identity of this team.

Now, if Brown shows out to be an exceptional tackle, then you let Mathieu walk. It would absolutely suck, and he deserves better, but that's the hard choice.
Let Brown walk? We just gave a 1 for him. Let HB walk. Getting rid of Mahones LT is not a good move. His protection is everything.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:58 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And LDT.

And the dead money from Fisher/Schwartz.

And the cap's going up...
The way this roster is going…the cap isn’t the only thing “going up”!!!!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:59 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

We just traded a 1st rounder for Brown, though, and he's still very young.

I understand the argument you're making, but based on all factors you'd have to imagine Mathieu would be the least likely to be re-signed.

If a choice need to be made, I don't think anyone would disagree that Brown and Hill are more valuable to team's long term success of those 3.
Clark's cap hit is $26m. Hitchens' hit is $10m. That's a lot of chicken coming off the books if they choose to move on.

Hill's hit is already $15m so he's mostly accounted for.

It'll be difficult but cuts can be made.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:59 AM 08-09-2021
This was an interesting tidbit.

Andy Reid cannot stand joint practices. He’s never done them even back to Philadelphia. He believes every practice is important for learning. He doesn’t want to teach his players in front of other teams, plus they can become chaotic. Chaos doesn’t work for Andy Reid. https://t.co/BtmqnA6BUo

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) August 8, 2021

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:02 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Niang haters weep.
Does he actually have haters here? If so, WHY?
[Reply]
Page 161 of 313
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up