ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 297
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:33 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
I don't blame you one bit, but other than Prince's scoring Josh Freeman, Prince has been basically bringing in D-IA or D-II players along with D-II or NAIA coaches.
Which is not much different than Snyder did from 2002-2005 in terms of recruiting, IMO.

However, while HS recruiting has been fairly pathetic, the WRSOAT seems to be doing a good job of landing transfer students and JUCO's.
[Reply]
Coach 07:44 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Which is not much different than Snyder did from 2002-2005 in terms of recruiting, IMO.

However, while HS recruiting has been fairly pathetic, the WRSOAT seems to be doing a good job of landing transfer students and JUCO's.
No, but look at who was his assistant coaches at the time. He didn't have the luxury of having a solid assistant coaching staff as well during that time frame.

Having a good solid assistant coaches can do wonders on the recruiting trail. It's not a coincidence that when Stoops, Mangino, Venables, Bielema, were assistants under Snyder is where they had pulled a solid recruting trail.

And Snyder always love going the JUCO route occasionally.

You can never have too many 4 or 5-stars transfer into your program is how I look at it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:53 AM 03-12-2010
I think we need to win tonight to get our #2 seed. Had we not lost to fuggin ISU, that wouldn't have been the case. IMO, in the eyes of the Committee members, I'm sure we lost some luster when we lost that last home game - and rightfully so. I think we have to prove we can knock off a top 20 team to get back in their good graces. And, quite frankly, if we can't beat Baylor this time of the year, I'm not sure why would we think we should deserve a #2 seed. jmho

GO CATS!:-)
[Reply]
Dante84 10:21 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I think we need to win tonight to get our #2 seed. Had we not lost to fuggin ISU, that wouldn't have been the case. IMO, in the eyes of the Committee members, I'm sure we lost some luster when we lost that last home game - and rightfully so. I think we have to prove we can knock off a top 20 team to get back in their good graces. And, quite frankly, if we can't beat Baylor this time of the year, I'm not sure why would we think we should deserve a #2 seed. jmho

GO CATS!:-)
I understand your point, but it's the whole body of work, not just "what have you done for me lately" the way the rankings work all year.

Our strength of schedule is better than the other potential 2 seeds. We only have 1 "bad loss." Our road record is impeccable. We finished 2nd in the big 12, one of the hardest conferences. I'll be damned if New Mexico lands a 2 seed over us.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:44 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I understand your point, but it's the whole body of work, not just "what have you done for me lately" the way the rankings work all year.

Our strength of schedule is better than the other potential 2 seeds. We only have 1 "bad loss." Our road record is impeccable. We finished 2nd in the big 12, one of the hardest conferences. I'll be damned if New Mexico lands a 2 seed over us.
I don't disagree, but when you are K-State, there is a lot of "what have you done for me lately" with the committee. When need the win tonight for a lot of reason's, least of which is our seed. jmho
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:47 AM 03-12-2010
I don't disagree, but when you are K-State, there is a lot of "what have you done for me lately" with the committee. When need the win tonight for a lot of reason's, least of which is our seed. jmho
I would love for KU to face KSU in the final (if they beat aTm) in the Championship game...
[Reply]
alnorth 12:11 PM 03-12-2010
Not this season. The committee has specifically said they are greatly de-emphasizing "how you finish", under the idea that a great win or bad loss in November shouldnt be less important than if it happened in February. This year, among the stats that will be prepared and given to the committee, they specifically decided they no longer even wanted the "last 10 games" record they used to get and look at.

Its why people started putting K-State in the #1 seed even though they weren't top-4 in the polls, the polls only really measure how hot a team is, not really which teams are better.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:27 PM 03-12-2010
Iowa State loses Brackins, Gilstrap and now sophs Justin Hamilton and Dominique Buckley both transferring.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:14 PM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Iowa State loses Brackins, Gilstrap and now sophs Justin Hamilton and Dominique Buckley both transferring.
"They coulda had Mark Fox"!!!
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:39 PM 03-12-2010
just saw one of the refs. Head for the locker room.. What's up?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kstater 06:40 PM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
just saw one of the refs. Head for the locker room.. What's up?
Posted via Mobile Device
Came into the game with sprained ankle, couldn't continue. Alternate in for the remainder.
[Reply]
kstater 08:05 PM 03-12-2010
Damn all these foul fests always cutting into KSU's scheduled time.
[Reply]
GoHuge 08:26 PM 03-12-2010
We beat these guys at their place. Lets hope we can do it at the SC. I'm glad it's not at the Octagon of Dumb. We've sucked ass at home against teams like OSU and ISU that we should have buried. EMAW!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:30 PM 03-12-2010
Lots of EMAW-esomeness here tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kstater 08:45 PM 03-12-2010
CK you idiot
[Reply]
Page 161 of 297
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up